There's Just Too Much That Time Cannot Erase

Chapter 7

Amy's P.O.V.

I pulled away from Gerard when I heard my computer beeped, meaning I'd just got an IM.

"What's wrong Amy?" Gerard asked as I hurriedly opened my laptop. I scrolled up to my new messages and stared wide eyed at my new message from Laurie.

Fallen_Angel: He did it Ames, he came home drunk and beat me, I don't know what to do
Hope_Forgotten: Laurie, where are you?!
Fallen_Angel: Bathroom, he's beating on the door and screaming, Amy I'm so scared.
Hope_Forgotten: Laurie please tell me you grabbed the phone
Fallen_Angel: I forgot it and I think I'm about to pass out Amy

"Oh my fucking god," I mumbled to myself as I stared at the computer screen. Gerard looked over my shoulder and his eyes widened when he saw the message.

Hope_Forgotten: Laurie, I want you to message Cassie, tell her to get Mark over there asap, he'll help you okay?
Fallen_Angel: I'll try Ames

Fallen_Angel has gone offline.


Silent tears started streaming down my face and I didn't even realize it until Gerard held me in his arms, rocking me back and forth.

"It'll be okay Amy, Laurie'll be fine," he said softly as he stroked my hair.

"It's all my fault, I was supposed to be there for her, I was supposed to make sure she never got hurt Gerard, he beat her all because of me," I said as more tears streamed down my face.

"Shh, Amy, it's okay, calm down," Gerard said rubbing my back, trying to stop my constant flow of tears.
______________________________________________________

Back at Laurie's

Mark had soon showed up after Cassie got an IM from Laurie, he found Alex passed out in the couple's room and immediately went to the bathroom where Laurie had told Cassie she was.

"Laurie?" Mark asked softly as he knocked on the bathroom door. He heard a faint reply and the door unlocked, he opened it only to reveal a very pale Laurie.

"What'd he do to you Lauren?" Mark asked softly as he kneeled down next to his sister-in-law.

"He....he came home drunk..and..s..lap..ped me, then he started..kicking me," she said looking up at him, her voice choked with tears. He gently helped her up and helped her pack some things in a duffel bag before they snuck out of the house without waking the now half-sober Alex. Hopefully things would get better for the youngest of the Lee's....
______________________________________________________________

Later that night: Gerard's P.O.V.

Amy soon fell asleep with her head buried in my chest, she hadn't stopped crying until a few minutes ago, and that was after she had to take a few deep breaths. Layka was lying on the floor across from the bed looking at me, at times I wondered how Amy went to sleep with a dog like Layka, if I didn't know she was tame I would've freaked out by now, her eyes glowed in the dark like some monster you'd read about in a book.

Amy's notebook was still lying aside on the bed, I'd seen her writing in it earlier, and I made a note to mentally slap myself after carefully lying Amy down and picking up the notebook before walking back over to my bed.

I turned on the desk light next to my bed and skimmed the first page with my eyes, these must be lyrics, and they were pretty good, Amy never said anything about singing though. This first one was really good though, and at the top of the page 'Bring Me To Life' was written, the song beginning under it.

How can you see into my eyes like open doors
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul (without)
My spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back....home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life

(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch,
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

(All this time I can't believe I couldn't see)
(Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me)
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
(Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul)
Don't let me die here
(There must be something more!)
Bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life

(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside!)
Bring me to life.


All I could do was stare at the page, I never thought someone like Amy could write something so powerful, you could actually feel the emotion behind the words, still I felt bad for looking through her stuff, but what could one more song hurt?