A Valentines Day to Remember

A Valentines Day Suprise

Alyssa Drew hesitated as her mouse hovered over the send button. She looked up at the two girls standing beside her, “Anna, Danielle; are you sure about this? I mean what if it gets leaked to the press?”

Anna Reed sighed in frustration, “Oh you have got to be kidding me! Lys this was your idea you can’t back out now; help me out here Danny.”

Danielle sighed, “She’s right Alyssa this was your idea. Besides this is the first chance I’ve had on upstaging Kevin on Valentines Day and I really like this idea.”

Alyssa sigh in defeat, “But what if it gets leaked? Won’t the guys be mad?”

Anna laughed, “Then it would make some darn good youtube videos for all the fans, besides it’s not like the press haven’t figured out that we are dating them and Kevin and Danielle are getting married in a month, that story is bound to brake soon. Besides, I personally think the boys will enjoy this; they’ve been really stressed lately.”

Alyssa closed her eyes as she clicked send, “I hope you’re right,” She mumbled as she clicked out of her account.

XXXXX

Joe stared at his phone in shock as he joined Kevin at the table. He didn’t understand it Alyssa knew his flight had gotten in last night, yet she was ignoring his calls and on Valentines Day no less; it just didn’t make sense.

“Have you talked to your fiancée lately,” He asked as he poured himself some cereal.

Kevin looked at him confused, “Not since last night why?”

“Because I know that she was with Alyssa last night and Lys isn’t answering her phone, I’m worried.” Joe answered as he pushed his cereal around with his spoon.

Kevin laughed, “Joe they are probably still asleep, they stayed at Anna’s last night so knowing them they probably stayed up talking all night.”

Joe sighed, “I guess you’re right, I just want tonight to be perfect.”

“Nervous?” Kevin asked as Joe’s phone beeped signaling a text.

“See, I told you they were probably just asleep.” Kevin added as Joe read the text.

“Who was asleep?” Nick yawned sleepily as he joined his brothers.

“The girls; Joe was having a mini… Joe are you okay?” Kevin asked as he noticed his brothers pale face.
Joe didn’t answer as he continued to stare at the screen.

“Joe?” Nick asked as he took the phone from him to see what he was looking at.

Nick stared at the phone confused as he read the message out loud, “Busy with the girls all day, Love Lys. P.S: You guys need to check your e-mail.”

“Well, that’s odd,” Kevin stated as he looked at his phone to find the same text.

“What am I supposed to do now,” Joe whined as he buried his face into his hands.

“Well, first things first we are going to see why this e-mail is so important,” Nick stated as he too found the same message on his phone.

“Do you think they are up to something?” Kevin asked causing Joe’s head to pop back up.

“You think?” He asked.

Kevin rolled his eyes, “With Anna and Alyssa anything is possible.”

“Well we’re about to find out,” Nick stated as he quickly left the room to grab his lap top and then rejoined his brothers.

As he pulled up his e-mail, Joe and Kevin gathered round. He quickly clicked on the most recent from Anna and clicked on the video link it held. Suddenly the girl’s faces filled the screen.

Happy Valentines Day!” The girls yelled causing the boys to all jump.

“You didn’t actually think we were going to blow you off on the most romantic day of the year did you?” Anna asked as they all smiled at the screen.

Danielle reached out and slapped Anna in the back of the head, “Anna.”

“What, you know Joe was thinking it,” Anna whined causing Joe to blush just a bit.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “So anyways, you guys always seem to go all out with surprising us for every Valentines Day and this year we decided that it was our turn to surprise you.”

Danielle took over from there, “We’ve decided to send you on a little Valentines Day scavenger hunt. Each of you will have a task you have to complete; after all the tasks are completed you will each get the clue that will lead you to you’re prize.”

“Which is us of course,” Anna interrupted.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “So anyways, we drew straws to see which of you would go first and Danielle won so I’ll let her fill you in on your first task.”

“So Kevin, do you remember that day out by the water when we played around with the camera? That day was very special to me for a rather odd reason; your task is to recreate that moment to the best of your ability and figure out exactly why it was so important.”

“Now off you go,” Anna stated with a wave of her hand.

“Oh and make sure and grab a camera so you can record each task and send it to us. We will send you the next task.” Alyssa added.

“Bye guys,” They all stated as the video came to an end.

Joe groaned as he rested is head in his hands, “Today of all days; why did they have to pick today?”

Nick patted him on the back, “Don’t worry Joe, this will be fun; I think.”

“Besides the faster we complete these tasks the more time we can spend with the girls,” Kevin added.

Joe sighed, “I guess you’re right; it’s I’ve been planning this for months and what if it doesn’t work out?”

“Joe stop worrying. Everything will be fine; your plans will just have to change for a bit.” Kevin replied.

Joe looked up with a slight grin, “It does sound like fun doesn’t it?”

Nick laughed, “Okay so Kevin do you know what Danny was talking about?”

Kevin nodded, “Sure it was that day we spent down by the beach right before I asked her to marry me.”

Joe looked at him oddly, “Isn’t that when the paparazzo showed up and caught you kissing? Why would that special to her?”

Kevin shrugged, “It was special to her because after those photos leaked we didn’t really have to hide any more.”

“She wants you to recreate that how exactly?” Nick asked.

Kevin shrugged his shoulders, “I have no idea.”

The brothers sat in silence a while before Joe grinned, “Do we still have those wigs from the SNL skit?”

“Yeah, why?” Nick asked.

“Just go get the camera and meet me out side,” He stated before running upstairs.

When Joe emerged from the house ten minutes later Kevin and Nick broke into hysterics.

XXXX

Alyssa smiled as she clicked on the new message.

“Hey you guys, they’ve completed the first task!” She yelled causing Danielle and Anna to come running.

She clicked on the video link and sat back to watch.

When Kevin and Joe’s face filled the screen they all began to laugh. They were out by the lake on the golf course; Joe was dressed in an old shirt of Danielle’s and had on a wig while Kevin was trying very hard not to laugh and if the girls had to guess from the shaking of the camera Nick was having a harder time than Kevin.

Kevin finally regained his composure, “Alright girls here’s task one.”

Kevin placed his hands over Joe’s eyes then removed them, “You can open your eyes now.”

Joe looked around before letting out an over dramatic gasp, “Oh Kevin it’s beautiful,” He stated in a squeaky girls voice.

Danielle scoffed, “I do not sound like that.”

The other girls rolled their eyes as the video continued.

Joe suddenly tackled Kevin in a hug, “I love you, I love you, I love you.” He yelled in his girly voice as Kevin held up a camera and snapping a picture.

By the end of the video both the boys and the girls were in hysterics.

Alyssa wiped the tears from her eyes, “Oh my goodness, I can’t believe they did that.”

Anna continued to laugh as she reached over and sent the next e-mail, “Oh if you think that’s funny wait until they get to our tasks.”

“I know, poor Nick; let’s just hope they don’t get mauled by fangirls.” Danielle stated between laughs.

Anna smiled deviously, “Oh I didn’t tell you; I change the task a little bit. I don’t think it will be a problem anymore.”

Alyssa looked at Anna with large eyes, “You didn’t!”

Anna just laughed.

“You didn’t what? Anna what did you do?”

Anna just giggle, “Oh you’ll see.”

XXXX

“Kevin, Joe get in here; they sent the next task.” Nick yelled from his spot in front of the computer.

As his brothers filed in behind him Nick clicked on the video link.

Anna’s face filled the screen, “Nick, this next one is for you.”

Suddenly the screen went black and the mission impossible themes song began to play. It then cut to a picture of Anna dressed in black in what appeared to be their kitchen. She began to sneak around hiding behind different objects throwing in a floor roll every now in then. She made her way into the family room and walked over to a sleeping Elvis. She quickly clipped a leash to his collar before leading him out the door.

The screen went black again before cutting back to Anna’s face, “Nick your mission if you choose to accept it is to find your dog. That’s right this time I really did dognap Elvis and in order to get him back you must complete this task. You will need one poster some string and a lot of courage. That’s right Jonas I am sending you into the lions den, a.k.a. the park.”

Anna laughed before continuing, “Now don’t worry I’m not a complete idiot, you can totally disguise yourself but I think you already know what I want you to put on that poster and yes you have to do it Nicholas. I want no less than five and video of each; oh and there’s a catch. You can only talk to guys.”

As the video came to an end Joe and Kevin looked to Nick for an explanation.

Nick laughed, “Did I ever tell you guys that when Anna and I met that I thought she was a crazy stalker fan trying to steal Elvis?”

Joe looked at Nick in confusion, “I thought she was our dog walker.”
Nick nodded, “She is, but I didn’t know that at the time. You remember how during the live chat one of the fans said they wanted to steal Elvis?”

“Yeah?” Kevin answered while waving for Nick to continue.

“Well if you remember right shortly after that we flew down here for a few days and you two wanted to go get something to eat but my sugar was high and I wasn’t feeling too great so I went home. Well anyways I ended up taking a nap and when I woke up it was to see some girl out the window trying to put Elvis on a leash. Needless to say I freaked and to make a long story short I followed her to the park and ended up confronting her.”

“So how does that tell you what she wants you to write on the poster?” Joe asked.

Nick smiled, “Oh my Anna’s a devious one; she wants me to write what I said to her after I figured out who she was.”

“Which was?” Kevin asked.

“Well apparently mom hadn’t given her our last name so I asked her if she knew who the Jonas Brothers were and when she said yes I asked her if she had hugged a Jonas today. When she said no I hugged her and told her now she had.”

Joe cracked up, “Nice pickup line Nick.”

Nick smirked, “It worked didn’t it?”

Kevin laughed, “Good point.”

Nick jumped up from his seat and clapped his hands, “Let’s get this show on the road.”

XXXXXX

Anna giggled in anticipation as Danielle clicked on the video link from the boys.

Nick’s smiling face filled the screen, “Hi girls, so here’s task two.”

He laughed before adding, “Oh and Anna, you said I couldn’t talk girls but you didn’t say anything about showing them the sign.”

The video panned out as Nick held up the sign. In big bold letters it said “Have you hugged a Jonas today?” Nick quickly flipped it to the other side where it said “Now you have.”

Anna growled, “Oh he thinks he’s so smart; what’s he gonna do if he gets mauled by fans?”

Alyssa snickered, “Anna, I don’t think he thought that far ahead.”

Danielle just sighed, “Well let’s just hope he gets those hugs fast.”

The screen the cut to Nick holding up the sign as two girls stopped in front of him to read it. One of the girls said something then shook her head causing Nick to grab the unsuspecting girls in a quick group hug before turning the sign for them to read and promptly running away; as he ran towards the camera he held up two of his fingers.

Joe’s laughing voice then poured out of the speakers, “I think he’s trying to tell Anna that was two.”

The screen then cut to black before it cut back to Nick holding the sign up once more. This time it appeared to be a guy around Kevin’s age walking with a pretty blond.

“Hey you!” Nick screamed catching their attention.

The boy looked behind him then back at Nick and pointed to himself.

Nick nodded his head, “Yeah you, can I ask you a question?”

The guy looked at Nick confused, “Umm sure?”

Nick smiled, “Do you know who the Jonas Brothers are?”

The guy laughed, “Sure I do, they’re that Disney band; Sandy here’s in love with them.”

Nick smirked, “Has Sandy here hugged a Jonas today?”

The guy looked at Nick in confusion, “No, Why?”

Nick laughed, “Oh really? Well do you mind if I give Sandy here a hug?”

The boy looked down at his stunned girlfriend before shrugging his shoulders, “I guess.”

Nick smiled as he leaned in and hugged the girl who gladly returned the hug.

When he let go of her he turned to the guy once more, “Well now she has.”

Sandy squealed in Joy as Nick quickly pulled something out of his pocket and signed it, handing it to a now hysterical Sandy before turning to leave.

“Hey wait!” The guy yelled causing Nick to turn around.

He looked at Nick sheepishly, “We’re both huge fans and you just totally made her day; thanks.”
“No problem,” Nick stated as he walked away.

The screen cut once again this time to Nick taking to a man who was holding the hands of two identical little girls.

While Nick explained to the man what was going on Kevin whispered from behind the camera, “Oh no, Joe look to your left.”

The camera panned to the left and zoomed in to show hug number one and hug number two with about twenty of their friends.”

“Crap, I knew this was gonna happen.” Joe stated as he panned the camera back to Nick.

Kevin came into view as he stepped in front of the camera, “I’m not giving you that five buck’s Joe,” Kevin stated as he ran towards Nick.

Kevin leaned over and whispered in Nick’s ears causing Nick to snap his head around just in time to catch the girls breaking out into a full sprint. He widened his eyes as he quickly leaned over to hug both girls before him and Kevin sprinting towards the camera.

As they got closer to the camera Kevin began to yell, “Joe, run!”

The camera panned to the ground giving the girls a good view of Joe’s converse clad feet as he ran.

“Unlock the door,” Nick yelled as they reached their car.

“I can’t, the button isn’t working,” Joe panted as feet came to a stop.

“Oh give them to me,” Kevin yelled as his feet joined Joe’s on screen.

Suddenly the sound of the locks clicking filled the speaker followed by the car door being yanked open. As Joe sat in the passenger seat he sat the camera in his lap giving the girls a nice view of his crotch.

“Um Joe is that thing still on?” Kevin asked as the sound of the car being put in gear could be heard.

“Oh crap, I forgot,” He stated as the camera quickly panned to the roof.

“Here give me that thing,” Nick said as the camera moved around a bit before showing Nick’s face once more.

“Anna you so owe me,” He stated before the screen went black once more.

The girls just looked at each other before bursting into fits of laughter.
“I told you they didn’t think that far ahead,” Alyssa gasped between fits of laughter.

“Oh my God did you see Kevin and Nick’s face? That was priceless,” Danielle added as she quickly hit send on the final task.

XXXX

Joe, Nick and Kevin gathered around the computer as Joe clicked on the video link for the final task.

Alyssa’s face filled the screen, “Hey baby, I drew the short straw so we got to go last. Don’t worry I won’t put you to through too much, I just want you to think of the night we met; you got it yet?”

“Well baby that was the day I fell for you, literally. Well, more like fell in front of you; my heel broke and of course you being the gentleman you are you just had to go and try to catch me. Too bad you’re clumsier than me,” Alyssa laughed.

“So anyways I distinctly remember telling you that it was hard to walk in my shoes and you laughing; Joe do you remember what I said after that?”

Alyssa laughed again, “That’s right, I said you should try it and that’s exactly what I want you to do. All you have to do is go down to the Shoe Carnival where you will meet a nice woman by the name of Betty; she already has you a nice set of high heels pick out in just your size. All you have to do is walk from one end of the store to the other and then Betty will give each of you a clue that will lead you to us; simple right? Love you baby and see you soon.”

Kevin cracked up, “danger in high heels; I can’t wait to see that.”

Joe walked unsurely through the door of the Shoe Carnival pulling his hat further down over his hair as he looked around trying to figure out who this Betty was.”

“Hi, you must be Lyssy’s man,” A lady called from behind the counter.

Joe smiled as he held out his hand for the petite red head to shake, “You must be Betty.”

“Sure am, so here are your shoes and if you want privacy I would head for the far isle right over there,” She said while pointing to a dimly lit isle.

Joe quickly walked over to the isle she pointed and sat down at the bench to slip his shoes off as he picked up the first red high heel he scrunched his nose in disgust, “Do I really have to do this?”

Kevin laughed, “Joe you’re this close why give up now?”

Joe sighed as he slipped the red heels on, “I guess you’re right.”

“Besides they don’t look too hard to walk in,” He stated as he attempted to stand up only to quickly fall into the shelf scattering shoes everywhere.

As Nick pointed the camera at Joe he and Kevin began to laugh as Joe attempted to stand once more.

“How in the world do girls wear these?” He asked as he stood up strait holding onto the wall for balance.

He quickly walked to the end of the isle with out any more incidents then turned and headed back. About half way he began to wobble, yet amazingly held his balance; just before he reached his original starting point he held his arms up in victory. Too little too soon; shortly after he did the toe of his shoe caught on the carpet causing him to pitch forward and face plant into the carpet. By this time Kevin and Nick were doubled over laughing.

Joe glared as his brothers as he rubbed his forehead, “I think we’re done here,” He added as he quickly switched shoes and headed for the counter.

“Here you go,” He said as he handed Betty the high heels.

Betty smiled as she handed him three envelopes, “No, thank you; oh and have fun tonight,” She added with a wink.

Joe’s nerves came back full force as he noted his name scrawled across one of the envelopes in Alyssa’s hand writing.

XXXXXXX

Alyssa smiled as she saw Joe’s car pull into the parking lot. She stood up and brushed the wrinkles out of her dress as Joe headed towards her carrying a single red rose.

As he reached her he broke into a smile, “Hey beautiful,” as he handed her the rose and leaned in for a kiss.

“You look amazing tonight,” he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Why thank you; you don’t look too bad yourself,” Alyssa replied as they broke apart.
As Alyssa led them to their destination Joe took the chance to look around. She had set up a picnic style dinner in front of the very same fountain where they had met. It was the perfect place really; it looked gorgeous at night with the way the fountain and garden surrounding it remained lit up.

Joe smiled to himself as they sat on the blanket; he couldn’t have picked a more perfect location himself.

They sat in a comfortable silence as they ate dinner and by desert Joe’s nerves were at an all time high; finally he wasn’t able to take it any longer.

He reached for Alyssa’s plate and set it to the side before taking her hands in his, “Lys from the day you fell on me I knew I was hooked. You we so adorably clumsy and feisty how could I not be. That night when I asked for your number I was so scared you would say no but you amazed me in saying yes and then when we left for the world tour I was terrified you would get sick of waiting for me but again you amazed me. Here we are almost two years later and you’ve stuck with me through it all. Through the crazy schedules, the three am phone calls, the fangirls, the rumored girlfriends, and crazy paparazzi moments; you’ve amazed me through them all and I just have one more question I want to ask you.”

Joe reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a tiny blue box and stood up on one knee, “Alyssa Lucile Drew, will you amaze me once more by agreeing to become my wife?” He asked as he opened the box to reveal a beautiful square diamond in an antique setting.

Alyssa’s hand drifted to her mouth as she stared at Joe with tears in her eyes; she nodded wordlessly as Joe broke into a smile, a few tears in his eyes as well.

He leaned in to kiss her as he slipped the ring on her finger. Alyssa smiled into the kiss before pulling back with a groan.

Joe’s face fell, “What’s wrong Lys?”

“You topped my gift.”

Joe grinned, “You got me a gift?”

Alyssa nodded as she pulled a box from behind the picnic basket and handed it to Joe.

Joe lifted the lid off the box and gasped, “Lys is that a.”

Alyssa interrupted, “An original nineteen seventy two SX-70 Polaroid instant film camera; do you like it.”

Joe carefully lifted it from the box, “Lys this is absolutely incredible; I love it. How did you even find it?”

Alyssa smiled, “It wasn’t easy.”

Joe sighed appreciatively, “It’s in perfect condition; does it work?”

Alyssa nodded.

“Well in that case get over here,” He said as he pulled her to his side

“Why?” She asked.

“To take a picture of course; after all today is definitely a Valentines Day to remember.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story gave me fits. I wrote it a while ago but stupid me, I didn't save it then go and delete it. I was so mad at myself that it took forever to finish and i'm still not completely happy with it... so what do ya think? It's my first attempt at a one-shot.

A Big thanks to Toni who helped me with the boy's tasks...lmao that was an interesting AIM conversation ;)... love ya girl!!

Comments are much appreciated!!