Steal A Kiss In The Moment

And I Can't Think Of Anybody Else

Danika stood in her bathroom, desperately trying to look perfect.

James had asked her out this morning. JAMES POPE.

She had been crushing on him since third grade. And finally, in her sophmore year, she got to go out with him. She touched up her eyeliner, and re-straightened her perfectly straight hair. Her mother stepped into her bathroom door.

"Danika, I don't know about this boy..." she said, leaning on the doorframe, crossing her arms. Dani and her mom were really close. Dani talked to her mom about everything.

"MOMMA! I've liked him for like EVER, and I FINALLY get to go out with him, you can't do this to me!" Dani protested, pulling her eyeliner out again. She had to look PERFECT. OH! Teeth! Brush them!

Dani threw her top drawer open and pulled out the toothpaste and toothbrush.

"I dunno Dani, he's a punk, I just don't get the right vibe from him.." Dani's mom retorted.

"MOTHER! I HAVE to go on this date! You KNOW how long I've waited for this!" Dani yelled.

"Teresa, just let her go," Dani's father bellowed from downstairs.

"Stay out of it, Frank," Dani's mom replied before looking back at Dani, pleading with her eyes. "Dani, I just... don't like him."

"Well, mom," Dani mumbled, brushing her teeth. She spit in the sink, and wiped her mouth. "I don't care." she said, picking up her purse, weaving around her mother and walking down the stairs.

"DANIKA PENELOPE MILANKICH!" her mother screamed, "YOU COME BACK HERE!"

"Love you daddy," Dani whispered as she gave her dad a kiss on the cheek and ran to the door. She stepped out and called from behind it. "LOVE YOU MOM." Before slamming the door. That was the end of their relationship.

Dani walked around the corner and sat on the curb, out of her mother's site.

She called James. "Hey, um don't go to my house, I'm at the corner, kay?"

"Uh sure, see you in a bit, Danika." he replied.

"Alright thank you, bye." she said.

There was a clicking noise from the other end, and Dani realized he hung up. She closed her phone, and then her eyes.

"Oh god," she mumbled, fighting the temptation to lay down on the grass area behind her.

A pair of headlights nearly blinded her through her eyelids. She put her hands over her eyes and rose to her feet. She saw James in the driver's seat and smiled. She ran over and opened the passenger door, climbing in. The lace on her converse getting stuck on the door of the truck. She made a quick tug and she was free. She closed the door. Sealed the deal.

It was quiet for a few moments, James drove toward the theater. "Hey," she mumbled.

He let out a small laugh, and her face grew red. He looked at her, "You're cute when you're embarrassed," he commented, causing her to get redder. She took a deep breath.

They arrived at the theater a few minutes later. They took their seats in a row in the middle. The movie began to play. Dracula. They went to an alternative theater... Which Dani would always remember.

About 5 minutes later, Dani felt a cool breath tingle her ear. "Is it cool if I hold your hand?" James asked. Dani nodded, and her small hand was taken up in his, fingers intertwined.

She had NEVER been happier.

Dani was absorbed in the movie. She felt James get close to her ear again. He chuckled when she stiffened up. "Do you like my stupid hair?" he asked.

She turned to look at him. "It's cute," she said, smiling.

"Can you tell I didn't know what to wear?" he asked, smiling. She smirked.

"Nah."

"Well, I'm scared of what you'll think..."

"I think you look really hot," Dani said, smirking. He grinned. They finished the movie with only a few comments here and there.

They went to a cute little restaurant after. The waiter came by to take their orders. Dani got an order of french fries. James just had water. Dani looked at him questioningly when he ordered.

"You make me nervous, so I really can't eat," he said, laughing.

Dani giggled, and he took her hand on the table. She smiled.

"When you smile, I melt inside," he said, squeezing her hand, she blushed.

"I always smile when you're around." she said.

"I'm not worthy for a minute of your time," he replied, "I can't believe you said yes."

Dani grinned.

James looked around the restaurant. "I wish it was only me and you. I'm jealous of everybody in the room."

Dani raised an eyebrow at him.

"Please don't look at me with those eyes," James said, Dani giggled. The rest of their time went casually. They were in the car on the street corner, James stopped so Dani could get out. He turned to look at her.

He wanted to kiss her, really badly... But he'd miss. He was dreading it.

She leaned closer to him, and he came in too. Their eyes began to close.

He just thought over and over "I'm going to miss."

She softly put a hand on his cheek, and their lips connected.

He was the one, Dani just knew it.

They pulled away after a moment.

"Don't wait, this night's almost over," James whispered, still close to her. "Honest, let's make this last forever."

Dani leaned in and they kissed again, harder this time.

James put his hand behind her head, and she took his face in hers. Dani pulled away about thirty seconds later.

"I should go," she said, picking up her purse.

James sighed. "Good night, Dani."

"Night," she replied, opening the door.

"Dani?" he said.

She turned to him. "Yeah?"

He smiled at her for a moment. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

She grinned. "Of course." she pecked him on the lips and got out of the car.

She walked to her house. She stepped through the front door, and into hell.


James walked into their bedroom, where Dani was lying down. "Hey Danika?"

"Mhm?"

"I think we should go to the doctor, get the baby looked at, figure out how far along you are..." he said. "Tomorrow?"

"Mmk," she said, closing her eyes. He walked across the room and laid down next to her, draping an arm over her still thin waist.

"Are you scared?" he asked.

"...A bit..." she replied.

He kissed her cheek. "It'll be fine, Dani..."

"Well," she began, "I always sort of planned us being married before we had kids."

"Dani," he comforted, "We can still get married before the baby's born... Hey, maybe even before you start to show."

She turned over and kissed his nose. "Thank you, James. I love you."

"I love you too," he replied, pulling her tighter. "Merry Christmas baby."

"Merry Christmas," she said
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by "FIRST DATE" by Blink 182..

ehhh its kinda bad.
but here it is!
comments?
xo
Paige