Her HeartNecklace is broken

Love Should'nt Have A Past Tense

“Love. She’s still alive, and even if she’s dead I’ll always love her. So don’t say loved, that’s past tense and that’s something I don’t want to hear.”

CHRISTINA’S POV.

I walked up the stair case at the hospital. I saw Ryan standing there, at the bottom of the stair case and my heart was racing like a bullet. I wanted to point myself out, but was scared at how I’d present myself if I did that. I didn’t want to look like a six-year old who had to pee.

Suddenly, the blood in my veins was rushing like crazy, and I could feel myself slowly beginning to sweat. I saw my boyfriend standing at the top of the stairs. I didn’t know what to do, as I looked both ways. Oh, too late, Hunter spotted me. I smiled in his direction and walked towards him.

He had roses in his pale white hands. His long brown hair that went passed his chin was tucked behind his ear. He was wearing his slipknot shirt, and some blue jeans with rips in them. He smiled a bright smile at me.

“Hey Hunter.” I said, smiling back trying to sound happy. I wasn’t happy.
“Hey Christina, sweetheart. I’ve missed you so much lately. I even got you flowers.” He said, handing the flowers to me. I smiled again, and hoped he was okay.
“Yeah, well since Wednesday got sick I’ve spent some time here, and there. My life’s changed. And I decided I’d go to cyber school so I could finish schooling here at the hospital with Wednesday. They said, if she wakes up she can’t leave here for a long time so I want to stay with her. And, between changing all my school stuff, and spending time here, I’ve been out places. Ya’know me.” I said, using Wednesday’s adorable accent. She always had a bit of a country accent, but she’s lived here all her life. It’s one of the only things that make me feel so close to her again. I twitched at that feeling, and my smile lightened. I could tell Hunter noticed it, by the way his eyes stared into mine.
“I’m so sorry. I might have hated Wednesday but I’d never wish this for her.” He said. “I know you loved her.”
I corrected him immediately, “Love. She’s still alive, and even if she’s dead I’ll always love her. So don’t say loved, that’s past tense and that’s something I don’t want to hear.”

I hurt his feelings with this, I could see how much pain he felt.
“I’ll miss you in school, baby. It’s going to be hell without you there, or Charles. I got along with that boy.” He said, trying to make me smile.
“I didn’t.” I said, plainly. This was the first time I was mean for no reason. I didn’t know what was happening, or what I was saying.
“He’s cyber schooling too, ya’know. He told me, on the internet.” Hunter replied to me.
“I don’t care. He was a jerk to Wednesday. I miss being his friend, and being able to see him and everything, but it’s painful to even look at the reason why she’s in that bed. Never the less, I can’t blame him for cyber schooling. I doubt anyone wants to look at that boy.” I quickly said, being completely honest. A part of me wished he wouldn’t hear that, but I hoped he would. We sat down at the cafeteria table.

I smiled a little, the silence wasn’t comforting anymore. It was awkward. I guess things have changed. I could still hear Ryan’s voice. Then Hunter started to talk about Natalie.

“Look,” I said “I think we need a change. A little time to think, and I know you like Natalie, so take a chance with her. Let her know how much she’s really ruined mine, Charles’s and Wednesday’s life. Let her know that even though she’s had a part in all of this, she doesn’t need to visit. I think you can do better than her, but if she’s what you want, take the risk and just fall. It’ll be worth while if she’s the one. Anyhow, I think it’s time we walk different ways and be glad things are ending on better terms. I’m sorry. I can’t say I love you, because I don’t want to lead you on.” I saw Ryan in the distance. I got up, walked over to Ryan. I hugged Ryan, and glanced over his shoulder, to see Hunter staring, as a tear slowly fell down his face. He licked his lips, smiled a fake smile, and turned away. I walked down the hallway with Ryan by my side.

I saw Ryan’s shirt, and blood was all over it.

“What’s that?” I said, freaked out. I hesitated before saying anything. My whole body overcame with fear, and I could sense he was uncomfortable. He didn’t even glance down.
“It’s blood. I fell in it, there was a whole thing of blood over there. Someone needed it but it spilled. No worries, I’ll get cleaned up real soon.”
I knew it wasn’t true. He was lying. I backed up, and said “Liar.”
He shoved me into the wall, and pushed me out the door quickly. We were outside the hospital by the time we went down the stairs.
“Look here. You tell anyone this, and I will chop off your own fingers, pick your nose with them and then slap you with your disgusting detached fingers. And, then I will rip you piece by piece, and leave no trace you were even alive.” He said, and I could feel the anger. He wasn’t kidding.
“Oh, oh my God. Okay.” I said, crying a little.
“I killed Wednesday’s mom. That woman didn’t even care about her daughter. It annoyed me and my temper ruled me. I didn’t mean to, but it happened. You tell anyone, and I will leave no trace.” He said.
“Oh my God. Okay, I swear.” I replied. I was literally scared to death, at the point where I forgot where I was. He shoved me back inside, and we went to Wednesday’s room as if nothing happened. I saw Wednesday, still laying there. I overcame with tears, and fell to the floor. Ryan grabbed me, and pulled me close to him.
I didn’t know the voice of a killer would be so soothing to me. “It’s okay, babe. It’s okay.” He repeated over and over again.

The saying, that tells you not to leave the one you love for who you like, must be correct. I should have listened. Instead, I’m with Ryan, a murderer; and Hunter’s alone. This world’s screwed up.

Wednesday is dying in the hospital bed next to me because she wanted to kill herself.
Charles is in love with Wednesday but he cheated, which is the reason why Wednesday attempted suicide.
Ryan killed Wednesday’s mom for not caring about her daughter.
Ryan’s an alcoholic, and so is my dad.
I lost my boyfriend, for a murderer.
I dropped out of school, to be with my best friend who might not even wake up.
I can’t believe what’s happening.

This is my life. This is Wednesday’s life. Charles’s life. Ryan’s life. Everyone’s life, including Natalie, even if she doesn’t realize it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Every 18 minutes, someone dies from suicide, and every 43 seconds somene attempts one.

-Goodbye's shouldn't be forever.-
Steph xoxo