Another Heart Calls

To Forgive

“I can’t believe that you and Marty haven’t talked everything out yet!” Meredith cried to Charlotte.

“And I can’t believe that you and Patrick aren’t back together,” Charlotte told her as they continued looking around the shoe store.

“I thought you were pissed about what Patrick did to me. I mean that’s the whole reason that you and Marty are fighting,” Meredith pointed out as she took a shoe off of the rack to examine it closer.

“First of all, I am pissed that Patrick slept with Janelle. But, you said that he wants to get back together with you. I know that you love him and he loves you, so why not give it another shot? And, Marty and I are fighting about a lot of things, not just you and Patrick,” Charlotte added.

“You just said that if Patrick loves me and I love him then we should give it another shot. Doesn’t that same logic apply to you and Marty?” Meredith questioned.

Charlotte was at a loss for words, and Meredith said, “Come on, Char. This has gone on for too long. Go talk to him already!”

“Fine!” Charlotte relented. “I’ll talk to him, just after I find a nice pair of shoes,” she added with a smile, to which Meredith rolled her eyes.

Later that night, Charlotte stood outside of the apartment she shared with Marty. She hadn’t stayed there since the phone call a few weeks ago, and she wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do. Was she supposed to knock? Just walk in? She wasn’t sure, but her mind was made up for her five seconds later when the door opened in front of her.

Marty stood there looking at his fiancée. “What are you doing here?” he asked, the question coming out more harshly than he intended.

“I…I’m…I’m sorry,” Charlotte stuttered as she began to turn around and leave.

“Charlotte, wait!” Marty called out, and Charlotte turned back around. “I didn’t mean for it to sound like that. Come in.”

“Okay,” Charlotte said quietly as she walked into the familiar apartment and took a seat on the couch. She turned around to see Marty shut the door behind him and follow Charlotte to the couch.

“What are you doing here?” Marty repeated in a much nicer tone this time.

“We need to talk,” Charlotte replied. “I’m sorry,” she added quickly.

Marty, who had had his head hanging down, immediately looked up at her, and Charlotte continued. “I’m sorry I got so angry at you. I know this was all Patrick and Meredith’s problem, and I let it become ours. And, I’m sorry that I thought that you cheated on me. I should have known better. I know that you would never do that, but I just got this idea in my head, and I let it take over. And, I’m sorry…”

“Charlotte,” Marty interrupted her, knowing she could probably use a breath right now. “I forgive you,” he said with a smile. “And, I’m sorry, too. I never should have said that it was okay of Patrick to sleep with Janelle. There was no reason for me to say that. It wasn’t right. Charlotte, I love you, and I just want this fighting to end.”

“Me too,” Charlotte said with a smile. “I love you so much,” she told him, leaning over and kissing him passionately.

“I love you, too,” he said briefly disconnecting from her lips, as he lifted her up into his arms and carried her back to their bedroom.

The following day, Charlotte was over at Meredith's apartment while she was grading papers. “So, you look happy,” Meredith commented.

“I do, don’t I?” Charlotte said.

“Did you and Marty finally talk it out?” Meredith asked as she corrected an answer on one of the papers. Charlotte simply nodded her head with a smile on her face. “You did more than talk it out, didn’t you?” Meredith asked.

Charlotte once again nodded her head. “It was amazing!”

“Make-up sex always is,” Meredith laughed.

“So, when are you and Patrick going to have some?” Charlotte asked.

“Probably not for a while,” Meredith told her.

“Come on, Mer. You know you love him,” Charlotte said.

“Yes, I love him,” Meredith admitted. “But I don’t trust him, at least not right now.”

“Mer, he knows he made a mistake. You’re going to have to forgive him eventually.”

“I know. And I want to, I really do. I just can’t. Not right now,” she explained.

“Okay,” Charlotte sighed. “I’m letting this go for now.”

“Thanks,” Meredith smiled.

The following day, Charlotte sat in the boys’ locker room after practice waiting on Marty. Patrick walked over and saw her sitting there. “Hey,” he smiled. “It’s great to see you back in here.”

“Yeah,” Charlotte said. “It’s great to be back in here.”

“I’m glad you and Marty worked everything out,” Patrick told her. “Especially since it was basically my fault.”

“It wasn’t your fault. And it doesn’t matter anyways. Marty and I are happy together, and now you need to focus on getting back with Meredith,” Charlotte told him.

Patrick gave her a quizzical look. “You actually want me to get back with Meredith?” he questioned. “I thought you hated me for what I did.”

“Patrick, I don’t hate you,” Charlotte reassured him. “And, yes, I think you were an idiot for what you did, but I know that you love Meredith, and she loves you. You two belong together,” she told him.

“Then what can I do?” Patrick asked. “I mean she says I need to earn her trust back, but I don’t know how to do that.”

“Well, first of all, you need to stay the hell away from Janelle,” she said smiling. “And just do some little things to let Meredith know that you love her. Don’t push her too much, though. But, basically, the number one thing is to stay the hell away from Janelle.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not planning on going anywhere near Janelle ever again,” he told her as he saw Marty walk up behind Charlotte and grab his shirt out of his locker. “Thanks, Charlotte.”

“What are you thanking Char for?” Marty asked.

“I gave him some advice on Meredith,” Charlotte answered for him as she turned around to look at Marty.

“Oh,” he said. “Well, are you ready to go home?”

“Yep,” Charlotte said with a smile as she grabbed Marty’s hand. “I’ll see you later, Patrick, and good luck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter jumps around so much, but hopefully you enjoyed it!

Let me know what you think!!