Handsome Is As Handsome Does

six

Approximately twenty minutes after Adelaide and Caiden had exited the condemned, crumbling building where the hordes of homeless teenage thieves habituated a striking women entered the building.

This woman was in no way, shape or form, beautifully striking. In fact she was the direct opposite. Some of the children sometimes used to say the saying "fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" was modeled directly off of her physical appearance. However, it wasn’t just her physical appearance that was far from beautiful; but her personality matched it to a T. Many of the children were either scared or horrified by her overall person that they didn’t dare answer back to her.

That is why, when Teresa did wander back into the squalor, the children quickly dispursed to their assigned place of 'rest'. All except Jesse.

Other than Adelaide, Jesse was one of the best pickpockets that were on Teresa's team of bandits. Jesse also used his good looks to fool the public into believing that he was a respectable teenager. Yet Jesse's true personality behind the mask matched that of Teresa. They both were as conniving and immoral as each other in every aspect.

Therefore, when Teresa saw Jesse stood infront of her, awaiting her arrival, she knew that something was wrong.

"What is it, boy? I don’t have all day?" Teresa snapped as she made her way to her 'office', Jesse close on her heels.

"It's Adelaide, she came back an'…"

But before Jesse had time to finish his sentence Teresa interrupted him, a malicious smile snarled its way onto her face. "She's back. Ahh I'll make sure she answers to where she's been all this time. That damn girl will be the end to us all. Yet she was one of our best, apart from you of course. Send her to me right away."

"That’s what I'm tryin' ter tell ya. She came back all high 'n' mighty with bran' new clothes 'n' took her brotha away before leaving. She left a letter an' then left."

An angry cry escaped from Teresa's lips before she stormed through the building, getting to the door which led to all the children's bedrooms.

"Who has the god damn letter that Adelaide left before she left? I want it right this moment!"

Gemima quickly scurried forwards, knowing full well that if she were to take her time then it would make Teresa's stress levels soar through the roof and it was no telling who she would hurt, more than likely her.

As soon as Teresa had the letter in her grubby paws, she devoured each word that was laid out before her.

Dear Teresa,
I am sorry I have not been at the home in a few days but a new opportunity has arisen for myself and Caiden. Fortunately we will not need to steal and such to earn a living or to survive from day to day anymore. I truly am sorry that this was suddenly thrust upon you but it was a split second decision. I really do wish that I could help you all, that is why I am going to send about £500 a week to you guys. It's not a huge amount but I hope that this would cover the lose that you will have because I have left, and hopefully make sure you don’t have to go out and thieve things as regularly. I am going to miss you all, because I have been with you for two years, but it's time for me to move on. Teresa, please make sure this first instalment of £500 reaches the children and you are not as hard handed on the child that is giving you this letter. I made them give it to you, so your anger should naturally be directed at me. I really will miss you guys, and will try and help as much as possible.
Goodbye, Adelaide.
Xxx


Anger coursed through Teresa's veins. An ear splintering scream echoed through the room causing the unsteady walls to shake. Teresa lashed her anger out in the best way that she knew. The next thing everyone knew, Gemima was thrown across the room, holding her head in pain.

Angry mutters escaped Teresa's tight lined lips. "How dare she?!" was screeched over and over again; the children, all except Jesse, cowered away in fear.

"What did she say, ma'am?"

"She's gone, she left us the dirty piece of trash. We needed her, god damn it! We needed her!"

"What are we gonna do about it?"

"I want you out, scouring around. Try and find as much information on our little orphan as you can. Find her and bring her back here, no-one leaves our 'family'!" With that Teresa swiftly stomped her way back to her office, slamming her door for added effect whilst Jesse slinked out of the house to start his tracking down of Adelaide.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry guys that I haven't uploaded any new chapters in a while, but unfortunatly I have swine flu and so I'm still trying to get over that. However, I thought I should try and upload a few anyway. So, sorry again.

On a lighter note, the new all time low album came out yesturday and it's so awesome! I advise everyone to take a listen. I really do love those guys and their music. It makes my illness just that little less bad. (: