The Darkest Hour

Never Cleaned Up The Shore

"Mikey, baby, what is it?!" Alica screamed. I knew it was because of my night terrors, and my screaming because of them. "Please, wake up and talk to me, baby!" she said, pushing my body as to shake me from my dream. I quickly jerked up straight, bringing Alica with me, since her hands were clutching my night shirt, almost ripping holes into it's fabric.

"'Lica, I'm fine." I was lying through my teeth, and we both knew it. At least her breath slowed, as mine did. Gerard's voice could be heard from the other side of the door, and I could see his struggle to get into the room. Lyn-Z was standing behind him, a tired expression on her face when he officially got the door open.

"Mikey, I thought someone was dying in here!" Gerard said, a slight hint of anger on his face. I cringed at his stare, but he just sighed and loosened up. Both him and Lindsay came and sat on the edge of mine and Alica's bed, folding their legs across the other. "I'm sorry, Mikey. You scared the shit out of me-out of us. We could hear you screaming over anything else."

I felt horrible. I had my whole band worried, my brother in hysterics, my fiance in horror, and myself in anxiety. Everything was so...out of wack with that picture. Everyone seemed so worried over me, and I didn't want that. "Gee, go back to your room. I'll get you if I need you," I said softly. Lindsay smiled, placing one on hand my knee, and the other on Gerard's.

"We'll get through this," she said quietly. I loved how sure she was, unlike Alica. I couldn't blame her. Alica was the one that had to sleep in the same bed as me, and put up with the screaming right in her ear. Sometimes, I wondered why she didn't just get rid of me and move on. She must love me a whole lot.

I smiled at Lyndz, as much as I could. "Thanks, Ballato," I sad, using her last name. I knew it would bug her, but instead of glaring at me this time, she just smiled. I knew the expression on her face, as if she was saying, "See, you're already getting back to your old self." She smiled a little wider, getting up off the bed, taking Gerard with her. He didn't turn his gaze from me until Lindsay closed the door.

"Mikey, what was it about?" Alica asked. I turned to face her, everything but her face just a little blurry. These stupid contacts made anything behind my range of focus blurrier than they needed to be. I'd have to get new ones, soon.

Alica's soft hand ran down my face, calming my nerves for a short period of time. I sighed and kissed her quickly, before sitting back and sighing again. "You. Me loosing you. I-I can't imagine my life without you, 'Lica!" I cried. She pulled me close to her, kissing my face in circles until her lips touched mine.

"It's okay Mikey. Baby, you know I'm not going anywhere. When this is all over, we'll get married, and then you'll know with absolute positivity that I'm yours forever," she said. Her words sounded so assuring, so soothing, that I would have fallen back to sleep right then had I not been sitting straight up.

"Good. I love you Alica Simmons," I said. She smiled and hugged me tight.

"I love you too, Michael James Way."


Mikey opened his eyes to a bright sun. For once, he wasn't scared of the room him and Alica had been sharing. The Paramour Estate was said to be haunted, and every night since they'd been there, Mikey had had bad dreams. However, his dream of the night they arrived had made him realize that today would be a better day. Today would be an 'up' day; a day that he'd drool over his fiance and love her unconditionally. Hopefully, nothing would go hay-wire today.

He turned and saw Alica, her eyes closed and her breathing steady. He smiled, running a hand through her hair. She's so beautiful, he thought. He sighed, turning his legs off the side of the bed and headed into the bathroom. Mikey changed his contacts, realizing he should have taken the ones he had been wearing out before he went to sleep.

Mikey washed his face, letting the cool water calm his nerves the way Alica's physical contact always did. He put his hands on either side of the sink, holding himself up so he could see his reflection in the mirror. "Mikey," he heard Alica call. She had woken up, which meant his good day could begin.

He could give all of his attention to her today, until band practice started. He smiled for once, walking back into the main room and sitting back on the bed. Alica's smile grew as Mikey's did, and she nearly tackled him in happiness. "I love you, Way," she said. Mikey kissed her head and enjoyed how she held him. He always did.

"I love you more, Simmons."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoy writing this.
Just thought I'd let you know!