Status: Completed. There is a prequel and sequel in the works.

Just Burn the Photographs

Populace In Two.

"I brought you coffee." Ellie greeted as Gerard opened the door. He was in his pajama pants and a black tee shirt, rubbing his eyes like a little kid.

"Thanks," he spoke, he took the coffee and she walked into the apartment.

"Sorry my place is a mess. I didn't have time to clean up." Ellie stood against the kitchen counter. "It's okay. Cleaner than my apartment." She shown a small smile.

Gerard fell back onto the couch. "So, why did you want to see me?" He asked hesitantly.

"Have you really not drank since then?" She asked, still unbelieveing of him.

"Yes, I swear to you Ellie." He stood and walked towards her.
"Then why are you quitting the band? Frank told me what you said."

Gerard sighed. "Because I'm not happy. And I constantly have to pretend. I don't want to anymore. It's like I'm living a fake life."

Ellie knew exactly wat he was talking about. She felt the same. Every laugh, every smile, every breath she spent with Matt wasn't happy for her. Almost as if he'd read her mind, Gerard asked; "Are you happy with him? Honestly?"

"Gerard..." "No, answer me. Can you honestly see yourself with him years from now?"

She sat her coffee down on the counter as he spoke. "No I can't. But you and I lost our future. You threw it away. You threw me away." Her eyes were watering.

"Threw you away?" He stepped closer and toucher her arm.

"You never wanted me around. You became distant." Ellie looked down.

"I've changed though Ell. Look, you know how when people quit smoking they keep a cigarette for emergancies? I have a beer for that. But look at the experation date. I haven't drank it. And I have journals," he walked from the room for a moment. He came back with several notebooks. "All these are letters to you."

Ellie flipped threw them. Each page was addressed to her. "We belong together Ellie. I'm tellin you."

"I have to go. I shouldn't have come here." Ellie sat the notebooks down and walked out the door.

"Ellie wait," Gerard opened the door and followed her.

Once they reached the bottom door, he sat on a bench right outside the door.

"Everywhere I go there are signs pointing right to you. Every time it rains. You know what came on HBO last month? The Notebook. Same day, The Crow came on."

Those were some of Ellie's most favorite movies. She was wiping back tears now. "I'm sorry."
She turned and walked away.