There's Just Too Much That Time Cannot Erase

Chapter 64

A Week Later: Amy's P.O.V.

"How're you feeling Ames?" Jenni asked as I woke up, a smile coming to my face at what was happening today, the guys were finally coming home.

"Better than yesterday," I nodded as I sat up, looking down at my stomach. "Geez, I just get fatter everyday."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?"

Both Jenni and I jumped a foot in the air after we heard an all too familar voice, how the....

Walking into the room was not only Gerard, but Ray right beside him, both with wide smiles on their faces before we heard the excited screams of Kelly, Courtney and Laurie.

"How the heck did you guys get in here?!" Jenni asked smiling as Ray wrapped his arms around her and smiled down at her, Gerard plopping down beside me on the bed with an arm around my waist.

"Well our flight was delayed this morning and since we didn't want to get here a day off schedule, the airlines gave us the first available flight which was last night at 11, Gerard had a key and Brian dropped us off," Ray explained. "But now, we're all going to leave the lovebirds alone for a bit and meet up later."

Jenni and Ray soon left the room, the door closing behind them.

"I can't believe you guys are here," I said smiling, a few tears welling up in my eyes.

"One month was enough to torture me, another day would've been murder," Gerard smiled as he held me, my head against his chest and a few tears spilling against my will.

"I missed you so much Gee," I sniffed, that empty feeling quickly disappearing and the emotional stress replacing it, that was my least favorite of all of this.

"But I'm here now Ames, shh," he whispered in my ear as he gently rocked me. "Believe me, I missed you too, so much."

It didn't seem real at all that he was here now, holding me again and telling me that everything was okay, but while he was back, I knew that things might get only harder for me; but at least he'd be there to help me make it through.

That Night

"I never knew how empty the house could feel without Layka sleeping in the corner," I mumbled randomly, opening my laptop to show Gerard the pictures of Layka's two pups.

"Well you emailing me to tell me how adorable they are and that I'd have to wait until I came home to see them would make someone quite anxious, but I have to agree," Gerard said kissing my cheek as he rested his head on my shoulder and looked down at the loading screen, the email from Robbie finally opening.

"The girl is on the left, she has Layka's coloring, and their eyes are supposed to open soon," I said as I scrolled down to the attatched pictures.

"Oh my god, she does! Did they ever find out who the father was?" he asked looking up at me.

Besides Layka who had been at Robbie's for a few weeks, my older brother had two male wolves, Snow and Romeo. Both were about the same age and half brothers with different mothers. Snow had inherited their father's gray blue eyes, although he'd lost sight in one eye after getting into a fight with a stray cat. Snow got his name from his pure white fur, Romeo being pitch black with striking green eyes and a sweet personality.

"I don't know, more than likely it was Snow because Layka would always ignore Romeo, but the little boy's darker, look," I said as I waved the mouse over Layka's second pup. His fur was indeed lighter than his sister's gray, he currently had salt and pepper coloring, but even then, that could change as he aged.

"I'm thinking Romeo got lucky," Gerard said, making me slap his arm playfully. "So right about now they're following Layka everywhere she goes?"

"Around the time their eyes and ears start working they'll start exploring the outside world of the bedroom, so that's when their personalities will earn them their names," I nodded. "Though I bet you Robbie's nicknamed the boy Runt."

The male was considerably smaller than his sister, he was at a healthy size for a pup, but the boys were usually bigger. He was definately a mystery so far.

"He probably has," Gerard laughed as I shut down the laptop and placed it back in it's spot on the nightstand. "You know one thing that I've been aching to do ever since I left though?"

"No, what?" I asked curiously as I looked down at him.

"This," he said simply as he leaned up and captured my lips in his, making me smile at how careful he was being of my stomach as he pulled me closer and ran his hands through my hair. "God I love you," he smiled as he pulled away breathless.

"Good to know Gee," I laughed as I curled up beside him, burying my face into his neck. "But I'm tired."

"Alright," he chuckled as he reached an arm over me and turned out the lamp, lulling me to sleep as he whispered Helena in my ear.

So long and goodnight....