Status: Completed. There is a prequel and sequel in the works.

Just Burn the Photographs

Secrets Don't Make Friends.

"Hello?" She answered the phone as she walked towards the elevator.
"Ellie. Hey. I know you don't wanna talk to me, but please just let me talk for a moment then you can yell at me or whatever you wish to do."

"Okay," she spoke her word of approval.

"I'm just calling to tell you that I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I really wish I knew how to make things okay again. I haven't touched alcohol since that night. But, I guess there's nothing left to do. I love you Ellie Hallford. Goodbye." He was silent, waiting for Ellie to hang up or something.

"Gerard, I'm coming to see you. I'll be there early in the morning. I want to see you, okay?"

He didn't speak for a moment.
"Oh, okay. Uhm..." He wasn't sure what to say to her. He didn't expect her to say anything like that.

"If you don't want me to, I won't," she added, sounding hurt.

"No, no. Not that. I want to see you. But... will that change anything?"

She paused. "I'm not going to lie, I don't think it will. But I won't know until I talk to you in person."
"Okay, well, I'll see you in the morning." His voice sounded higher, he was excited.

Ellie closed her phone as she climbed upon the bus again.

It took 40 minutes to reach the airport. Luckily, there was a flight that left at 1 am and landed at 3:35. She could get a few hours of sleep at a hotel.

She had a several hour wait, so she went to the gift shop and bought a book, a crossword puzzle, and a giant cup of coffee.

As she reached the mid-section of the book, her flight started to board.

The coffee didn't work long and she fell asleep 5 minutes into the flight.

Once in New York, she got a hotel room and slept til 8 am.

It was only a 15 minute cab right to Gerard's apartment.