Handsome Is As Handsome Does

ten

"This is our first lesson Miss Wilson and you are already 22 minutes and thirty-two seconds late to my class." The tone and sheer volume of the voice whilst entering the room made a shudder run down Adelaide's back.

As she looked around the empty ballroom searching for the voice, her eyes finally landed on a plump woman who appeared to be in her 60's. A sneer never left her face as she looked over Adelaide's appearance; the food from the previous food fight still matted in her hair and embroiled in her clothes.

"Tut, look at the state of you. This leads onto my first of many lectures of this session; you are not to turn up in future looking like this. You are to be punctual and have the presentational appearance of a lady from now on. Now stand straight and let me have a look at you."

For the next three and a half hours Adelaide endured many unpleasant words and harsh pokes from the woman of whom she learnt was called Ms Lafleur a.k.a She-devil. After that tourturous lesson, another 2 hours of suffering entailed. In this two hours Adelaide was fed information upon information about the government and its involvement with the country and the world. Also she had to learn about the Queens role in society as the head of state. A dull pain spread through her head as she tried to remember all the information.

_________________

Everyone was present at the table that evening. Everyone also seemed to have included Brittney and Jacob.

Whilst Tristan had to endure Brittney's whiny voice, and clingy hands, I was lucky enough to have Caiden on one side of me and Jacob on the other. Eleanor had yet to arrive so an awkward silence hung over the residence of the table, everyone knowing that when a word was finally uttered World War Three was sure to start.

A whisper sliced through the silence. An evil feeling filled the air as the words left the lips of Brittney, a loud grawf laugh soon following. The only words Adelaide could make out from the sentence were "whore" and "bucket". It wasn't too hard for her to put two and two together, and realize that Brittney had indeed been talking about her.

"Don't worry about my sister," Jacob whispered from beside her. "She just sees you as competition, she thinks that this will break you down, make you less then her."

"And don't you worry Jacob, I've dealt with worse then the likes of her..."

"You know, if you have something to say about me, just say it you bitch," Brittney said, a sneer of repulsion directed at Adelaide and Jacob.

"If you must know, I told Jacob that you don't scare me, I've come across a lot of people that are worse then you, a whole lot worse." A look of shock flooded across everyones face apart from Caiden's, who was still filled with playful bliss.

"I bet," yet another sneer left Brittney's lips, "in the whore house probably."

"Please start talking to me again, Brittney, when you actually have something original to abuse me with, something that isn't a dig at how I look after my little brother, something that isn't just a generic comeback that every blonde, airheaded snob uses to try to demean those who they believe to be so far down on the ground compaired to them that they aren't even worth a look. Women, no, girls like you are disgusting. Live a day in my life, with what I've had to deal with, then come back and try to abuse me. Because believe me, you have it lucky, if all this was taken away from you, you'd have nothing."

Just as Adelaide had had her say, Eleanor waltzed into the dining room, oblivious to the argument that was now looming in the air, waiting for the next time they were all alone.

"Just you wait" Brittney mouthed through a glare more powerful then that of Medusa.

"Bring it on, bitch" Adelaide mouthed back, a triumphant smirk on her face. She had won the battle, just like she was going to win this war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh, I don't really like this one, sorry guys.
Although I do like how Adelaide has finally stuck up against Brittney.

Comments = love.