Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Taking off.

"GOSH, THE PLANE IS LEAVING IN HALF AN HOUR! AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS APARTMENT WHO WANTS TO GO TO SPAIN AND MEET MY FRIGGIN' SISTER?" Angela screamed out from the place where she stood. It was close to 11 o'clock in the morning, and her father, Stephen, was brushing his teeth and her brother, Andrew, was standing in the kitchen looking for his snacks. She was feeling more and more nervous and thought that they were going to miss the flight.

"Calm down, darling" her father said, and tried to sound nice, but as a matter of fact he was kind of stressed out too. She mumbled something that no one could possibly hear, and went silent.

"Eureka!" she heard her brother scream. She figured out that he had found his precious snacks.

"May we go now?" she said a lot more calm at this point.

"Yeah, hey ho, let's go" her brother said in a loud voice, and he was clearly exaggerating.
She rolled her eyes and grinned.

"Dude" she said.

"Darling" he said back to her.

"OKAY, LET'S GO, KIDS!" their father yelled from the stairs.
The two teenagers ran down the stairs with their suitcases, and as you could imagine, they were really excited. One week in Spain on their summer holiday, wonderful.

Their sister, who was a lot older than the two teenagers, had met a Spanish man in the town in England where she lived at that time. They got together, and, whoops, a new member to the family was added. Now the happy family had moved to Spain, where they would live so the little boy could be raised in the best possible way.
She had never been happier.

Angela was standing at the airport. She hadn't been abroad since she was like... 10. Now she was 15, and going on 16 at December 10Th. She was about to be a big girl, but she considered herself already to be that. That was something her father and her had made clear after a ride home in the car, a cold evening in November 2004.
She hadn't yet realized that she was going to Spain to meet the little creature that she adored. He was the sweetest thing on the earth.

But... Angela was a teenage girl, and like every teenage girl she had someone to look up to. She often had times when she felt like nothing mattered, like she wasn't worth anything, and that nobody listened or cared. But you know what? She had someone after all. A man she knew she would never meet, a man she knew she would never know, a man she knew she would never be able to touch. But she didn't care. The only thing that mattered was that he was listening to her, and made her feel special with his lyrics. He was her God. Who was he?Well, we'll come to that later.

"DUDE, COME ON ANGELA!" Andrew screamed from a couple of meters away. She grinned and walked towards him. Her father was looking in a newspaper to make the time fly by, but now they had to board the flight.

She had almost forgotten how it felt to be on an airplane. Now she remembered that feeling. It was amazing. She sat down beside her brother, who was two years younger than herself, but you couldn't really tell, because the two of them looked to be in the same age. Not that Angela looked younger, but Andrew looked a lot older than he really was. Anyway, he didn't bother, he thought it was funny.

"Dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, dude, the plane is lifting soon" he said and bumped up and down in his chair.

"My God, you are annoying right now" she said with a smirk on her face.

"Noooooo, really?" he said in a sarcastic tone, that was the way he liked to sound. She just shook her head.

Their father was sitting in the seat in front of them, and it was just a matter of time when Angela and Andrew started to fight about the seat next to the window.

"Why can't you make a reasonable decision, like you sit next to the window half way each?" he said, still reading his newspapers.

"Because that's not the way it works between siblings, in this state of age" Angela said and tried to sound important.

"Really? Time's changed, I suppose. Me and my brother had no problems like that" he said.

"But after all, you and your brother didn't really take a flight that often, did you?" She asked.

"That's not the point" he said in an I-am-older-and-I-always-win-tone.

"Well duh" Andrew filled in.

The plane started to move, and Andrew got really excited. He had got the seat next to the window, so Angela was a bit whiny. As the plane started to lift, it all ended up with Andrew hitting Angela on the shoulder because he wanted to make her realize how cool it was.

"I GET IT, DUMB ASS!" she yelled, and came to realize that it wasn't the smartest thing to do, because she had got a lot of eyes on her now. She sank down in her seat and remained silent for a few minutes.