Steal A Kiss In The Moment

You Love Me, I Love You Harder

"DANIKA!" her mother screeched from the other end of the line.
"Yes?" Dani replied.
"I can not believe you, young lady. It is Christmas Eve and you aren't here," her mother began, "AND you are with it."
"JAMES IS NOT AN IT. I love him mother and you know that. We are spending Christmas together," Danika argued.
"Danika, Danika sweetheart..." her mother began.
"Mhm?"
"Are you living with him?" her mother asked.
"Yes."
"Are you pregnant?"
"WHAT?!" Danika exclaimed. "No, MOTHER, I am not pregnant. Merry Christmas to you too. Goodbye!"
"DAN-" Danika hung up the phone.

She looked at James who was grinning widely.

"What?" she asked.

"You yelled at your mommy for me?" he asked.

"Of course I did."

James stabbed out his cigarette in the ashtray. He opened his arms. "Come here."

Danika sat her small frame in James's lap, and he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed the top of her head and she curled up on top of him.

She wrapped her thin arms around him and squeezed. He raised his fist and covered the small cough her grip caused.

"I love you, James," Danika said, looking up into his deep brown eyes.

James kissed her nose. "I love you too."

Danika put her hands behind his neck and inched his head closer. He closed the distance and their lips connected.

These were the moments Danika lived for.

She buried her head in his chest. He chuckled and stroked her back.

In a few minutes, her sleepiness overtook her.

She fell drifted into a sweet dream in his arms...
♠ ♠ ♠
readers?
comments?
subscribers?
aaanything?

love you lauren:P

xo-Paige