Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Teenagers.

About an hour and a half later, the three siblings and the baby came home, not very wet anymore, because of the still kind of hot Spanish sun, but they were very exhausted. Angela's mind was set on laying down on the first bed she saw in the house, and that happened to be her father's. The fact that he was laying there too was another thing. She figured that she could only ignore the weird wall between them that had been built during a couple of hours. She lay down on her stomach beside him, only taking up one third of the bed. As she did so, her father opened one eye and glanced at her, ignoring the same fact she was as well.

"I see you three took a little trip," he said, after he had closed his eyes again, ratiating how tired he really was.

"And I heard you went on a little trip for yourself. Did you enjoy it?" Angela asked, resting her head on her arms, almost falling asleep.

"Mhm, you should rea--, you should really fo--, follow me someda--" He was lost. Angela heard her father's snoring and smiled to herself. The snoring wasn't hostile yet, but Angela took the opportunity to get a nap herself before she was going to make herself ready for the evening.
_

"Maybe we should be heading back?" Adrienne asked as she snapped back to reality for the umpteenth time during that trip to the castle. Billie Joe gave her a smirk, doing his own special giggle at her still dreamy face.

"I've lost you so many times under almost 2 hours now," he said and removed a dread from her face with two fingers of the hand that wasn't around her waist.

"Well, you're not making this easy for me, you scamp," she said and pushed his shoulder slightly.

"What the--? What do you mean by that? I haven't done anything."

"Coming here with your gorgeous green eyes, making me melt because of your smile, seducing me with kisses. It's killing me," she said teasingly.

"But you know you like it," he said, as teasingly as she had been. She didn't answer him in the beginning, just looked him in the eyes, searching for his thoughts.

"You damn know I do," she said at last. Both of his hands were put on her waist, creeping forwards to meet each other on her stomach. He rested his chin on her shoulder, feeling her relaxed body leaning back on his.

"How do you think Joey and Jake are holding up this week?" Billie Joe asked., having those moments on the days when he missed talking or playing with them.

"They're doing good as far as I know. I think Joey was getting a visit of a girl he met last summer. Good thing he's holding contacts, wh--"

"Wait, a girl? Oh my God, why haven't I met her? I think I should be a little updated too."

"She did actually meet you, must have slipped your mind, and I think something slipped hers too, because she had to sit down the second she saw you," Adrienne said and laughed, remembering the little brunette who had come over during some holiday, having no expectations of actually meeting a rock star. She hadn't really believed what Joey had been telling her, not that he'd been bragging anyway. Billie Joe laughed as well.

"Fuck, I remember. I think I was actually scared she had had a panic attack or something. But now I know who it is anyway, so I'll approve. He can be with her," he said. Adrienne glared over her shoulder at him.

"So my approval doesn't count?" she snapped, turning towards him with an irritated look on her face. It was clearly ironic.

"Well, n--, I mean, yes," he said, changing his mind after a quick slap on the cheek.

"Good thing for you," Adrienne warned, looking stubborn, with crossed arms. Billie planted a swift kiss on her cheek, like usually would do to break the possible tension.

"Thanks for keeping me on the ground," he whispered in her ear, making her shiver, which he was good at, if you hadn't figured that out already.

"Mmm, thanks for lifting me to heaven," Adrienne said with closed eyes, listening to her husbands calm breaths.

"Another half-hour, and then we're off, okay?"

"M'kay," she said, "follow me." She grabbed his wrist and led him towards one of the castles rooms, a little bit in the shadow.

"Where are we going?" he asked curiously.

"Let's play teenagers."
_

"Wake them up when the naptime ends," Angela heard someone singing, sitting beside the bed her and her father still were laying on. The sound that had been snoing earlier just grunted now, still too tired to get up and face reality. Angela opened one eye and gazed on her two years younger brother.

"You're ruining the song," Angela mumbled, rubbing the eye that had been gazing, and lifting her head slowly. Andrew looked pleased and nodded his head.

"Yes, I know, and I'm good at it."

Angela made up her mind to sit up entirely at the side of the bed, and so she did, looking around her with lazy eyes. She should really pick out the lenses this night, she thought. Cursing at herself, she stood up and patted Andrew on her head, as she would now and then.

"What's happening in the house?" she asked.

"Not much at the moment. The E is just resting a bit, and Iona is doing some practial stuff. Theo is somewhere else. But it's kind of late, so they should start doing some tapas soon."

"Thanks for the rapport," she said and smiled. She had some time to make herself feel alright, like take a bath, dress up in some of the new clothes, play with Emanuel. General nice stuff really.

She left her brother tormenting Stephen for a while, and made her way to the bathroom, but after she had picked out some clothes. If you ignored Andrew's voice in the distance, this house was pretty calm and relaxed at the moment. It made her easier to find the inner peace she was looking for. She threw the clothes on the floor in the bathroom and made the water run in the bathtub.

"Ey, Ángel! Is it okay if I play some Manu Chao?" Andrew said from the living room, searching through Theo's CD:s. Angela approved his wish, and soon the tones of the famous Spanish singer was heard.

The water was ready, and she let out a enjoyable sigh when she slipped into the tub. This was life.
.

Thirty minutes later, someone knocked on the locked door, and made Angela let go of her dreamy thoughts.

"Angela, are you in there?" she heard Iona say on the other side.

"Yes, it's me," she replied.

"Oh, good, I was just going to say that Rosana and Theodore are coming over in a while, just so you know," Iona informed her younger sister.

"Thanks, dear," Angela said and closed her eyes, enjoying the last moment before she was going to get up from the water. She took the opportunity to wash her hair as well before she got up. She'd picked that lovely top she had gotten from Rosanas store the other day. The top with little stones in different colors, and pelated thinn material over some thicker. Her mind had grown a fear of wearing skirts for a while, so she used those pants made out of linnen again. She combed her hair and let it dry. There, she felt fresh again. She took the clothes she had had before and carried them to her room before she went to meet Iona in the kitchen with Emanuel on her waist.

"Oh my, you are so pretty, baby sister," Iona said and stroked Angela's arm, one of her lovely habbits. Emanuel was busy with some toy of his.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Angela said. Iona always looked beautiful, whatever she wore.

"Thank you, now, what do you say? Should we go out tonight?"

"We could try, I have nothing against it. Andrew will be bored as hell, that one thing for sure."

"Andrew need to gain some points in the grown up world," Iona said and sighed.

"I've got A right now, and soon it'll be A+, I can guarantee that," Angelas said with a certain voice, as if she was knowing what she was doing with her social life.

"Great. Is abuelo up yet?"

"Soon enough," the younger girl answered the question, "if Andrew gets his wish through."

Iona nodded and suggested that she would go and help her brother. Angela said she would, but walked toward the terrace instead. It was the time of the day when the heat used to be extraodrinarily pleasant. Not too hot nor too cool. Before she went outside she fetched a shawl, like the ones from Palestine, and it originally belonged to one of her best friends, Eric, but she had permission of using it as long as she would like. He was one of those guys she'd really gotten to know and love during almost a year. He meant something, and she would never forget him. She wrapped herself in the kind of large triangle, and thought about him. She wondered about how her friends were feeling, if they were having a nice summer holiday. She actually missed them at this point. She wanted someone in her own age to talk to. Her steps continued to move across the terrace, with eyes looking out over the sunset.

Yes, this could have been a pretty picture.