Steal A Kiss In The Moment

Months Going Strong Now

The car was silent for the duration of the ride to the doctor's office.

James's hand rested on the gearshift, with Danika's placed on top of it.

They were perfectly content just being together.

They walked into the doctor's office only to be greeted with the scent of old people and medicine. Dani wrinkled her nose.

James smiled at her and took her hand.

Dani sat down while James did some paperwork things. Dani just stared at her heels, separating them, and bringing them together.

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore," Dani mumbled to herself. The old woman to her right scooted away from her. Dani didn't care though. More room for James.

She was beginning to find herself becoming very depressed.

James sat down next to her, and put his hand on her knee. She entwined there fingers and just stared at their hands.

"It's okay, Dani," James said, before placing a kiss on her cheek.

This made her smile, he was really good at doing that.

"Danika, uh, Mil- ayn- kitch?" A nurse called through the doorframe she was standing in.

Dani and James stood up and followed the nurse to a white room with a grey bed and grey chairs.

Dani sat at the edge of the bed and James sat down in one of the chairs.

In a few moments, the doctor was in the room, asking strange and awkward questions, before escorting her to a place to get a sonogram.

The doctor talked to her as he moved the cold bar thing over her stomach, showing new views of the baby. James held her hand.

"Well, Danika, it seems your about three months along... you should start showing soon," Dani winced. "Don't be upset dear," the doctor said, replying to her look, "most people already have a belly by now. Well, anyways, three months going strong now... but to keep it that way, I'm going to need to ask you to make sure you're not drinking, and neither of you smoke."

Dani looked at James, who looked like he was going to cry. He'd been smoking since before it was legal for him to smoke. Age sixteen he started.

"James? Can you please quit? For the baby?" Dani said, her voice threatening tears again.

James stared at the screen where he could see the little beginning of their child. "Yeah... of course... but I'm gonna need a lot of those patches and gum or whatever they have."

Dani smiled.

A few uncomfortable questions and a wiping off of green stomach sonogram goo later, they were headed home.

Where the lion was awaiting them.
♠ ♠ ♠
and theres finally an update!
sorry if you dont like it, its a tad bit of a filler.

i think theres only gonna be a few more chapters left... then sequel?