The *** of Johnny Ramone and Other Stories

The Collision.

“No news on the Ramone Case?” Asked Matt, the night guard.
“None so far, Matt,” Frank replied.
“Well, good night and good luck,” Matt said, tipping his hat to him. Frank gave him a little wave and walked out of the police station. It was a few days after the murder and Frank was virtually living in his office. He yawned widely and walked down the almost silent road. He saw a shortcut down an alleyway that would take 10 minutes off his journey back home. Just do it, it’ll save time, Frank told himself. He suddenly remembered Johnny Ramone. He shuddered. He must have been thinking that he was shaving time off his journey by walking down that alleyway but got more than he bargained for when… You know what I’m talking about. Frank walked briskly away from the alleyway. He walked a little too briskly and collided with another man in a long black coat and dark clothes.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” Frank mumbled. The figure said nothing but looked at him. Frank looked at this stranger closely. Hadn’t he seen this man before somewhere? He thought hard. Of course! He had seen this man everywhere. He saw him on the way to work that morning and every other morning those last few days, in the same café at lunch time everyday, and looking at him through the window while he was working… He could admit that he felt intimidated by this man. The two people stared at each other for a few seconds before out of the corner of Frank’s eye he saw something glinting from the pocket of the other person.
“C-could I see what’s in your pocket, sir?” Frank stuttered.
Beneath the darkness of the man’s hooded face, Frank could see two cat-like eyes, glinting madly at him. The man swiftly ran away from Frank and down the alleyway where the darkness engulfed him. Frank decided to report this the next day as he already felt weak with fear. He walked down the street as quickly as he could, avoiding every alleyway on the way there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out for the
NEXT CHAPTER.
Rachel convinced me to put it up.
THXX.
It's gonna get well gory...