The *** of Johnny Ramone and Other Stories

The Court Hearing.

One Month Later.
Frank’s POV.
“Gerard Way, we have evidence that can convict you of the murder of Johnny Ramone, Ray Toro, Adam Lazzara and the attempted murder of Detective Frank Iero as well as your brother Michael Way’s murder. What do you plea?”
This couldn’t be happening. Not today. Not ever. One month ago I had taken that stupid risk to bring Gerard into my office. Bob was simply astounded to find out that I was in love with my attacker. But here we were, sitting in a court room, awaiting the conviction of my lover. Gerard looked sombre and stared, unblinking, at the judge and the jury.
“I plea not guilty, but what is your evidence?” He asked coolly. Even now he wasn’t giving up without a fight. The judge eyed him suspiciously.
“Very well, Mr Way, we will recount the details of the evidence,” The Judge said finally in a grave voice. He shuffled some files around and found the right one, holding it up so he could see it with his small, beady eyes.
“We have found your fingerprints on the dustbin bag that concealed your brother’s severed remains,” He said, holding up the file complete with a photograph.
“And…?” Gerard was toying with the Judge’s patience, something I had told him not to do.
The Judge gave him a stern look but carried on.
“We have also found the gun that was used to kill Ray Toro in your house raid. The bullets inside it matched the one that was found in Ray Toro’s chest on the post-mortem autopsy.” Gerard had gone chalk white. He was staring blankly at the judge, shaking his head in disbelief. “We also found the knife you used to kill Johnny Ramone and the blood of Adam Lazzara in your house. Also, we have a statement from Detective Frank Iero who states --”
“That’s a lie!” I shouted. “That is an absolute lie!”
“But Mr Bob Bryer has clearly stated here that he saw you with Mr Way talking about your attempted murder in St George‘s Hospital, surely this means --”
It had become too much for Gerard; he covered his ears and began to scream, like a child having a tantrum. I tried to run to his aid, but two policemen had already seized me and held me back.
“Gerard Way, I hereby convict you of four murders and an attempted murder. You shall have life imprisonment and you will be…”
I couldn’t hear the rest of the Judge’s pompous speech over Gerard’s screams and the blood thumping in my ears.
I would never see Gerard free again
We could never be together…

Eventually Gerard’s screams died away as security was called and he was taken away. I sat on the floor, alone. I thought I heard Bob talking to me, saying my name, but shock had overwhelmed my body and he sounded distant, unimportant. The last person closed the door on the courtroom, me still inside it, leaving so my world could collapse.
Goodbye Gerard Way
I still love you…


NOT the end yet.
:]