Unnoticed tension

4

Bob's P.O.V.

After a few more bouts of oddness between the three of us, Gerard got randomly inspired by something I said; to be perfectly honest I have no idea what it was, I hadn't said anything particularly profound. His mind works in strange ways.

After rushing an explanation of parts of his idea - which just ended up sounding like gibberish, with how fast he was talking - he hauled Mikey off to the back, to tinker with his new idea. I just sat there in a daze, trying to absorb the speed-talking even after he'd left.

I polished off my coffee, in a much better mood than I had been when I woke up. I meandered to the back of the bus, to see if they'd come up with anything interesting, only to find Mikey gone and Gerard on his cellphone. He waved his hand for me to leave, so I did obligingly.

TV was shit. So I had raided Ray's collection of DVDs - mostly shitty action flicks, might I add - and found Lord of the Rings: Extended edition...I had a lot of time to kill.

Half way through the first movie, Gerard wandered in and sat next to me.
"Who were you talking to?" I asked before taking a sip of whatever pop Mikey had stocked the fridge with.

"The devil incarnate." he answered, stealing a sip of my pop. I tried muffling a laugh, and failed.

"What was it this time?"

"She was ranting at me about how she thinks she's pregnant, even though she's taken three tests and they all said she wasn't." he grumbled lowly, sitting back and crossing his arms. I felt my heart racing, and tried to disguise my discomfort by shifting in my spot. Bad idea.
Just thinking of the possibility of Gerard having a kid, was scary enough.

"Y-yo-she's sure?" I hurriedly corrected my mistake, looking at him expectantly. He gave me a sideways glance, then smiled.

"Aww. You're worried about me settling down? Ha. Never." he laughed a bit, then patted me on the shoulder. I laughed awkwardly, directing my attention back to the movie.

Somewhere through the movie, I guess I fell asleep...since when I woke up, Gerard was sitting in front of me, playing with my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm evil. ;) Sorry for the short chapter.
Tell me if there are any mistakes - I'm half asleep at the moment, so I'm not so good at beta-ing. XD

I hate to advertise in my own story, but - if you're interested in this pairing, please check out my Bobard group. Anyone can join. ;)