Status: Completed

Totally Unexpected

Totally Unexpected

Silence enveloped the room as I waited for Aiden to arrive. Though I slightly felt uncomfortable in my formal attire, the black, silver sequenced dress I wore appeared nothing short of beautiful. I looked at the platinum shoes I wore and sighed dreamily; Aiden had bought me these. A swift knock on the door signified Aiden’s arrival. I jumped up from the sofa and ran to the door, almost twisting my ankle from my abrupt movement. My hand reached for the knob and flung the door open to reveal my love.

“Hey. I brought you these.” he handed me flowers.

“Oh, these are beautiful. Let me go put these in a vase and I’ll be right back.” I left to submerge the magnificent flowers in a vase I had previously filled with water; I just knew he’d bring me flowers. I hurriedly walked back to the door and kissed Aiden heavily as a way to express my everlasting gratitude of his sweetness.

“Let’s go, love.” I said, taking his hand and allowed myself to be led to the car. He took me around the passenger side and opened the door for me, letting me to maneuver inside, and shut the door closed. A few moments later, his door opened and he appeared next to me, closed the door and started the engine. He overlapped my hand with his and leaned over the extra compartment to press his lips to mine.

At this moment, I knew I could not be more infatuated with Aiden. He pulled away and begun to drive forward. I secretly peered at him from the corner of my eye and admired his features. Shaggy, uncut, jet-black hair fell over his bright green eyes, sparing his perfect chin. His slender hands slid over the steering wheel as we turned and his mall frame leaned to the side. No more than four minutes later, we had finally arrived at out destination, a beautiful, expensive-looking, fancy restaurant whose name I could not pronounce. We exited the car and made our way to the restaurant’s entrance.

“Reservation under Evans.” Aiden said to the person who greeted the guest behind the podium.

“Oh, yes, sir. Right this way, Mr. and Mrs. Evans.” He led us to a table as I looked over to Aiden, cocking an eyebrow at the ‘Mrs. Evans’ comment; we weren’t even married… yet. Aiden only shrugged and pulled a chair out for me, nodding in appreciation to the greeter for his service. He sat across from me and our eyes locked, sending violent surges of butterflies free throughout my body. I didn’t know how he could still have such an effect on me even after the decade I’ve known him for. A smile spread across his face as he poured champagne into the two glasses that had been place on either side of the red candle that adorned the table.

“To us.” he lifted his glass above the table and over to me.

“To us.” I repeated, clinging my glass with his. This truly was on of the best nights of my life, I was sure of my feelings for Aiden.

We finished eating and chatting about an hour later, finally leaving the lovely place and walking to the car. Just as I was reaching for the handle of the car, he stopped me and spun me around so that I may face him. He said nothing, but lowered himself to one knee. I gasped and covered my mouth with me hands. Was this actually happening?

“Raiden Love Amery, I’ve loved you ever since I laid eyes on you. You were, and still are, the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I love the way you look when you’re angry, the way you say my name, the way you express your passion, the way you call me ‘love’. I know for a fact that I am very fortunate to have you in my life and that you decided to choose me over all the other guys that wanted you. So, anyways, Raiden, would you marry me?”

His eyes were as pure as water, as sincere as roses, and hopefully shinning in the dime light. I vigorously shook me head ‘yes’, how could I ever say no? He slipped a gorgeous but simple diamond ring on my finger before standing to his full height. I hugged him tightly and swayed from side to side. Out lips subconsciously met as my back touched the car, Aiden smiling like he always did. I stopped him just as people emerged from the restaurant.

“We’ll finish this later, okay, love?” He merely nodded and once again opened the door so that I can get in and went to his side. The car quietly moved into reverse and forward again in the direction of Aiden’s house. The silence that filled the car was not the least bit odd, but rather soothing. Aiden’s hand found mine and our fingers entwined into one. I closed my eyes feeling peaceful and mellow until the inside of my eyelids became a vibrant red. My eyes opened just in time to see the car that was coming rapidly towards us, headlights brighter than the Sun.

Aiden quickly turned to me, his eyes looking worried. “I love you.” he whispered. Our cars collided before I had the chance to reply, and I knew there was no way we would escape this tragedy alive. The last thing my eyes captured was the handsome face of my love. Now, I would die satisfied with my life, for I had found Aiden. I only hoped he knew I love him back equally.