A Loveless Life (One Girl, Three Vampires, No Escape, No Problem, Right?)

Chapter 9

As I read that letter, time began to stop. I could barley hear Jacob calling my name, or his arm around my waist to support my weight.One thing was for certain: Someone was looking for me and my child. But who is master?

Once I once again was aware of my surroundings, I asked, "Can you guys pack Rachel's things? I am going to check us into a hotel tonight." They nodded and went to Rachel's room.

I walked into my room, grabbed the suitcase from under the bed, and started packing. Jacob helped me pack.

"You do know that you will come back to the Academy soon right?" he asked after a moment of akward silence.

"I thought it was too dangerous for me there. And it would be even more dangerous for Rachel, since she can't defend herself as well as I can. I don't even think that she knows what vampires are. Can you pack those books on the top shelf?" I asked pointing to my bookshelf. I kept my best books on top so Rachel couldnt ruin them.

"We would protect you guys, Alex seems to have taken a shine to her. If he wasn't gay, then I'd think she was his Peace." He said, stuffing my books into the bag.

"Whats a Peace?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

He sighed, "A Peace is like a soulmate, only stronger. Its hard to stay away from them for a while, and when you try not to theink of them, your energy is drained and you become weak."

"Is it only for vampires? Could humans have a peace too?" I asked

"Humans can only have a Peace if their Peace is a vampire." he explained

"How do you know when you found your peace? Could you just ignore it?"

"Not for very long, once you find each other, it feels as if you found your other half and taking that away would be worse than death. Why?"

"Nothing, just wondering." I said quickly, continuing my packing. I might have answered too quickly, because Jacob stared at me a second longer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rachel and I are now sitting in the living room with the guys, Alex has become so close to her now, she calles him 'Uncle Alex' although it sounds like 'Aliks'

"Mommy?" Rachel asks, looking up from her dolls to look at me.

"Yes sweetie?" I answered her

"When I was asleep, I had a dream where we were in the park, and a man came out of nowhere and bit your neck, but when he tried to, a bolt of lightning came out of the sky and hit him. Thats when he reached in his pocket and took out a neacklace, and the lightning stopped. Thats when he bit your neck and you fell to the floor. And then as he was walking towards me, everything changed."

By this time everyone was staring at her with wide eyes.

"You were in a pretty white dress, and I was in a pretty pink dress with flowers on it. You looked the same only your skin was lighter and your eyes were greener. And there was a boy in a black suit standing next to you. His skin was as light as yours, And he looked sorta familiar" she said, tapping her chin and stealing a quick peek at Jacob before giggling. "And then just as the dream ended, he whispered something in your ear and you laughed."

Wait. Was she saying that I was a vampire? And was going to marry Jacob!