Heaven Is A Place For Angels

A beautiful Spanish house.

The house was like a dream. It was nothing like the boring apartment back home. It was big and beautiful. And the weather was amazing too. Angela felt like she never wanted to go back home again.

"Let's go inside" her sister said, and smiled. Her smile was amazing, so warm and welcoming. Angela smiled back at her; she wanted to do nothing else.

The inside was as beautiful as the outside, a perfect Spanish house. Baby-things everywhere at that moment, but that were just a relief for Angela.

"Now, where's the little angel?" you could hear their father say as he entered the room.

Then, a woman came out from the kitchen, with a large baby-boy in her arms. Angela jumped up and down at the sight of her little relative.

"Oooh, baby boo-boo" she said in a voice she usually used at her cats.

The Spanish woman gave the boy to the mother. You could only imagine how happy the woman felt when she held her child in her arms.

Theo started to talk to his mother, and she looked at them all up and down. She turned to Angela and said something. Theo was quick to translate.

"She says that you have the longest and darkest eyelashes she has ever seen. And you are a beautiful girl."

"Ehm, thank you" Angela said, kind of shy. It was not the first time a stranger had noticed her eyelashes. She never wore make-up, she just though that it was unnecessary, or maybe now and then.

"Well, I must say thank you for letting us into your beautiful home" Stephen said to the woman. Theo translated. The woman looked like she couldn't be happier, and started to speak Spanish fast. Theo probably asked her in Spanish to slow down, you could see that.

"To say that in fewer words than my mother used, she says that it is absolutely lovely to have you here, and that she finally gets to meet her soon-daughter-in-law's family."

"The pleasure is all ours" Stephen said and bowed.

"Looks like she's made dinner for us all" Iona said and walked towards the dinner-room. Angela followed, and of course the dinner-room was magnificent.
-
Angela felt like she'd never eaten such a good meal. Spanish food was something above anything else. And the people around her were so nice too. She had never felt so home.
Her mobile phone rang. She almost felt like she had a heart-attack. She heard the familiar tones of "Love will tear us apart" by Joy Division.

"Excuse me" she mumbled and left the table.
-
"'Ello" she said.

"Hi honey" a familiar voice said.

"Hi mum!" Angela said happily.

"How's Spain?"

"Like something I've never been to before."

"And how's Andrew? Had any big fights yet?" her mother said, and you could tell that she knew her children kind of well.

"Of course we have" Angela said proudly, "in the plane, in the car, but not in this house yet. That's my mission next."

"That's hilarious, Hun" her mother said with a "that's-my-children"-tone.

"But you know what. It's kind of expensive to make a phone call to Spain. I'll call you tomorrow, 'kay?" Angela said.

"You're right. We'll talk later. The cats want food anyway. Have fun, and don't do anything stupid."

"Me? Do something stupid? You must be kidding." She said childishly.

"Send my love to Andrew, and say hello to everyone else for me, right?"

"Sure mother, I'll do that."

"Bye my darling" her mother said and made a kiss-sound in the phone.

"Bye dear mother"

They hung up.

The evening went on, and the two families had nice conversations. Theo's sister joined them for a while, but she left after an hour or two. But before that she made a promise to take Angela out for one evening. She thought that it could be kind of fun.

It was late, kind of too late. Angela had gotten her clothes out of her suitcase and was now ready to go to bed. The guestroom she got was kind of small, but it was so cosy. All she really wanted to do was to fall asleep in that comfortable bed. She laid down on it in her pyjamas and closed her eyes. No, she didn't want to sleep yet. She picked up her iPod from the floor and put the headphones into her ears. Once again she went through her play list and found a song for her emotions.

The last thing she heard before she fell asleep was:
"Welcome to Paradise."