Status: Finished!

I Know I'm Not The One You Call When You Are Alone

Reception. First Day.

It was my first day at school, I remember that day very vividly. I stood in line outside the building, clinging onto my mum for dear life. I hated her for leaving me that morning but as soon as I set foot into that classroom, all of that was forgotten. I was making new friends, meeting teachers, writing my name with coloured crayons, really just prove it could be done at the age of 4. I was having a surprisingly good time.

I’d become friends with Leanne Cartwright, Stacey Smith and Jennifer Carney. They were all a few months younger than me, but all very friendly kids. I instantly knew I wouldn’t mind coming back to this place tomorrow. As the day went on, I played in the sand box at break time, had an afternoon nap, oh and told a young boy off for knocking into me. That was where I met the love of my life. In reception.

His name was Joshua, Joshua James Alphonse Franceschi to be exact, the most gorgeous little boy in all of existence. I couldn’t stay away from him.

“Sorry!” He shouted as I fell to the floor. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

“Thank you.” I said shyly.

“I’m Joshua.” He grinned at me.

“My name is Alexa.” I pulled him into a hug. What? I was a friendly kid.

From that moment on me & Joshua Franceschi had become the bestest friends ever.

I was very clumsy but he didn’t mind, he always picked me up if I fell, hugged me if I was sad and made me smile by telling me I was his best friend.

I remeber being in class one day, we were making clay pots. We had to shape them, then leave them to dry so we could decorate them. It seems a bit much to be doing in reception, but then I’m not the teacher.

To say mine was all odd and mishapen would be a bit of an understatement, it looked terrible.

Anyway, once mine was dry I went on to decorate it. There were multicolourd dots on it, swirls, lines, all sorts of decoration. Once again that had to be left to dry. We checked them again the next day and Mrs Gilbert, our teacher, told us we would be able to take them home that day, I was so happy that I could show my mum what I had been doing in school. I got a container to put it in so it wouldn’t break, I picked it up to put it in the box when it fell onto the floor, smashing into really tiny pieces.

I sat there and literally wailed, sobbing all over Josh. That was when he did one of the sweetest things anyone could have done at that point, he told me I could have his.

“ ‘Lexa, don’t cry-” He said “-you can have mine.” He handed me his pot. I put it straight into the container to keep it safe then gave the small boy a huge hug. Him doing that for me meant so much.

“Good boy Joshua.” Mrs Green said, praising my best friend. She placed a gold star sticker on his sweatshirt.

“Look Lexa.” He beamed, I couldn’t help but smile back.

"Thank you Josh." I said grinning and fluttering my eyelashes at him. Gosh I even flirted at the age of 4!

The end of the day soon came and my mum was there to pick me up.

"Mummy! Mummy! look at this." I showed her what was inside the container.

"Wow sweetie, thats lovely."

"Josh gave it to me, mine fell on the floor, so Josh said I could have his."

"Aww, isn't that cute. Where is Josh?"

"Over there." I said pointing him out to my mother. She walked me over to him and his mum. I showed her the container and our mothers got chatting and then my mum asked if Josh wanted to come to my house for dinner the next night. His mother said yes and we were both thrilled, now i could spend time with him outside of school too.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok first chapter of the story, it will go in sequence with the way the letter went so make sure you have read that first :)

Thanks.