Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Is there a pool?

"Sweetie, you want something to eat?" Angela heard her sister say through a narrow opening in the door. Angela rubbed her temple slightly and met Iona's eyes.

"Are you gonna force some of Theo's father's jamón in me again?" she said painfully, pleading them not to do that to her. Iona just laughed; Angela clearly didn't enjoy the taste of the special Spanish ham.

"No, we're not gonna do that. Just remember to put on a face when Theo's father offers it to you" Iona answered, and saw her baby sister sign in relief, and nod. Without a sound she got of the bed, where she had been sitting reading a book she had borrowed from Theo called 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury, and was actually quite good. She joined her sister in the corridor, and discovered that Emanuel was sitting on Iona's arm, looking around him, searching for something to play with.

"Hi Emanuel, my little angel, how're you doing?" she asked with a childish voice and took his small hands in hers. His gorgeous smile was shown once again and made Angela's heart melt.

"I wanna marry him, Iona, please," she said and looked adoringly at her sister.

"I know that age is just a number, but I can't approve that, sorry love" Iona answered and laughed. Angela mumbled something that no one could hear, and followed her sister into the kitchen. No one was there. She sat down on a chair at one side of the small kitchen-table.

"Dad's not around, is he?" Angela asked Iona, knowing what answer she was going to get.

"No, he went out with that bike again. I don't know why, but I have the strangest feeling that he wants to get rid of something," Iona said, as she scratched the backside of her head.

"You don't say," Angela mumbled and made her a sandwich of the butter and cheese that Iona had put on the table before her. Iona poured up a glass of the Spanish milk and put in front of Angela.

"Thank you," Angela said, sounding like a baby, and feeling like it too. Her bigger sister had always been the one person that had been more loving than anyone else. The only sad thing was that the siblings didn't know each other as well as they would have liked to. They had started on that discussion a few times before, but it made them go into other subjects at the end of the talk as well.

"Oh, it's nothing," Iona said, sounding like a mother. Emanuel sat in his little chair and played with one of Stephens magazines about history. He probably would grow up to be very interested in that subject at school.

"I only wish that I knew what I was going to do for the rest of the day," Angela said sadly, and sighed. Iona thought for a moment, peaked at Emanuel and then at Angela.

"Well, we could always go to the public pool here in town," she said and shrugged her shoulders like she didn't care, but knew that Angela would fall for it.

"They've actually got a pool here?" Angela said and stared at Iona.

"Oh yeah, they've got one. But they're closing it around five I believe, so we could take a siesta and then be off."

Angela found that idea fantastic, and Andrew would probably too if she knew him correctly.

"The dude's gonna kill you, ya'know," Angela said and laughed. Iona raised an eyebrow and smiled after that. Andrew could be a little unpredictable at times. She shrugged again and put the milk back into the refrigerator where it belonged.

"I'll go tell him then," Angela said, finished her sandwich and walked towards Andrew's temporary room. Through the door she could hear Brian McFadden play a song on the stereo that Andrew had borrowed from Theo. She gave the wooden door a light knock and then entered the room without bothering for an answer.
The first thing that met her was the shriek from Andrew, though it was impossible to hear what he yelled. He calmed down and threw his pillow on her.

"Oh my God, I just had the scariest dream I've ever had. Someone knocked on my door, and came in, and it was this scary monster that was coming for me. And... wait a minute, it wasn't a dream," he rambled and made a satisfied grin, and pointed at her. She just shot a look of hatred at him, and threw the pillow back with strength.

"Shut up, dude" she said.

"Well, shut up you, darling" he replied.

"Ask me about what I'm here for."

"What are you here for?"

"Because I was going to tell you that Iona are taking us to the public pool after we had had our siesta." She made a satisfied expression her as well, and then left the room without checking her brothers reaction.
_

A door slammed in the house and it was clear that Stephen was back from his ride with the motorbike. Everything and everyone were tense, except Emanuel, who was still too young. He would probably be the one that solved all the problems in the world, but that's another story.

Angela didn't bother to check on her father, he could be a stubborn asshole sometime, and he had probably gone behind her back to the police, and if he had, hell would brake loose. He didn't bother to check on her as well. She was as stubborn as him.

Angela continued her reading, just waiting for Iona to come and tell her that they were going right at that moment. At last she heard a knock on the door and Iona said that she should change clothes, and then they would go. Angela took it easy when she got ready. She heard the outer door open and close, with no idea of who it could be. Someone knocked on her door, though. It was probably Theo's sister, and she was right. Theo's sister stuck in her head when the door had opened a bit.

"Should we fix it, Ángel?" she asked, and Angela knew she was talking about the bruises.

"Yes, we shall," Angela answered and sat down on the bed in her bikini top and bathing-trunks. The woman smiled and sat down beside Angela with her make up-kit. She worked on Angela's skin for about ten minutes and then told the girl that she was done. Angela looked at herself in the mirror and stated that it looked as good as it had done the day before.

"Thank you so much" Angela said, actually wanting to give her a hug, but she didn't dare to reach out for her.

"You are welcome," she said and stroked Angela's cheek lightly. "Should you not be going to the pool? Iona said something about that."

"Yeah, we're going now. Aren't you coming?" Angela's asked, hoping for a yes.

"I am sorry, but I am going to go with my mother to the shop when she gets here" she replied, and shook her head slightly. Angela nodded in understanding.

"Its fine, but we'll have to go now. I'll see you later, right?" Angela asked and got up from the bed where they'd been sitting the whole time. The woman nodded simply and smiled. She walked out of the room right after Angela.

Angela met her sister, her nephew and younger brother in the hall. They were all ready to go, and Andrew wasn't the one who had least energy for a visit to the pool.
_

Adrienne couldn't ask for anything other than this. She was with the man she'd loved for a large number of years, and that she would love until she died. The little extra thing was the environment they were in. The sun wasn't as hot as before, but it felt good on their skin. They'd been up on the castle's stone wall; too see a bit more of the old building. But they'd now found the perfect spot for them to sit and get all they wanted out of everything around them, and each other as well. Just besides a building that was separated from the rest of the castle, and in which a legend was written on stone about the Madonna. That was what Theo had told them at least.

"What should we do with this now?" Billie asked her as he stroked her bare arm gently, making her shiver, as he knew she would react.

"Should we enjoy life a little?" she replied and leaned closer to him where he sat on the small wall. He didn't respond to that, but leaned closer to her as well and kissed her on the lips and closed his eyes. One of those kisses that made her feel like it was going to be him and her forever and ever. When he pulled back she was still in trance, and it took her a few seconds to open her own eyes. When she did so she was faced with her husbands face just grinning at her.

"What?" she asked and looked sad, which made him just laugh.

"Twelve years, y'know," he said and played with a lock of her dreads. She got where he was going, and felt the same as him; safety.

"Let's not end the fun of it," she whispered in his ear and smiled cunningly. He didn't answer now either but gave her another kiss, giving her that feeling again.
The sun had started to go down a bit, and the air was starting to get a little bit cooler, though still hot. He wrapped her in his arms, him sitting on the wall, and she standing below him, looking at the sunset. What a nice picture it would have been.