There's Just Too Much That Time Cannot Erase

Chapter 15

The guys went onstage and I got my camera before they started Jack The Ripper, since it was Halloween they were doing mostly Halloween themed songs.

Before they went on Gerard had told me not to come onstage until the middle of the song, odd but I agreed.

And I know a place
Where no one is likely to pass
Oh, you don't care if it's late
And you don't care if you're lost
And oh, you look so tired
(But tonight you presume too much)
Too much, too much
And if it's the last
Thing I ever do
I'M GONNA GET YOU


He signaled for me to come onstage and I did so, the crowd going wild when they saw my costume. At first I just waved and started the filming like I usually did, but Gee had something else in mind.

Crash into my arms
I WANT YOU
You don't agree
But you don't refuse
I know you


He gestured for me to come closer and I knew what he was doing. I set down the camera and went along with it. I cirled around him a few times and he followed while singing. Towards the ending of the song he opened his arms and I smiled.

Crash into my arms
I WANT YOU
You don't agree
But you don't refuse
I know you
Oh..


I fell into his arms and acted like I was dead, closing my eyes dramatically.

"Thanks for playing along," he whispered into my ear when the crowd gave a roaring applause.

"No problem babe," I said smiling. I went to stand up but he didn't let go. "Gee, let me go please."

He still didn't and I rolled my eyes before moving my face to his neck. I think everyone gasped when I opened my mouth and 'bit' him, leaving smeared lipstick as well, Gerard just smiled and let me go.

"Silly boy," I said shaking my head as I went to go get the camera again.

By the end of 'The End' Gerard was acting a little weirder than usual, instead of singing to the crowd like he was before, he was singing to me.

...I say save me!
(Get me the hell out of here!)
Save me!
(Too young to die and I dare)
You can't...
(If you can hear me, just walk away)
...Save me!


I gasped when he got down on one knee and took my hand in his, using the other to hold the mic as he looked up at me.

"Ames, I know we've only known each other for about a month now but will you do me the honor of saving me by being my girlfriend?" he said, eyes looking into mine.

I nodded and fell into his arms when he stood, tears of happiness streaming down my face.

The crowd applauded once more and Gerard wrapped an arm around my waist before we walked offstage and Frank grabbed the camera for me.

Later That Night

We lie in Gerard's bunk, and I was again lying on his chest, still in my costume because I was wiped out from the concert.

"You know you look adorable in that costume?" he said after a few minutes of silence.

"Why thank you but these teeth are getting on my nerves," I said as I took out my fake vampire teeth and set them down.

Gerard chuckled and kissed my lips softly (I'd wiped off the lipstick), I layed my head back down and buried my face in his neck, falling asleep as he began humming Helena softly, thoughts of tonight floating through my head before dreams overcame me.