Handsome Is As Handsome Does

eleven

A light ‘chink’ sounded from Pippa’s window, followed by another ‘chink’, then a few seconds later another. A feeling of slight fear was overridden by a feeling of puzzlement. At 11 o’clock at night, who could possibly wish to talk to her that eagerly?

Upon opening her window, a hooded figure was spotted below her 3rd story bedroom window.

“Adelaide Wilson, what exactly do you think you’re doing here this late? If my parents find you here they’ll ground me for a lifetime!” The harsh whisper carried its way down to the girl, causing her to chuckle lightly.

“Pip, I need to talk to you! Some serious stuff is going on right now, and I need my best friend to discuss it with!”

“Okay, okay, I’ll be down in a few minutes. Wait around the front, near the gates.”

A few minutes later, Pippa wondered down her dark driveway, and opened the electric gates as quietly as possible. As soon as she’d stepped out of the gated prison, she embraced her long time best friend. Pippa hadn’t heard a word from or about Adelaide in the last few days, panic causing horrible scenarios to repeat in her head, all the possible bad things that could have happened.

Anger soon replaced the fear. “Addy, where the hell have you been?! I’ve been worried sick!”

“That’s what I’m here about Pip, I’m living with the D’Amont’s... as in Eleanor and Tristan D’Amont...”

A stunned silence surrounded them as Pippa tried to absorb the information being revealed.

Everyone who was anyone within society knew about the D’Amont’s. They were the ‘desirables’, the people who everyone wished to be seen with or associated with. Whilst Eleanor dominated the business sphere, with the largest industry of hotels, housing properties and beauty spa’s, linked to all the top people in society, Tristan dominated the social sphere. There was hardly a day when Tristan’s name was not followed by multiple rumours: every guy wanted to be him and every girl wanted to be seen on his arm.

Adelaide had heard many stories about these two infamous people from Pippa, explaining the society in which she had been shunned many years before.

“But, wha-he-she... how?!”

“I don’t know, wrong place, wrong time. I tried pick pocketing Tristan and somehow that landed me as some kind of pawn in this charity ball in which I’m going to be auctioned off to some strange man...” An angry sigh passed through her lips, as she took a seat on the curb.

Looking around, she saw what had once been her everyday surroundings. The tall, immaculate houses that held deep, damaging secrets reminded her of all she once had and had lost due to one man’s tragic fall.

“If it makes you feel any better, Ad, I’m also going to that charity ball. I’ll be your wing girl, if you want.” That one simple sentence brought a smile to Adelaide’s face, a new sense of comfort flooding her emotions.

“Oh thank god, I thought I’d have to spend a night with that buffoon Tristan and Brittany the Brat. Now this is why you’re my best friend!” A calmness spread through the air surrounding the two young girls.

“You have 16 days to learn all you need about the people and the runnings of society then? So they don’t suspect anything?”

“Yep, unfortunately...”

“Well, fortunately for you, I am your best friend and I have promised to help all I can to make sure you and Caiden get what you deserve, especially after what happened with your parents...”

“Thank you, Pip, for everything. I’m going to have to head back to Caiden now, but come and see me tomorrow?”

“Of course I will, I miss my little Caidy!” With a strong, quick embrace, they both went their separate ways, smiles adorning their faces.

Unbeknownst to them both, a smirk of satisfaction spread across a young gentleman’s face, of whom had heard every word exchanged between the girls within a nearby bush. He knew that She would be thrilled at what he’d just found out. Yes, Jesse was going to be getting all the praises he deserved after giving Teresa the vital information on Adelaide and he whereabouts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
I decided that I missed writing, and thought now was a good a time as any to get back into the swing of it.
This is a bit of a filler, yet some important things needed to happen in this chapter, to take it to where it is meant to be going!