The *** of Johnny Ramone and Other Stories

It's Getting Closer...

“Wow. Another murder in only a few days,” Bob said, astounded. But Frank wasn’t really listening. He had some kind of feeling that he knew it was going to happen, like in a dream or something. No, it must have been more than just a dream. It felt real. This murder was even more horrific than the last. The murder was so horrendous the crime scene experts couldn’t identify the body.
“C’mon, it’s our lunch break now,” Bob said. Frank nodded at him and followed him to their local pub; The Victoria Arms. As soon as they were inside the pub, they heard a cheery shout from the other side of the pub. It was Ray Toro; fellow detective and Frank’s best friend.
“How are you guys doing, then?” He asked, clapping Frank on the back.
“Not too good. Yet another murder,” Frank said sorrowfully.
“Yeah, I heard about it. Hey, I’ll get this round in,” Ray said, departing from the table. Bob had already got a pint of beer and was sitting next to Frank with it.
“These murders are getting way too hard to investigate,” He said.
“Yeah, you’re right.”
Ray put their drinks on the table when he remembered something.
“Shit, guys. I gotta be somewhere,” He ran out of the pub before Bob and Frank could say goodbye. Frank watched Ray jog along the street and out of sight. Something made him keep staring out of the window though. He was there again. The man at the alleyway, he was back. Suddenly it clicked; That man was Jack the Ripper.
“Bob, I’ve got to leave,” He told Bob.
“But you haven’t finished your drink yet,” He replied calmly.
“I have to leave now!” Frank shouted and ran as fast as he could out of the pub and down the street. He pushed past everyone in the street. He had lost him. There was a scream and a gunshot. Frank ran to the other side of the street as fast as he could and saw the black figure run down the street. But Frank couldn’t run after him; There was someone in need of help. He ran to the alleyway…
“Oh no,” He whispered. It was Ray who had been shot. He was breathing heavily like the man.
“There’s no time,” Ray winced in pain as he spoke.
“I’ll just go find someone…” Frank turned to run back to the pub.
“No, there’s no time, just stay with me. And the murderer left something for you,” Ray opened up his shirt to reveal some sort of sick message carved into his skin.
You’re next, bastard.
Frank felt shivers run down his spin and made his stomach lurch. Frank could feel like the prey of an animal; Helpless and vulnerable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But who else will die in this horrific catostrophe...

GO CMNT.