We Can Shine Like the Sun

VI

“Travis from We the Kings asked us to hang out with him tonight,” Tadem said as the girls were in their bus lounge....lounging.

“Cool,” Harlee said.

“Are we going to?” Holly asked.

“I guess so,” Avara shrugged. She was sitting on the floor next to Tadem, who realised she wasn’t very into going.

“I heard some of the FTSK boys might be going,” She said, nudging Avara in the side.

“And...?” Avara asked, suddenly interested but acting otherwise. Tadem got up and pulled Avara up with her, pushing her towards the bunks.

“Just go put something hot on.” Avara rolled her eyes and changed out of her skinny jeans and shirt into another pair of skinny jeans and another shirt before walking back into the lounge.

“Avara,” Holly scolded, looking at how little she had changed.

“Were going to hang out with a bunch of guys on a bus, were not going clubbing,” Harlee said in Avara’s defence.

“Besides, if a certain someone can’t handle me in my skinnies, im not interested,” Avara smiled.

“She’s got a point,” Harlee said to Tadem and Holly. Tadem sighed in defeat and the girls said goodbye to Travis, the merch guy, and Jake before heading to the WTK’s bus.

“Tadem,” Travis grinned when he opened the bus door, “Come in.” The girls followed him to the back lounge where the rest of We the kings were, along with Forever the Sickest Kids.

“It’s...crowded...in here,” Avara said when they walked in. She caught sight of Caleb Turman and they smiled at each other.

“Maybe you should stop wasting space having eye sex with Caleb and do it in a bunk instead,” Tadem giggled quietly.

“Tadem you asshat!” Avara yelled, slapping Tadem on the arm.

“Did you just say asshat?” asked Austin.

“Yes she just said asshat,” answered Harlee.

“You Australians have some really weird swear words,” noticed Kyle.

Avara looked up again to see Caleb still smiling at her.

“Bunks are that way Avara,” Tadem said, jabbing a finger behind her.

“Tadem!” Avara yelled again.

“What the hell are you girls talking about?” asked a dumbstruck Travis.

“Shh,” said Austin, staring at the girls like it was Jerry Springer, “I want to hear what she calls her next.”

“I agree with Avara,” said Caleb suddenly getting up.

“About what? Tadem being an asshat?” Avara asked furrowing her brow.

“No,” he laughed, “That it’s crowded in here.”

“That conversation ended ages ago Caleb,” informed Jonathan.

“Which you might have noticed if you weren’t too busy staring at a certain Australian girl,” laughed Kent.

“I know right!” yelled Tadem, “Virtual high five,” she added, holding her hand in a high five position in the air, where Kent virtually high fived her.

“I’m leaving,” Avara said suddenly, wanting to avoid any further awkwardness.

“I’m coming!” called Caleb.

“No,” Holly said suddenly as the two went to leave the bus, “I don’t want my girl to be out all alone with the fire crutch!” At that point Harlee lost it laughing.

“You make it sound like he has STD’s,” she said.

“He probably does,” Holly nodded, “And I believe the correct term is now STI’s.”

“But STD’s sounds cooler,” Harlee argued.

“Oh my god,” Avara sighed, slapping her hand to her forehead, “I’m leaving before they start arguing about sexually transmitted diseases,” she said, opening the bus door.

“INFECTIONS!” Holly screamed after her.

“Whatever!” she called back, stepping off the bus, just in time to hear some say “You can’t spell STUD without STD”

“That was interesting,” Caleb said, causing Avara to jump out of her skin.

“Oh my god, I didn’t see you there,” she said, holding her hand over heart rapidly beating heart.

“Sorry,” he chuckled.

“So what now?” Avara asked.

“We could go back to my bus, no one’s there and we have guitar hero,” Caleb suggested. Before Avara could reply, she saw Jack from All Time Low run past, this time accompanied by a muffin. He stopped in front of them and looked around, though apparently not seeing them.

“What are you doing Jack?” Avara asked. Jack jumped out of his skin and stared at his muffin.

“Did you just say something?” He asked it. Avara and Caleb burst out laughing.

“It was me loser,” Avara giggled. Jack’s eyes snapped up.

“Oh, I didn’t see you there,” he said.

“Apparently so,” Avara laughed.

“Don’t tell Zack I stole his muffin okay,” he said before running off. Avara turned to Caleb.

“How come every time I see him, he’s stolen some poor unsuspecting victim’s food?” She asked.

“I feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t expect that from Jack,” he replied.

The two of them laughed it off and headed to the FTSK bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha

asshat

comment : )