Unexpected Places

The bitchy, snippy chapter

It was exactly a month later when I saw William Beckett again. He was lounging with his bare feet on the coffee table with a note pad in hand, scribbling furiously. His hair was tousled and he was just wearing flannel pajama bottoms. It was 4am.

I bounced from one foot to another as I threw my house keys on the coffee table next to his feet. He still feels like a stranger, even though Gabe and Sonny are practically his BFFs now. I know nothing about him, whenever I'm home he isn't and whenever he is I'm not and/or asleep.

I sighed as I fiddled with my dark blonde hair, what's a good opening line here? I barely know the guy ..but that doesn't mean I don't want to! If my other halves love him so much I don't doubt I will too, I just...literally met him twice.

Will glanced up from his plain brown notebook to meet my eye, giving me a wary smile. "Hey there." He broke the silence, tossing his pen to the side and straightening his back a little.

I glanced around the dark house restlessly, my lip caught firmly between my lips. Our home was cluttered and messy and... it fit our bohemian lifestyle. I could hear music drifting out of the master bedroom, our room, and knew that meant Sonny was fast asleep--she has some class in the morning. Gabe was probably out partying. I shifted feet, "Hi." I looked around again before finally letting my gaze focus on the boy in front of me. "You eat?"

I took a moment to enjoy the sound of his light chuckling, memorizing the look of his smile. I love my relationship but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate my new (well, not so new, now) roommates outer appearance. And, god. His chuckle is adorable. "Do I eat ever? Yes, I do."

A roll of the eyes was justified after that comment, I think. "Well do you want to go eat now?"

He paused, glancing at his paper before back up at me, "With you?" He clarified, like it was really needed. I gave him an annoyed look before he smiled a little, "Yeah, I was hoping to get the chance to get to know you anyways."

The walk in the windy city to some all night diner not unlike the Waffle House was short and pretty much silent, to be completely honest. He wore a black v-neck (one that he informed me hasn't been washed in two weeks and "sorry if it stinks", aren't boys charming?) and the same blue flannel pants with boots that look insane without skinny jeans to accompany them. I wore my Ghostbusters shirt with skin tight stretchy pant legging things that almost makes me look naked...and converse. We look insane, a little.

We were seated by the window, allowing us to watch the people walk by and get on with their lives. Ever feel like life is passing you by? "I hear you work so much to help put Sonny through college." I snapped my head in his direction, surprised by the disturbance in the silence that had previously swallowed us whole.

I nodded, flipping open my menu. "She would do the same thing for me if I had any ambitions. It's why Gabe works so much too." I watched as a smile spread across his beautiful face and couldn't help smile in return.

"That's really nice of you, y'know.. I don't know many people who would even consider doing something so nice for me." He spoke awkwardly, telling me he wasn't comfortable around me yet, just as I am not comfortable around him.

I tilted my head and smiled softly, "Well I know two people who would. You've seriously charmed Son and Gabriel, what kind of voodoo magic do you use?" The waitress, a middle aged chunky woman with too much bright red lipstick came for our order at that moment, looking rather bored. "Oh..can I, um. Pancakes and bacon and hash browns?"

Her name tag said Ruth and she smacked her gum, "If you get another breakfast food it turns into a slam."

In return I simply raised an eyebrow, "And why do I want a slam? Just fucking give me pancakes, bacon and hash browns. ...Please." I could tell William was stuck between feeling sorry for the waitress and laughing at how aggravated I can get. The sounds of The Flaming Lips lifted through the air a second later, "Now take his order while I take this call."

I stood from the booth and walked to the corner of the restaurant before flipping open my phone, "Alex, baby." Gabe spoke into the phone; I could practically smell the beer from here. "You at home?" When Gabe gets a little tipsy we like to mess around. I mean, we do other times too...but he gets frisky when he's tipsy.

"No, William and I went out to eat." I glanced over my shoulder at the lanky boy in the booth. He sat, hunched over a paper napkin writing something. "We're at Mimi's diner. But I'll see you at home, kay?"

"I'll be right there, baby girl!"

I wrinkled up my nose in distaste, "Where? If you go home now I won't be there." I hope I'm not this annoying when I'm smashed.

There was a few second pause before I heard giggling and a reply, "the diner, I'm bringing friends, bye!!"

Fatal flaw: telling him where we were eating. I groaned at the dead line and stuffed my phone in my pocket, making my way over to William. "So, Gabe and a bunch of his drunk friends are coming here. I'm sorry."

He looked up, a small smile on his face. I didn't bother to try to restrain myself from tucking the hair that fell in his eyes behind his ear. His smiled widened at that, "So much for getting to know each other."

With a roll of the eyes I nodded, standing and sitting on his side of the booth. "This way we can still talk. And if they get annoying we can ditch."

William stared down at me, just. Staring. "I'm so used to being around shy girls. I don't know why but all through high school I only dated shy girls, or were friends with them."

I tilted my head, staring back, "I could see that, you have a face shy people would love. Are you calling my obnoxious behavior a breath of fresh air?"

"Very much so. You're..." His gaze switched just above my shoulder, "Hey Gabanti."

I turned in my seat and smiled wide, wrapping my hand around his arm and putting him down to sit next to me, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "I haven't see you in so long."

His face was familiar and wonderful...and God, I missed him. "Hey babe." He spoke, catching me in a quick kiss. "You and Billiam getting along?"

I nodded vagariously, "He's a cool cat. But seriously, how long has it been since we've seen each other?"

He tilted his head, obviously thinking. "The day you quit the strip club." I visibly tensed, causing him to lean over and kiss my jaw softly, "You aren't still mad at me, are you?"

I know, strip clubs are for whores. Blah blah blah. It made brilliant money and it went right to Sonnys college. The job as a waitress that I have now doesn't even make half that. "What happened?" William asked, leaning towards the table so he could see both of us.

"Gabe beat someone up and I didn't QUIT I was fired." I shot a look at him before sighed, "No, I'm not mad."

"Yes you are."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are!!" I looked up at the new voice to see one Brendon Urie. I almost forgot Gabe said he brought friends. I looked around to see Victoria Asher, Tom Conrad, Pete Wentz and Ryan Ross laughing over something as they walked to our table.

My smile widened, scowling in Tom's direction. You know how weird it is that your boyfriend and ex boyfriend hang out? So weird. "Hey Bren," I smiled, leaning over Gabe to hug him. It only occurred to me that by doing so I pretty much had my ass in Williams face after I did it.

"Whoa, how come I never got that treatment when we were dating?" Tom asked, gesturing to William. Who looked like he had no idea what to do.

"Because you're no William Beckett." I leaned towards William and hoped it looked at least a little seductive. I ended up laughing anyways.

"Hey now." Gabe frowned, gently grabbed me and putting me in his lap. "Mine."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm only yours until Sonny is around." And my heart wrenched at that because I know it's true and he might never admit it but it's the truth.

"Someone's extra bitchy tonight." Gabe murmured, causing me to frown and cross my arms.

"Gabe." Pete spoke, now sitting across from us, in his warning tone. Pete looks at me like a little sister, he's one of the few people I know would still love me if Gabe, Sonny and I broke up. "Maybe she would be happier if you treated her how she deserves."

"Guys," Vicky-T broke in, "Can we not? We're supposed to be having a good time." I got off Gabes lap and back into my seat, not meeting his eyes. "You're William, right? I'm Victoria."

I'd almost forgotten William was there. He smiled lightly, "It's nice to meet you...all." Ryan was seated in Brendons lap, though he didn't look happy about it, Pete was sitting in the middle and directly across from me and Victoria was next to him. Tom pulled up a chair and sat at the head of the table.

Victoria told him everyones names and I mostly tuned it out, now in a negative mood. I don't think anyone noticed besides Gabe and Pete anyways. I felt someone nudge my side, causing me to turn my head towards William.

He leaned in, his lips almost brushing my ear which totally did NOT make me shiver. "Wanna go for a walk?"

My eyes glanced around everyone on the table before landing on Pete, who was giving me an annoying knowing smile. "William and I are ditching. Later, call me Peter." I paused, eying Gabe, "See you at home."

Before he could get a word out I climbed over him and go out of the booth while William jumped over the back of the booth to get out and we basically made a run for it.

The windy night was waiting for us and we were meeting it's expectations.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the ending of this one sucks but I didn't want to write the second part of their talking in this chapter but didn't know how to end it. So it sucks.
I don't know if I like this story.
I also don't know where it's going so if you have suggestions I would love them.
Comments make my year...