Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Hey Angel.

“So, what are you guys having?” Theo asked the others politely. “They have sandwiches with cheese, jamon, pork--, and squirrel, and stuff like that.”

"Eww, squirrel?" Andrew asked, clearly disgusted by the idea of a sandwich with an animal on top.

"Yeah, or, is it called that? Those slippery things with 8 arms?" Theo asked, pondering of what the word he was looking for.

"Who would be dumb enough to have a furry cat on a sandwich?" The question came out of nowhere. Angela turned her head in that direction, and found her beloved rockstar attached to his wifes arm.

"It's not a cat," she answered and sighed, smiling after that, receiving a greeting smile back.

"I know," he said, still smiling, and kissed the top of her head. "Hi, little missy."

"I'm almost taller than you," she called out quietly, crossing her arms stubbornly. "You're keeping what you promised, right?"

"You know I am," he said and blinked, turning his attention to his wife again. "You're hungry?"

"Yes, I could almost eat anything, only if it doesn't contain-- squirrels," she said, glancing toward the man who owned the bar.

"Can someone please tell what it is called then?" Theo stuck in out of nowhere.

"It's called octupus, or squid, so you can easily mistake it for squirrel, Theo," Andrew whispered cunningly.

"Thank you, the only thing I was wating for. So, they've got squid, and NOT squirrel. Sorry Adrienne. Decide now, and I'll order tapas meanwhile," Theo ordered the family, and everybody did as he'd said.

The weather was as nice as it had been the whole trip. This was the time of the day when Angela could enjoy the temperature the most. She talked a lot with her brother who still seemed to be haunted by the whole 'squirrel-on-a-sandwich'-idea. She tried desperately to calm him down, and finally she made some progress. Iona had been sitting with Rosana, who had joined them now as well, and they were playing adoringly with Emanuel, who didn't seem tired, yet. Stephen was talking with Theo, discussing whatever, Angela couldn't really care, and she saw Billie Joe and Adrienne having their own little private conversation.

They all got the sandwiches they'd ordered. Angela had pork, but could only eat half of it, because of the weird taste. She couldn't really say that she wasn't that fond of the Spanish way of food, but she couldn't be rude, so she blamed it on her stomach, saying she wasn't hungry. A while later the angry barman came out with the tapas Theo had ordered earlier. He put it down on the table and said something that sounded kind of rude to Theo. Theo just shrugged it of and gave a wily look to Angela and Andrew.

"Taste it, and then tell me what you think it is."

Tapas could almost be anything, Angela had learned, and she didn't like the way Teo had looked at them, but what could she do? It actually looked tasty, like fryed chicken. So, she took one, put it in her mouth and chewed. It tasted like fryed chicken too, so it wasn't that bad. Andrew tasted is as well.

"I bet it's like-- testicle's of a lamb or something like that," he said, shrugging his shoulders. Theo just looked suprised.

"Wow, that's right, how'd you know?" he asked.

"I dunno, I just guessed," Andrew said, and took another.

"You know that that is really disgusting, right?" Billie Joe said, sneaking into the conversation.

"I don't care, because they're tasty, why don't you try?"

"Oh, fuck no," Billie Joe said, putting his hands before his face, protectivly.

"Wuss," Andrew muttered. The older man clearly heard that but knew he would have to keep his mouth shut, because he knew that there would be consequences if he tried to start an argument. Trying to get that out of his mind, he remembered that promise from the night before. He caught the dark-haired girls attention and nodded his head toward the park. She smiled and nodded she as well. He kissed his wife on the cheek and left the table to walk toward the park where the children were still playing at this late hour. Angela joined him halfway.

"Oh, oh, oh, how was your day?" she asked him, gripping his arm enthusiasticly.

"First of all, thank for the idea, because she loved it, and now I can say that we had the best vacation ever," he said like he was really pleased.

"Oh, I'm just happy for you, because now we're even, dear."

"Amen to that. What did you to today?" he asked, watching one boy and the girl after him going down the slide, laughing with exictement.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill ya," she told him, watching him sigh at the too-much-used-line there ever was. He gave her an annoyed expression, which or course made her laugh. "Fine, fine, you silly man. I'll tell you. We actually managed to find out that the town has a local pool, so we went there. Does it sound more exciting than your trip?"

"Darn it, You're making me regret that I didn't stay here and followed you and your siblings," he said, clearly with ironi. Angela didn't answer him. Instead she went over to one of the swings and sat herself down. She'd always thought that the swings were the pest part of a playground, and the Spanish ones weren't bad. She drew a pattern in the sand with her foot, not saying anything.

"How're you holding up?" the now darkbrown-haired man asked.

"Couldn't be better," she answered without looking at him, "but it's just that next time I'll se one of those gangs with guys on mopeds I'll flip, totally. Be ready for that, okay?"

He simply nodded and leaned his forehead toward one of the poles that held the swing stabil. He looked lik he'd had a rough day, but not in a negative way. She smiled at his sleepy face. It wasn't even midnight yet, but she could give him that. After all, rock stars shouldn't be up this late. He just looked so peaceful, like he had nothing to worry about at all, but, she didn't really know him that well.

"Sing me song," she heard him mumble. He was really on his way of falling asleep. His request wasn't that easy, because as everyone know, it's really to think of a song when it get to it. Her heart dropped when she finally thought of the right lullaby.

"Hey Angel, how come you're here with me?
Don't you have som other place,
somewhere more important to be?

Hey Angel, you know this ain't your fault.
The water has been running over
ever since the day I was born.

But it you spread out your wings,
and you try to fly away.
Trust me, I'll do anything,
just to get you to stay.

What happened?
Who made you who you are?
Why do you still care for me,
after all I've done this far.

You saved me,
never expecting something back.
Still you're cleaning all the wounds,
from all the knives thrown at my back.

But it you spread out your wings,
and you try to fly away.
Trust me, I'll do anything,
just to get you to stay.

My heart would stop.
My whole system would fail.
I do whatever it may take,
just to get you back again.

You saved me,
never expecting something back.
Still you're right here.

But it you spread out your wings,
and you try to fly away.
Trust me, I'll do anything,
just to get you to stay."


Angela was scared he wouldn't have liked it, because of the lack of words from him when she had stopped singing. He'd just been standing there, silent, with his eyes closed. She kept drawing those patterns with her feet, hoping for the best from him.
"Let me guess, you wrote that," he said, opening his eyes, which looked surprisingly lively. She smiled, feeling extemly good about what she was going to tell him.

"Fuck no, how can you think such a thing?"

"But who did then?"

"I've got a friend, cool huh? No, actually, she's the one who wrote it. And if you want me to praise her, I shall, because she's the best person in the world, and you know what, she's got your green eyes. You're sure you're not relatives?"

"That's just blessed. What's her name?" he asked, looking like he searched through his head for all of his relations.

"Isolde, and yeah, I know it's a weird name, but she's from Wales, dude."

"Y'know, that's cool. And yeah, I bet we're family in some weird way. If she's got my eyes, then...yeah. But you say she wrote that? Because that's the best love-song I've heard today, and I've listened to a lot of those, including my owns."

"I don't know if it's a love-song in that way. She wrote it to a friend of hers, and she's the cutest person in the world too, but, it's just so meaningful. Y'know what I mean?"

"More than you know," he answered her question.

"I miss her," she whispered sadly, watching the patterns in the sand.

"I bet she misses you too, sweetheart. If she is that great as you say about her, you should never let her go, because people like her is important for you future."

"Well, listen to the little preacher," she joked, smiling warmly.

"Just look at me and Michael," he said and blinked his eye at her. That was kind of a good exempl; two best friends who had known each other for so many years and now depended on each other. Angela just wished that her future would look like that somehow. She accepted his preach gladly.

"Look, I can do patterns too," he said, suddenly sitting in the swing next to her, too alert for his own good.

It must have been something with the lyrics, she thought.