Her HeartNecklace is broken

Picking Myself Above it, Above you.

She’s been my best friend, since forever. And I intended forever to mean what the dictionary says."
CHRISTINA’S POV.

Standing in the hospital cafeteria was so terrifying. I felt so alone, and I felt so empty without Wednesday. I know she’s not going to be okay, but my personality is optimistic, so I have to pretend I’m okay. I have to pretend to have hope. I look around, at the people in wheel chairs. I look around, and see death in every corner of this place. A crying little girl is also in my view. She’s looking around, as if she’s confused. She reminds me of myself. When I was little, I practically lived in the hospital. Constantly sick, and being the clumsy self, broken bones.

I walked up to the little cry, and got on my knees.
“Hey Hun. What’s wrong?” I asked, trying not to scare her off, but doing my best to comfort her.
“My mommy! She’s not coming back daddy said. He said, that she was sick and the doctor promised they’d fix her. But they didn’t and my daddy said, that they couldn’t help her no mores.” the little girl, also wearing a hospital gown, looked at me. Her eyes were so big, and it was almost unbearable looking at her so upset.
“I’m so sorry. What’s your name?” I asked, trying not to cry myself. She reminded me of me. She reminded me of Wednesday. Wednesday cried, so much when her dad died. I remember, seeing the pain in her face. Every time she spoke about it, you just knew since that day she hasn’t been the same. No matter how much she pretends, and says she’s okay, not knowing your dad, really killed her inside.

“My name’s Victoria.” She said, she was only about six or seven years old. Maybe younger.
“Why are you wearing a gown, darling? Shouldn’t you be sleeping, too? It’d probably help if you got some sleep, babe.” I replied.
“We got in a car accident. I was in the backseat with my daddy, cause we were going to see Pop-Pop. And the road was black, and we didn’t see it. And mommy was broken, and daddy and I were okay, but now we’re not cause mommy isn’t here. I miss her so much!” she cried even harder this time.
“Where’s your room? I’ll come with you, and you can go to bed. My name’s Christina.” I said.
I took the little girl to her room and comforted her until she fell asleep. Her father came in the room, and stared at me as I was about to walk out. I walked down the hallway, to the cafeteria to finally get something to eat.

“Hey. You.” I heard a man’s voice, and turned my head.
“Uh, yes?” I asked. I don’t know him.
“You were just with my daughter, who are you?” He asked. I replied with my name, and said I was just comforting her until she fell asleep. I told him about Wednesday.
“Oh, I see. I’m Jake.” He replied to my long explanation. “I’m sorry about your friend.”
I had a conversation with Jake for a little while. All these distractions helped me calm down more and more. I finally went back to Wednesday’s room. She lay motionless, she hadn’t moved since I last saw her. Charles was in the chair next to her, with tears in his eyes.

“Look, Charles. I’m sorry about before. I just, I can’t bare a day without Wednesday. She’s been my best friend, since forever. And I intended forever to mean what the dictionary says. I cry when she’s not looking, so she won’t have to feel my pain. I smile when she’s around, so she’ll smile back. I laugh when she’s there, so she can laugh and relieve stress. And I miss her smile, and her laugh. I miss her happy, and everything she was. I miss it all so much and it’s like I can’t even picture my life without her.” I busted into tears that I was holding back for so long.
“I know you love her, and I love her too. I can’t hurt her anymore, cause I’ve cheated on her. And she walked out on me for it. I saw the pain that she was hiding, and I saw the pain you were hiding. The pain you both tried denying. But can you say it wasn’t there? You were hurt when she was hurt. I hurt her. It leads to me. I’m sorry.” Charles said, he hasn’t stopped crying.

I looked in Charles’s eyes. It’s pain that he’s hiding, and fear that he’s fighting. I can say that my heart is aching with pain, but I can’t say his isn’t. He’s fighting back the pain of love. He loves her, and I do too. He fears she’s going and he’s holding it all back, but why?

“Why are you fighting it? Why are you?” I asked.
“I feel like it’s all going wrong. Like one minute, it was perfect and she was in my arms. The next, she’s off a bridge and I’m racing to the hospital. I felt like something was going wrong the minute I smiled at Natalie. I felt so paranoid because things were going great, still. I felt so happy that I felt like I shouldn’t be. I felt like, I was happy and if I was so happy, I’d be letting myself get hurt. I’d be setting myself up for hurt. In case she’d leave me.” Charles said, looking at me whole heartedly.

I looked over at Wednesday. I felt so much pain, and it felt as if my whole world is just crashing down completely. I couldn’t stop crying, and it was like a storm. It was like pouring rain. I couldn’t take out that fake smile. Not anymore.

“I can’t. I just can’t take this. So much has been building up inside and I’ve been lying all along. I’ve been faking a smile, and lying like it didn’t even hurt. I’ve been faking so much and finally, I’m going to show who I am.” I walked out of the door.
I found my way to an A.A. meeting.

“Hi. My name’s Christina, and my dad’s an alcoholic.” I said, they all stared, as if I wasn’t suppose to be there. “I know, this is for people who have an alcohol problem. And, I know I don’t seem like I have one. I do. My problem lies within my father, the one who’s raised me along with my mother. He’s the one who has the physical problem, I’m the one who has the family problem involving it. And, I need help.”

I stared into the blackness that seemed to surround me, as reality set in. I saw faces that I didn’t know, and tears ran down my face. I felt a warm arm, reach around me and set itself on my shoulder. I looked over, and saw an amazing boy. Maybe a year older than me.

“My name’s Ryan, I have an alcohol problem.” I looked at him, his face so bright. He was so warm, and his smile was so amazing.

“I started drinking when I was 13, and when my parents split I drank more and more. Now, I want to stop.” I smiled at him, and we both sat down. The meeting began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so. I wrote this when me and my boyfriend broke up and I guess I may have gotten a bit confused on what I was writing. Tell me what you think. :D

-LoserlyLovableSteph ;D