Status: Finished!

I Know I'm Not The One You Call When You Are Alone

ILL. Best Friends.

"Lex, come on get up for school.” My mum tried.

“I feel really bad mum, my head is thumping and I feel like I’m going to throw up. I think I’ve got a bug.” I groaned. My mum pushed away my fringe that was plastered to my forehead with sweat, to feel my temperature.

“God Lex, you’re roasting. I think I should keep you off school. Do you want me to go and ring the doctor?”

I shook my head furiously

“Mum, you know I hate doctors.” I whined.

“I know, but in the state you are, I think you should get looked at.”

“Fine.”

My concerned mother left my bedroom and retrieved the phone from the living room.

“Oh yes hi, I was wondering if I could get an appointment for my daughter...Alexa Miller…yes...high fever and keep wanting to vomit frequently…as early as possible…that’s fine…thank you for your help…bye.”

“Doctor’s at 10.”

An hour and a half later there there was a knock on the front door. I completely forgot to let Josh know that I was ill and not to call this morning. Last thing I wanted him to see was, me looking like death.

I could hear my mum informing Josh of how I was when he asked if he could come up to see me. Next thing I heard was his faint footsteps up the carpet clad stairs.

“Lexi.” He whispered, rapping on my door.

“Come in.” he stepped round the door and entered.

“Oh baby.” He said sorrowfully. “How are you?”

“M’okay. Got the doctors at 10.”

“You want me to stay off with you?”

“No, I’m not letting miss schooll just because I’m ill.”

“I don’t mind you know, I could keep you company.”

“You could get ill Joshua.” He pouted. “No. I’m not being responsible for getting you ill.”

“Fine, but I’ll check on you after school then.”

“Kay, well have a good day babe.” I smiled weakly.

“See you later.” He waved as he left my bedroom.

I felt even worse, the feeling in my stomach was really bad, it hurt a lot. I don’t think the butterflies helped, yes I still get butterflies when I see my best friend, a little weird.

And hour and 10 minutes passed when I dragged myself out of bed for the third time (other time was to use the toilet for another reason we normally use it for), to get ready.

I threw on some clothes that was on my chair and went downstairs to brush my teeth.

When I was ready, I grabbed my jacket and me and my mum left the house.

“Ok, well it seems you have a 48 hour stomach bug. Nothing really to worry about, there is a lot of this going around at the moment. You should be better by thursday to go back to school. Any other concerns then come and see me.”

“Ok thanks doctor, bye.” My mum took the prescription from the doctors hand and led me out of his room.

Stopping by the front desk, she handed her card in and we left. We made a stop off to pic up my prescription medicine then went home.

“Now are sure it’s ok for me to leave you?”

“I’ll be fine honest, if I need you I will ring you.”

“Ok sweetie. Just let me know.”

My mother left and I nested onto the couch with my pajams and my duvet. I hated feeling ill, as much as school sucked, it wasn’t any worse than how I was feeling at present.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, half way through Sliding Doors, there was a knock on the front door. I ignored it thinking I was dreaming it, but the knocking continued. Groaning, I reluctantly got up and answered the person, pretty pissed. My mood changed when I realised it was Josh.

“Skiver.” I teased as I opened the front door. “How dare you interrupt my party.”

“As if, you haven’t got enough friends for a party.” He smirked.

“Urggh. You’re no fun.” I coughed.

I stepped aside as he entered the living room.

“What you doing here?” I asked him.

“Couldn’t concentrate in class knowing you were ill. Just let me look after you, that’s my job.” He tucked a strand of hair round my ear.

“Fine. I really am a pushover.”

"No. You're just a sucker for the Franceschi charm." He grinned.

We sat on the couch, watching the rest of Sliding Doors.

“Don’t sit too close to me.” I said pushing him away. “You’ll get ill you daft bugger.”

“I keep telling you, I don’t care.”

The film finished and we both went upstairs to my room and got into my bed, watching The Notebook.

“You big sappy girl.” He laughed.

“But.. Noah and Allie are so great together, I hate that she leaves him.”

“You do realise she is being forced to move by her parents.”

“I know but even still!”

Next minute he kissed my cheeck. Very unexpected.

“What was that for?” I smiled.

“No reason.”

“Silly dork.”

“Yeah yeah. I love you, you know.”

“I love you too Joshy.”

“You really are my best friend you know.”

“As you are mine.”

“You’ll be my best friend forever. No one can replace you ever. You’re my special girl.” He beamed.

“Josh & Lexi, best friends for eternity.”

We both fell asleep as Noah and Allie fell into a peaceful, never ending sleep on The Notebook.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3
I like the ending. But I hate the lie in Josh's words about best friends, as he doesn't stick to it.