The Darkest Hour

This Is The Best Day Ever

The funny thing about making himself exclusive to one woman was that Mikey Way wasn't scared of it. He'd been so worked up to believe that the day he'd commit himself to Alicia Simmons and only Alicia Simmons would be the day he'd keel over from a massive heart attack. But the most pain he was feeling was the metaphorical pain in his ass from Gerard's constant questions. "Are you sure?" "You're completely okay with this?"

And the best one: "Mikey, are you gonna be okay?"

Michael James Way had had enough of his brother's worrying. It was pretty much ridiculous, seeing as Mikey was doing fine, with just a minor case of the nerves. This wasn't the anxiety that had driven him to drink heavily, then make a fool out of himself in front of that cop. This wasn't the feeling that had landed him in jail for Alicia and Gerard to bail him out. This was pre-wedding nerves. What Mikey was feeling was normal: it was the feeling every man got before he was supposed to walk down the aisle and wait patiently for his soon-to-be wife.

"Yes, Gerard. Sit down and take a few breaths, won'tcha?" It seemed as if Gee was the one that was hyperventilating. Mikey was fine, standing straight up in the 'monkey suit' his father had helped him pick out. The older Way brother sighed, nodding so that the front of his slicked back hair fell in little locks into his face. Lindsey would like his hair like that, Mikey knew. He also knew Lindsey was only a few rooms over, helping Alicia get ready for her big day.

"My little brother's getting married today!" Starring at Gerard, Mikey shook his head.

"Dude, that's dad's line." Mr. Way chuckled from his spot on the couch next to Bob. The two of them each had a small wine glass, halfway filled with sparkling champagne. Mikey turned to look at his father with a smile on his face.

"Gerard Arthur Way, calm yourself. I'd hate to see you the day you marry Lindsey," Mr. Way said. Gerard blushed and shook his head; ever since girls became creatures without cooties, Gee had still claimed he would never get married. But Mikey and their father both knew better; it was so physically obvious that Gerard had fallen hard, completely head over heels for Lindsey Ballato, and it was just as obvious that they were going to get married one day.

The door opened and Mikey jumped, his excitement getting the best of him. However, the person that was coming into the room was moving backwards, and the short stature gave him away instantly. "Love you, Jammy!" was heard. Frank backed into the room completely, then turned and closed the door before looking at any of the men in the room. The first person he did look at though, was Mikey, and the smile on Frank's face was probably comparable to the size of Wyoming.

"Wait until you see that dress." Suddenly, jealousy filled Mikey after Frank's statement. That asshole got to see Alicia's dress?! Of course he did; it was probably the reason he was saying his version of a 'See you in a few, honey bunny!' to Jamia. "It's amazing."

Mikey ignored Frank's bragging when Mr. Way stood up. He checked his watch, smiling at his sons from across the room. "It's time, Mikey."

The exasperated sigh that escaped Mikey now was out of complete nervousness. Not anxiety, but pure nervousness. This was it: Mikey Way was going to walk up to the stage placed in front of the rows of chairs and claim Alicia Simmons as his own, as Alicia Way. Within the next hour, she'd be Mrs. Mikey Way.

"You're up first, Mick." Mr. Way headed for the door and held it open for Mikey, who walked out into the hall and stopped where the aisle started. Behind him was Mr. Way with Mrs. Way on his arm, then Gerard with Lindsey attached to him. The women behind Mikey were all wearing the same black, off the shoulder dresses, as they should have been since they were all brides maids.

When everyone was seated, the first composition of music started. Mikey took a huge breath before taking his first step down the aisle, smiling at the people around him. His family, and Alicia's, and his friends, as well as Alicia's all grouped into one room to witness this.

Finally, at the end of the aisle, the music stopped as the second composition started. Everyone stood, but Mikey was standing at the end of the aisle, with a really great line of sight of the doorway everyone but Alicia and her father were finally ready to walk down. Mikey held his hands in front of him, hoping his anxiety wouldn't come out of nowhere after three months with a clean break from its grip.

The moment Alicia Simmons stepped into the room was the moment Mikey Way realized that his battle was over. It was the moment he realized that he hadn't won, but Alicia had. She was the one that had pushed him to overcome his dark days, his Darkest Hour. She was the light at the end of the tunnel for Michael James Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! Happy? Good.
I appreciated everything you guys said, really! Thanks for all the support and great appreciation! Who knows, maybe one day I'll even start a Ger-z ;D