Her HeartNecklace is broken

I think I need a band-aid.

“And, maybe, just maybe. Forever can be forever, but I guess, it just takes two amazing people. Does that mean I’ll never find it?”

I drove home, alone yet again. I found myself just swerving on the streets. Every other road I saw on my right, I turned on. Every now and then, I found myself at a dead end, and I’d turn back. It’s like love. You can pick and choice which way to go, and yet somehow every now and then, you’re at a dead end. At times, you don’t have enough gas or energy to turn around, and act like that didn’t happen. Sometimes, you still do, and you can turn around and get back onto track.

I raced down every road; and passed every stop sign. I’ve always knew Gettysburg was just another name for the middle of no where. I passed by a few houses, and eventually by a mall. I really hate this place, it’s full of emptiness. It’s where I met Charles. At that mall, that I happened to pass. He was on a date with Christina. She had told me about it, but my tiny attention span at that time was focused on something else, most likely a squirrel or something else that was cute and fluffy. I was in seventh grade, I really didn’t have a life. But, I remember walking the mall and at that time, I was a loner, too. I saw them, and I guess it all hit me. The last four years with Charles has been amazing. Things have changed since that September day, I guess. Christina got in a serious relationship, and she’s happy.
Charles and I were always happy, or I thought.

Until, he cheated on me.
I memorized his explanation he had said to me on the phone. He was crying, and I guess that was also a reason I loved him. He could cry, and he didn’t mind it. He didn’t cry all the time, just when something bad happened. Something bad had happened. He had cheated on me.

“I love you so much Babe. You know that, right? Of course you know that! I’ve been telling you that for what’s been the last four years! Hun, I love you so much. Really, I do. See, I was at this party. Things got a little crazy, and I was a little higher than usual. I found myself in the morning lying next to Natalie. And, I cheated Babe. I’m so sorry and I can’t believe I did this crap to you! You’re my world, and I think it all just burnt down.” He said, he was gasping for air through his tears.
“I love you.. But obviously not enough. I hope you know it kills me. This kills me. Your killing me, and the knife is in my back. I can’t believe I even introduced you to her! She’s my friend, and you’re my boyfriend. Not her boyfriend. This ring, was it a lie? It says forever. And, maybe, just maybe. Forever can be forever, but I guess, it just takes two amazing people. Does that mean I’ll never find it? Because, I was sure I’d find it with you. But I guess that’s not going to happen, huh? Don’t call me babe anymore. Don’t call me Hun, or Sweetheart, don’t try this crap right now. No, don’t even talk to me anymore. You can have this all back. Everything back. I don’t want it, and I don’t want you.” I remember shouting and crying at the same time.

To think, that was only a few days back. I turned my car around, and went back to the mall. I walked to the Kay’s jewelry store. To find my necklace sitting there. Charles had bought me that necklace when I was crying because Chris had just died. The necklace was to tell me he’d never leave me. After seeing the necklace, I figured that was enough pain. That was too much for me. I went back to my car, and drove. I kept driving. Driving and driving. I didn’t dare to turn around.

I passed over a bridge, when I got an idea in mind. I swerved the steering wheel, and traveled off the bridge. After this, I think I’m going to need two band-aids. One to cover my body’s marks, cuts and scraps from this accident. Another to cover the slit in my heart, from where Charles hurt me so badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I put a lot of effort into this chapter.

Tell me what you think.

-YumYumSteph:]]