There's Just Too Much That Time Cannot Erase

Chapter 43

Gerard's P.O.V.

"Did you hear something?" Derek asked me.

"Sounded like Angel, her hooves have a pretty distinct sound," Jeph said. "Can you see anything Ray?"

"A little, hand me the flashlight?" Ray said and I threw it to him.

"Geez, what's with the brightness?!" we heard Quinn say from the other side of the 'wall'.

"Thought we-where the hell is Amy?!" Ray asked and all of our eyes went wide.

"She was here a minute ago! Matt, did you see anything?" Bob asked him.

"I don't think so, we were all talking and she just vanished," Matt said worriedly.

"I told you knuckleheads to watch her!" Brian snapped.

"You did?"

"What the?" Travis said.

Bob reached his hand down and I smirked when he pulled Amy up so she could get back on Angel, she'd been walking beside her the whole time, we just couldn't see her. Their plan worked as we had slowed down and they sped up, putting them in the lead toward the end of the maze.

"They tricked us!" Bert said in shock.

"More importantly, Amy tricked us! And they knew we'd slow down, damn, I take that back, you two should've been on the same team," Ray said as we all sped up.

"You say that now Ray," I said shaking my head and laughing when Flame seemed to nod.

Amy's P.O.V.

"Well now we're ahead," I said.

"Something wrong Amy?" Frank asked.

"Sonny, I kind of lied to you earlier."

"About what?" he asked.

"When you asked me if there was anything creepy out here at night, truth is I really don't know. I think I was about ten or eleven when Robbie, Carrie, Laurie and I spent a month over here, one night I went out riding, alone. I'd snuck out while everyone else was asleep so I knew no one would come after me. But then I heard something behind me, it followed me all the way into the woods and when I looked back, there was nothing there," I said gulping, fear sending shivers down my spine.

"You're fine Ames, don't worry," Bob said giving me a one-armed hug.

"I'm afraid you're mistaken, everything is not fine."

My jaw dropped as I looked back, why had just the sight of seeing him bring back all of those memories from the first time I came here with Carrie? And seeing him now made me even more afraid.