Handsome Is As Handsome Does

eight

Adelaide sat nervously with Caiden in her lap, waiting for Eleanor to finish with her phone call so they could discuss why she had been summoned to her office.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting, Adelaide," Eleanor said in her usual official-sounding voice after she had finished on the phone. "I take it this is your brother that you were talking so highly of."

"Hello ma'am, I'm Caiden and I'm four years old." With this said Caiden sat back with an excited smile on his face.

"Yes, well it is nice to meet you Caiden. What I wish to explain with you both is what is going to happen now that Caiden is to be living with us. I have enrolled Caiden into a top nursery, with which my own children and grandchildren had attended. He will go there 6 times a week, where he will learn the basics he will need to learn to be an honorable man in the upper society. Is that okay with you two?"

Adelaide nodded her head, swallowing the hard lump in her throat. She had never been away from Caiden for more than a few hours, except for the first few days she spent at the mansion. Yet she knew that there was no use arguing, this was a necessary step she needed to take to give herself and Caiden the best life now that they were finally getting somewhere.

"Good. Now onto your education, Adelaide. When was it that you last attended school?"

"About two years ago, ma'am."

"Well you haven’t been out of the circuit for too long, so it should be easy to pick up your education. Have you ever studied any other languages? Or anything important such as Politics, English literature, etcetera?"

"I studied French, Spanish, Dutch and a little Mandarin. I did study English literature, but never Politics."

"Wow, to think that a girl like, well you could talk that many languages is shocking! Where did you learn all of this?"

"At school, plus my father was always fluent in different languages, so I caught on from him."

"Well then there's not as much to teach you as I originally thought. But you will defiantly have to learn more about the world's political aspects and the foreign policies. At four o'clock this evening you will have your first lesson to which you will need to become perfect for the auction. This will go on for an hour before you have an hour of teaching, followed by dinner. Now go, do whatever you wish till this time arises."
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short, filler update.
I hope you like it.

comments?