Handsome Is As Handsome Does

three

Fear sent my heart palpitating miles faster than it should have been. My mind was filled of thoughts of my little brother; what would he do if I were not there too look after him? I was the last family he had.

I studied the two other people at the table. Tristan's eyes were still glued to me, as a confused expression graced his face at his grandmother's words, whereas his grandmother was still sat with elegance and poise, calm and composed.

"O-okay," I mumbled faintly, only loud enough so that my voice could be carried through the air softly.

"I guess I should start at the beginning. My name is Eleanor D'amont and this young man is my grandson. In just under a month there is going to be a charity ball that I am one of the hosts of. In total there are 10 of us and each of us must find a male and female to take part." I nodded my head, taking a little gulp, before slowly talking.

"What has this got to do with me, if you don’t mind me asking? I'm sorry I was going to steal off of your grandson, but I had to…" I was suddenly cut off by Eleanor placing a hand up, instantly silencing me. The smile on her face never left.

"It's okay dear, we can finish discussing that at a later time, and I still need to tell you why you are here. Each of us hosts need both a male and female participant to help us in one of the activities that has been decided to help raise some money. Each person is to bid off at an auction to spend a whole day with that person or people. There are obviously a lot of rules that stop that person being untoward towards you, yet they can make you do simple things like fetch them drinks and such."

"Why me though? There are plenty of other girls out there that would love to do this, I really need to get back to my brother, he'll be really worried."

"I would, but the girl has to be from an upstanding place in society and I believe with a bit of work on etiquette and such you would be the perfect subject." A snort could be heard from Tristan, making both me and his grandmother turn to look at him with a slight glare.

"Now hush Tristan and be nice to this lovely lady. As I was saying, I was wondering if you could possibly help me out and of course I'll help you in return. Whatever you need I'll help you with."

"I don’t know, can I please think about it and let you know? It's a lot to take in in one evening," I said in the sickeningly sweetest voice I could muster, hoping that it would butter the older woman up to my side.

"Of course, dear. How about you sleep on it and tell me in the morning? Of course Tristan will also be involved in this whole charity event, won't you dear?"

Tristan's face paled and a look of sheer disbelief flooded onto his face.

"Me?! Bu-wha-I...You can't expect me to do that, gran. I will not be able to take part, I have a date!"

"Calm down, Tristan, you know that Brittney is also taking part. It would sure help me out alot, sweetie." Tristan's facial expression softened a little, before exhaling a little sigh.

"Okay, granma. But I refuse to babysit that thing." I rolled my eyes with a small smirk on my face.

Maybe I should agree, it would definatley wind up the King of narcissism.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, this ones awefully short,
but its going to get better and better, believe me.
I have so many ideas for this story that its hard to put it all into words.
And sorry I haven't updated in a while but I have severe laryngitis and it's kind of affecting my attention span.

Anyway, I hope you like it
comments = happy (: