Heaven Is A Place For Angels

Who knew that it would come to this?

"Dude, why can't you just wake up?" she heard a low voice say in the distance. She thought that she was dreaming, but when she opened her eyes, the only thing she found was her brother, standing above her.

"Get lost," she mumbled.

"'Kay," he said. "But if you want to know, there still might be breakfast left for you, and it might not."

"Well, then I know, now, get out of this room so I can get ready."

"Whatever you say, my master" he said and tried to imitate Igor with hunchback and then left.
She got out of bed, and she felt tired. She had fallen asleep with her headphones in her ears, and when the music had stopped playing, she had kind of pushed the iPod down on the floor.

She just yawned and put on some clothes. She almost forgot they actually were abroad, but the she realized they were in the sunny Spain. She made a quick ponytail with her dyed black hair. At last, she went out to the kitchen where her brother sat and drank some juice. Theo's mother, Rosana, stood beside the stove and made some pancakes, actually. She saw Angela and just smiled, and said something in Spanish that Angela could not understand.

"She says that it's lovely to see you again and that there's going to be a few people visiting the house today," Andrew said and Angela looked at him in a strange way.

"What? She said the same thing to me and Theo just translated it," he said and shrugged his shoulders.

"I see, you're weird, you know that?"

"Always been, darling, always been," he said with a gin.

Rosana put the pancakes on a plate and gave them to Angela. She gave the older woman a big smile.

"Muchas gracias, seƱora!" she said, and took the plate.

Andrew was reading a Spanish newspaper. Angela sat down opposite him.

"You know that you don't understand a thing that you're reading, don't you?" Angela said with a grin on her face.

"Of course I know that. I just want to look sophisticated."

"You're so cute, you know that too?" Angela said and started giggling.

"Always been, Angela, always been," he said and sighed.

She ate her pancakes and wondered of what would happen today, maybe she and Andrew would go out and explore the place and the house, or maybe she only would stay here and play cards by herself.

"Where are the other guys?" Angela asked and Andrew looked up from the newspaper.

"Ehm, I dunno. No, wait, they went out for a walk, and Theo's dad is at work."

"What are we going to do then? I mean, we should keep out of the way if there're coming people in a couple of hours," Angela said with insecure voice.

"Well, we could go out for a walk, nah; I want to swim in the pool. Shit, they don't have one" Andrew said and looked grieved.

"Get over it, there's always the lake," Angela replied.

"But the lake is...dirty"

"You're such a sissy. I'll tell you what. We'll take a swim in the lake, and hope to God that the people have been here and gone before we come back, right?" Angela said.

"Deal, first to the beach wins!" Andrew screamed and ran for his shorts. Angela thanked the woman and went to her room, and looked for her bikinitop and her bathink trunks. She found them, put it on and went towards the outer door. Andrew was standing there with a towel in his hand.

"Dude, I would like some competition," he said and stuck his tongue out.

"We'll start outside, 'kay?" she said and put on her little cute black shoes. Andrew made himself ready; they opened the door, and ran out, only to bump into their father.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked.

"To the beach, we want to swim," Andrew replied.

"Okay, just be back in less than an hour, right?" Stephen said.

"Okidoki" Angela said and started to run again.

"HEY!" Andrew screamed. "Don't cheat!"

It ended up with Angela winning, but Andrew wasn't far behind. But Andrew won the part of who would take the first dip. They splashed around for about 40 minutes, and then decided to go back to the house. They wrapped the towels around themselves and walked back the not-so-long way.

"What are you going to do when we get inside?" Andrew asked, but you could tell that he didn't really care.

"Probably play patience with myself, you?"

"I want to annoy someone" Andrew said with a grin on his face.

"Don't just annoy me, I'll tell you that. I will not be in the mood to fight you." Angela said and rolled her eyes.

"Hmm, okay, I won't. Do you think that I'll be able to disturb father or something like that?"

"If he isn't busy," Angela said and smiled, with a small bit of evil in her eyes.

They opened the door, and saw their fathers standing in the kitchen.

"WE'RE BACK!" Angela yelled. Stephen turned around, smiled and waved at them.

"I'll go put on some dry clothes" Angela said to Andrew. He said that he would to, and they separated. Angela went to the bathroom; she might as well have a shower now as it were.
When she came back to her room she only wanted to find her I-don't-want-to-do-anything-for-the-rest-of-the-day-pants. She found them. And that dark blue/dark grey-striped t-shirt, which was her mother's, but she had only borrowed it. She looked at herself in the mirror. She found herself to be so...normal. She hit herself. Never...use...that...word! She stopped.
"Okay, let's just play patience. All I need is good ol' game of patience."

She could hear the outer door open and close. She imagined that the people that were going to come over were here already. She cursed to herself and went out. She didn't manage to take a peek of the people that were here, but she didn't want to either. She didn't want to make herself to do something embarrassing in front of them.

She found her way to the room where the Spanish family kept their pool-table. The first thing you saw when you came into the room was a blue couch with its back towards the entering. She sat down on it, and put out the cards on her table. This was one of the things that she loved doing, beside sing and listen to music, to play patience. It was a great way for her to relax. She sat there for like half an hour. She heard voices down the corridor.

"You know, my daughter..." she heard her father say, and she sighed. Here he went again. She rolled her eyes and continued playing her game. A few minutes later she felt a couple of hands on her shoulders, hands of a grown-up man, and not like her brothers. She gripped the wrists and pulled them down.

Then... she discovered the tattoos. The small skull on the right knuckle, and the four pictures in a row, portraying a woman in her middle age. She saw some other tattoos as well, but now she only was in a shock. She kept dragging the arms down, and soon a man appeared in the same height as her face.

"Hi," he said. "I..."

"Shit," Angela said and let go of his arms, as she fell down on the floor, just gasping for air.

"...heard some thing about you" the man finished, and then scratched his head.

"You've got to be kidding me, this can't be happening, tell me I'm dreaming, tell me" Angela said, very fast, she just couldn't stop. "I mean, he can't be here, he can't, he rally can't!" She lost herself, and a tear were shown. The man stirred at her, those beautiful green eyes looked at her with insecurity.

"Please, tell me that you're not here," she whispered and held her stomach.

"Sorry to tell you, but I am here," he answered lightly. She just started laughing.

"And next you're going to tell me that Adrienne is sitting in the living room as well," she said. He gave her a certain look.

"That's the thing. She is," he said.

"Are you telling me that that breath-taking gorgeous woman with cool dreads is sitting in that living room, in THIS house?" Angela said while she tried to stand up, and failed.

"Hey, I thought it was me you were attracted to," he replied and smiled.

"That's not the point," she said and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, well yes, that breath-taking gorgeous woman with cool dreads is sitting in that living-room."

"Shut up!" she said.

"You shut up!" he said back. "You want some help to get up?"

She nodded, but then realized:

"Oh my God, I'm getting help from Billie Joe fucking Armstrong."