How Green Day Saved Me From A Coma

over the edge

It was a warm summers day and the 3rd day of our joint family holiday to california.For the past two days we had just been relaxing by the hotel pool and sight seeing. Today Nat and I had decided that us and our familys should go down to the beach and hang around down there for a bit.
"You never know, we might see Green Day at the beach" I joked stuffing a towel ans spare clothes into my backpack.
"oh lis, shut it! you havn't shut up about tht fucking band since we got here!" Nat said.
"Yeh but, its not my fault that I'm obsessed"I moaned at her.
"Okay lis, well just try and forget about them for one day? please?"
"I'll try but I'm not promising"I replied.
We walked out of our room and met the others in the lobby.Then my mom ordered 2 cabs to take us to the beach.The cabs arrived and we clambered inside Nat and I started playing slapsys in the back seat of the first cab.It took us about half hour to get to the beach from our hotel, When we arrived my little brother dan decided he was going in the sea in his inflatable boat, I decided I wasn't going to be the one who got stuck with looking after him again so I grabbed Nats arm and slowly Krept away from the crowd dragging her along with me.
"Why don't you wanna look after him lis? he's so cute." She said trying to make dan sound like a little angel and me sound like hells child.
"He's not cute! He's a pain. You wouldnt be saying he was cute if you had to look after him everyday! or if he stole all the attention from your parents and made you feel like a nobody! I know it's not his fault he's autistic, but it's not my fault I'm not or that I'm older than him."I complained."Now come on lets go have some fun, some dan free fun!" I yelled. We snuck around the back of this gigantic rock and stayed there until my dad had all ready gone down to the sea with dan.
"Hey I know why don't we try and climb it"I sugested pointing towards the rock.
"Ummm.Okay"Nat agreed nd we both started to crawl up the side of the huge rock.I found a medium sized crab half way up and knew that Nat would be scared if I showed her so I picked it up and held it out infront of her.
"Uhhh lis, get it away, you know I don't like them"She yelled.
I laughed at her, "It wont hurt you Nat"
"I dont care!! get it away!!" She yelled.
"Cool!" A little boy yelled from above me. "A crab, can I see it?"
"Sure" I yelled back. "hang on I'll climb u[p and show it to you. I held the crab in one hand nd used the other to pull myself the rest of the way up the rock.I sat at the top of the rock with the little boy looking at the crab and talking about what sort of music we were into. He liked Green Day too.His name was Timmy, I think he was about two years younger than me, but anyway, we sat and waited for Nat to climb the rest of the way up.
"So do you live here?" I asked Timmy.
"Yeh, you?"
"Nah,Im just here on vacation from brittain"I replied I had only been there two days and 'I was already starting to pick up american slang.
"Thought your accent was different."He laughed.
I laughed back.
"So are you here with anyone?"I aksed
"Nah, I just like to come up here by myself, but it's nice having you as company"He replied."So are you going to the Green Day concert tonight?"He asked "Theyre playing here in CA"
"Oh my god!! I didnt know!! Oh I would have done anything to go" I complained.
"I have a spare ticket, you wanna go with me?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'd love to" I replied
"would your parents allow you to?"He asked.
"They should do, I'll ask them when Nat gets up here"I replied.
Nat finally reached the top of the rock and came out with
"How can you two be so fasinated by that thing?" pointing towards the crab which was now crawling away.We both laughed at her.Then I boasted that my dream was coming true about seeing Green Day while on holiday.I inroduced Nat and Timmy to each other then went back to talking about Green Day with Timmy.
"So have you ever actually seen Green Day in person before?"I aksed him.
"Seen them? I know them, thats how I got the tickets."
"Oh my god! really?"
"Yeah, I'll introdyce you to them tommorow if ya want?"
"Yeh, I'd love that. Thanks tim" I said hugging him.
"No probz" He said hugging me back and smiling."So where are you staying?"
"Oh in the umm.... whats it called Nat? umm...Park Plaza Hotel"
"Oh my god really?"
"Yeah, why,"
"Thats not far from my house."
"Awsome! so um I'll ask my mom about the concert?"
"Yeh"
",Kay"I stood up and walked to the edge of the rock and called down to my mom
"Hey, mom, up here, hey, umm... my freind Timmy has a spare ticket top tonights green day gig and hes asked me to go, its not far from the hotel so can I?"
"If you come down here and introduce me to jimmy then yes"
",Kay, its Timmy! and thanks mom"
We all began to climb down the rock back on to the floor sp I could go to the concert Timmy went dow first followed by Nat followed by me.I'd got half way down when Nat called up
"Lis, watch out snake!" hoping to get me back for the crab thing.
"Where?" I yelled letting go off the rock and allowing my foot to slip off the edge of a bump that I was balanced on.I fell to the floor and landed hitting my head various times I think I must have been unconcious by the time I hit the bottom because I couldn't open my eyes yet I could hear everything that was going on around me.