Status: Completed. There is a prequel and sequel in the works.

Just Burn the Photographs

Emily

"I don't know... but... Gerard." Ellie stopped in her tracks. "Is he any better?" She asked, hopeful.

"He was crying." Her heart slowed. The only time he'd cried was when his grandmother passed away.

"Says he doesn't wanna be a singer anymore. He said he doesn't wanna be a member of a band who saved lifes when it brought him the one thing that'll end his."
Frank put his head down.

"Why haven't you gone to him?" She asked, gulping hard.

"He doesn't want to see me. The only one that can stop him is you." And he walked back inside.

Ellie stood there for about 10 minutes, silently debating on what to do. She'd give anything to have the old Gerard back. But towards the end of their relationship, he started drinking heavily.
When they first started to date, he was a drinker, but stopped to be with Ellie. He would have a drink here and there, but then became reliant on it. When he would drink, he wasn't affectionate with her. Never told her he loved her.
But when he wasn't drinking, he was the most perfect guy in the world. He'd hold her at any time, tell her he loves her in a crowded room, kiss her in front of his friends.

"Ellie... Ellie. Are you okay?" Destiny shook her cousin.

"What? No, I'm not. I have to go to New York." She started towards the door.

"Wait, why are you going to... oh. Are you going back to Gerard?"

"He told my sister he stopped drinking. I wanna know if it's true. I'll call you later. I have something to do."

Once she got inside, Ellie ran through the crowd and backstage.

"Matt, I have to go do something." She grabbed her purse and started out the back door.
"Wait, where are you going?" He asked, scared of her answer.
"I just have to do something. And I'm not gonna guaruntee I'll be back." She gave him a quick kiss and was out the door.

She caught a bus back to the hotel to pack her things. As she was closing the door, her phone rang. It was Gerard.