Another Heart Calls

I Know

Charlotte sat at the restaurant, trying to figure out the best way for her to confront Janelle. Should she do it privately or should she have it be in a public area? Her mind was made up when she saw Janelle coming through the front entrance. Charlotte knew that she needed to confront her right now.

She walked over to her table and sat down across from her. Janelle scowled, and asked, “What do you want?”

“I know,” Charlotte smiled.

“You know what?”

“I know the truth,” she answered, and when Janelle just stared at her, she expounded. “I know you’re not really pregnant. You never were. That sonogram, it was fake. It was from one of your friends. You’re only doing this to try to get to Patrick. Well, guess what. That’s not going to happen because I know the truth.”

“You can’t prove anything,” Janelle smirked. “For all anyone else knows, I’m still pregnant.”

“And what about a few months from now when you’re supposed to be having the baby?”

“I’ll just miraculously have a miscarriage.”

“You’re a heartless bitch,” Charlotte told her. “And, you better believe I am telling everyone what you just said. You will never get Patrick,” she added, standing up.

“Patrick’ll never believe you.”

“Just wait and see,” Charlotte said, walking back towards her table.

“You bitch!”Janelle called, standing up and walking towards Charlotte. When she didn’t slow down, Janelle shoved her, trying to get her to turn back around.

Janelle shoved her too hard and watched as Charlotte lost her balance, crashed her head into a table, and slumped to the floor.

Everyone in the restaurant turned to look at the two girls, and one of the waiters ran over to Charlotte, who was lying unconscious on the floor. “Call 911,” he yelled to someone in the back.

Five minutes later, Charlotte was being transported to the hospital in the back of an ambulance, still unconscious with her head bleeding.

*************************************************************************************
“Is she okay?” Marty asked urgently when he found Meredith at the hospital. He and Patrick had flown back early when they had gotten the call about Charlotte.

Meredith turned around to look at Marty. “They haven’t told me anything yet,” she told him. “All I know is that she’s still unconscious,” she added as Patrick wrapped his arms around her.

“What happened anyways?” Patrick asked.

“They told me that she fell at a restaurant. She apparently hit her head on one of the tables, and now she’s unconscious,” Meredith told them.

All of a sudden, they heard Janelle talking. Meredith looked around, trying to figure out where her voice was coming from. They finally realized she was back inside the waiting room. “Yeah, the bitch somehow figured out that I lied about being pregnant. She said she was going to tell Patrick, and I pushed her. She ended up hitting her head. But, I’m not too worried. The doctor said she’s unconscious, so it’s not like she could tell Patrick anyways,” they heard her say.

Everyone’s eyes went wide as they realized that everything Charlotte had been telling them was true. They listened as Janelle continued. “Hopefully the bitch never wakes up!” she said laughing.

Marty couldn’t stand it anymore, and he stormed over to her. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” he yelled at Janelle, and Meredith and Patrick followed, watching him. “My fiancée is in there unconscious, and you’re saying that you never want her to wake up?” he screamed.

“Marty,” Meredith said, trying to get him to calm down. “Let’s just go,” she said, grabbing a hold of his arm and trying to pull him in the opposite direction.

“This is all your fault!” Marty screamed, ignoring Meredith. “You’re the reason she’s in here right now. And if anything happens and she doesn’t wake up…” Marty began before suddenly stopping. “You deserve everything that’s going to happen to you.”

“Marty,” Meredith called again, and he walked with her out of the waiting room.

Meredith turned around to look at Patrick. “I’m actually going to talk to Janelle,” Patrick told her, and Meredith nodded, continuing walking with Marty.

“Why couldn’t I just listen when she told me that Janelle was lying?” Marty asked, tears forming in his eyes. “Then, maybe she wouldn’t have said anything to Janelle.”

“Marty, this isn’t your fault. This is all Janelle’s,” Meredith told him.

“Meredith, I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her,” he said, trying to hold back the tears.

Meredith didn’t know what to do to make Marty feel better. His fiancée was in the hospital, and they didn’t know if she was going to be okay or not.

“There are so many things I wish I could go back and redo with Charlotte,” Marty told her.

“Like what?” Meredith asked quietly.

“Like when I first met her, I wish I would have asked her out faster,” he said. Meredith laughed as she remembered how long it had taken Marty to first ask Charlotte out. When he first met her, he had told Patrick and Meredith about how much he liked her. Yet, it took him two months for him to even ask her out on a date.

“I remember that first date,” Meredith smiled. “She was so excited. I think she was completely in love with you before she ever even went out with you. She used to always say that she fell in love with you the first time she heard you talk. That accent made her melt.”

“And, I probably would have proposed differently,” Marty told her.

“What?” Meredith cried. “Charlotte loved how you proposed! In fact, we were talking about that just a little while ago. She was telling Patrick that if he needed advice on how to propose to me that he should talk to you,” she said with a small laugh.

“I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky to get her, why she didn’t choose someone else. She could have done so much better than me,” Marty said.

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Meredith told him. “Charlotte loves you more than anything in the world. She was lost when you two had that fight and were separated. Marty, she loves you.”

Marty looked over at Meredith. “I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her,” he said, the tears once again forming in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad chapter, I know.

Oh, and this chapter is for Georgii, who requested that I put it up :)

And, there's only a few more chapters left, so let me know what you think!