We Can Shine Like the Sun

IX

Avara woke up the next morning to a light shining in her eyes.

“Jonathan, piss off,” she grumbled, shielding her eyes and curling into Caleb more.

“No, we need you to wake up Kyle, we’re scared that he’s naked,” Jonathan said.

“Why me?” She asked.

“Because Harlee is asleep with Kent and Tadem is asleep with Austin and Holly is in there with Kyle and I like annoying you,” he rambled. Avara groaned.

“Caleb,” she whined, “Make him go away.”

“Jonathan go away,” Caleb mumbled.

“Later fire crutch I'm busy,” he snapped.

“Doing what? Waking me up?” Avara whined.

“Yes,” he said, “Please Avara.”

“Fine,” she sighed, “I’ll help you.” She took out her phone and messaged Holly.

Wake your lover boy up. His skinny white friend is annoying me.

“There,” she said, “Now go away.” She leaned over Caleb and pulled the bunk curtain shut before going back to sleep.

Holly felt her phone buzz which made her groan and push her face closer to Kyle’s neck, Kyle groaned and pulled her closer to him by pulling her waist. The phone vibrated between her stomach and Kyle’s right side.

“You gonna answer that Holly?” Kyle mumbled, keeping his eyes closed and licking his top lip to get rid of the dryness he apparently felt.

“Kill it now...” She muttered, moving a little bit so she could reach her hand down to get it. After picking it up, she read through it. “Someone wants me to wake you up,” she sighed. Kyle chuckled softly, pulling her closer still.

“I'm tired, and I'm not getting up ‘til later.” Holly pressed the reply button and typed in a message to Avara.

Tell the ‘skinny white friend’ to shove it up his ‘skinny white ass’ or he'll loose a face, me and Kyle are sleeping!

After hitting send, Holly threw the phone down to their feet and rolled over so she was facing the wall. Kyle’s arm was still around her, so he pulled her to him and nestled his head in her mess of hair and ending with a sigh.

“More sleep dear blondie, more sleep, secure your curtain!” Holly whispered, grabbing one of Kyle’s big hands with one of her much smaller hands. She entwined her fingers through his, and closed her eyes. If the ‘skinny white friend’ tried to wake them up again, someone was definitely going to lose a face. As much as Holly tried to get to sleep, she couldn’t, she could only think about the Fact that Kyle Burns’ face was buried in her hair, his arms were wrapped around her waist, their fingers were entwined and his naked chest was up against the almost nakedness of her back, where her shirt had ridden up.

“Holly, stop moving and go back to sleep,” Kyle whined. Holly sighed, she just couldn’t fall asleep.

“You sleep Kyle, I'm just going to lie here, I’ll wake you up later,” she assured him with a small sigh. Holly felt Kyle nod, so she closed her eyes and continued thinking. She thought about almost everything that was going on in her life at the current time. Alex Gaskarth and his awkward crush on her? She thought of Jack Barakat and his weird love for talking with anything that was edible. She even thought of the crush beginning to grow inside of her heart, the crush of the tall, skinny, blonde boy laying behind her.

Avara was woken from her half asleep state by her phone and read the message.

“Jonathan,” she called with a hoarse voice. She heard Caleb groan next to her. “Sorry,” she whispered to him.

“Its 'kay,” he whispered back, pulling her close to him.

“Yo,” said Jonathan, sticking his head inside Caleb’s bunk.

“Holly said if you try and wake them up, you’ll lose a face,” Avara told him.

“Fair enough,” he sighed.

“Now go away, I'm sleeping,” she said. Jonathan laughed.

“Kay, I’ll see you later,” he said before shutting the curtain.

“Sometimes, I want to stab him in the face,” Caleb muttered. Avara closed her eyes and curled up against the side of his body.

“Why?” she asked.

“Cuz he’s annoying.” Caleb said. Avara groaned as she heard the bunk curtain open again.

“What now,” she snapped

“If you two want to be alone, then go do it on your bus, All Time Low are coming,” Marc explained.

“What!” Avara heard Holly yell.

“This is the part I hate about tour,” Caleb mumbled, “You never get any sleep.”

“Let’s just go on my bus,” Avara suggested.

“Kay,” he said, “But I’m not getting dressed.”

“Lazy butt!” Avara laughed. Caleb rolled out of his bunk and dragged Avara out with him. He took her hand and dragged her through the bus and out the door. Avara was stumbling everywhere; she was never very coordinated in the morning. “Piggyback me,” she said. Caleb laughed at her but stopped nonetheless. He helped her climb on his back and then started toward the Kill Barbie bus. Avara rested her chin on his shoulder so that their cheeks were touching. Avara could feel herself blushing but was too tired to care.

They arrived at Avara’s bus and Caleb asked her what her bus code was. She told him and he punched it in, letting them both on the bus. After they closed the doors of the bus, they opened once again. This time, it was Holly dragging Kyle along behind her. Avara gave her a look. Holly mumbled something that sounded like 'Alex' followed by a lot of inappropriate words.

“Figures, she’d have left if All Time Low were going on your bus Caleb,” Avara told Caleb with a laugh. She led him to her bunk and pulled him in after her, where he immediately wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

After ten minutes of tossing and turning, Avara let out a frustrated sound.

“God dam effing Jonathan. Now I can’t bloody sleep.” Caleb chuckled from beside her.

“Me either,” he said. Avara crawled over him and started getting clothes out of her draw, so that she could go get changed for the day.

“Why don’t we just go back on your bus and see the boys?” She suggested as she got changed.

“DON'T TELL THEM I'M HERE!” Holly screamed.

Meanwhile, on Forever the Sickest Kids’ bus, Alex was asking Tadem where Holly was.

“She sleeping with Kyle on our bus,” Tadem replied. Alex looked defeated.

“Oh.” He said.

“Oh, I don’t mean sexually, there actually just sleeping,” Tadem said, covering her mouth to hide a giggle. Suddenly, she looked up, “Oh my gosh! I have to go see Travis!” She got up, and left the bus through the door. The next thing Alex knew, Caleb and Avara burst through the bus door.

“Hey, your back,” Jonathan grinned at Avara.

“Indeed,” she grinned back at him, “Did you miss me in the ten minutes I was gone?”

“Duh,” Jonathan replied rolling his eyes.

“Oh. Hi Alex,” she frowned. “Holly’s not here, she with Kyle.”

“So I’ve heard,” he snapped. It was obvious they didn’t like each other.

“Awkward,” Jonathan sung, rocking backwards on his heels.

“I’m hungry,” Avara said randomly.

“Me too,” Jonathan agreed.

“Let’s go get food,” Avara suggested.

“Yes,” Jonathan grinned. Alex raised his eyebrow at the two of them as they walked off the bus.

“They totally love each other,” he declared with a smirk. Caleb sat down on a couch with scowl.

“No they don’t!” He said. Alex looked over at him and grinned, giving him a knowing smile.

“So what’s the deal with you and Alex?” Jonathan asked as he and Avara walked towards the catering tent.

“Ugh,” she said, “I hate him.”

“Why?” Jonathan asked.

“Because he’s like stalking Holly.” She said.

“Maybe he likes her,” Jonathan shrugged.

“Or maybe he just wants to sex her,” Avara said, “But she doesn’t like him anyway, he just can’t take a hint.”

“How do you know she doesn’t like him? Has she said something?” Jonathan asked.

“She likes Kyle,” she said, and then covered her mouth, “But I don’t think I should have told you that.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell him,” Jonathan chuckled before Avara felt her phone vibrating in her back pocket.

“Hang on a second,” she said, “My ass is vibrating.”

“What!” Jonathan said. She laughed and brought her phone out.

“Yo?” She said.

WHO TOLD GASKARTH I WAS SLEEPING WITH KYLE?” Holly screamed. Avara jumped and almost dropped her phone. “He just came onto our bus, ours, Kill Barbies tour bus, yelling about a party somewhere... I hate parties, it was you who told him wasn-“

“Holly, calm down, wait, what? He was on our bus?”

“Yes, inviting me to someone’s party!” Avara’s eyes widened, he actually seemed to be stalking her.


“Want me to kick his butt for you?”

“... Yes, please do. Anyway, I'm going over to We The Kings’ bus to do some vocals on the new song Trav wrote, I won’t have my phone so if you need me, call our Travis, bye Vara.” Avara was about to reply, but Holly had already hung up her phone.


“Why was she yelling?” Jonathan asked Avara after she’d shoved her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

“She found out that I told Alex she was sleeping with Kyle... In non-sexual ways of course... Or is it? Ooooooh!”

“You’re so weird Avara.” Avara laughed.

“Oh look, catering!”

- † -


Holly climbed over the sleeping body of Kyle and smiled down at him, she really did like him as more than a friend, bus she was never any good at sharing feelings, unless she was sharing the with Harlee, Avara or Tadem... And Travis.

She sighed and found some clothes to change into before heading to the bathroom to change into said clothes. When she came back, Kyle was climbing out of her bunk.

"What did Alex want?" He asked sleepily. She got up on her tippie toes to ruffle his hair.

"Inviting me to a party, cus he's weird," she informed him.

"Oh," Kyle frowned, "Are you going to go with him?"

"I might," Holly decided, scratching her head, "Not with him though." She watched as his frown turned into a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments :)