1000 Stars Are Passing By

Discotraxx

Adelaide's POV

I stared at all the flashing lights before me. Mom had told me to study my profession so here I was, staring at videos from a fashion show by some girl named Tara Schwartz that had to be at least fifteen years old.

But being the good daughter that I was, I'd obey my mom.

I wouldn't have been stuck doing this.

I was supposed to be out with dad shopping. You know, I liked shopping with him. He'd give me whatever insane amount of money I wanted just so I'd finish fast.

But instead he'd gone with Uncle Bill and Will and Sophie to an album signing in Chicago. I don't know why I wasn't invited, really.

Mom said it was for 'famous people.' Screw that, aren't I famous? My dad is Tom Kaulitz. Tom Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel. But oh, I don't let that go to my head. Most of the stuff I have I've worked for. I have a job; I'm a fairly successful model.

Of course Sophie and Will never had to work for anything. They don't understand the meaning of anything like finance or money. Life is just a game. New colored extensions and wigs one day, full blown makeup sets the next.

And my uncle lets them do it....

My uncle...now he's an odd character. Bill Kaulitz. Tall and slender as a rail, with turn of the century scene fashion. And though him and my dad are twins, and they have to be way into their thirties he barely looks a day over twenty five. God he has good skin.

He doesn't talk much. It’s really sad. He hasn't sung in a long time either. I know it kills dad. He wants to get the band back together but Uncle Bill just doesn't want to do anything...

Sophie and Will, his own children, don't associate with him much. It’s sad...

I think he'd like to be around his kids, but at the same time maybe not.

There’s a past he doesn't talk about. No one talks about it.

I know he was married at one time. He still wears his ring. But I know they're not together now.

I ask mom a lot, but no one seems to give me any answers. I know when Will is over, when we’re alone, he confides in me that he would like to know his mom, maybe his life would be less out-there if him and Sophie had grown up with her around. I mean, he’d never known his mom. The most I knew was that she left when they were small.

“Sometimes I dream about her, you know. Dad only once ever told me that I wasn’t even a year old when she left. But I can imagine her; she’s tall and blonde and has a beautiful figure. She just fits next to dad. It’s like that part he truly is missing,” Will would explain to me.

And I knew that her and my mom had been best friends. She’d told me that once, a long time ago, and that was all she ever said about her. I didn’t even know her name.

And I hated when people didn’t tell me things. Stuff like that really annoyed me.

“Addy? Adelaide what are you doing?” I heard my mom’s voice.

I must have been daydreaming. The TV screen was black, the video must have been over for some time.

“Yeah?”

“Gary just called. He wants you in a show in Kansas City next week.”

“Will I miss school?” I asked excitedly.

She nodded and smiled. “A day or two. And I’ve something planned that day. So you’re going to have to fly down alone.”

-even more excited-

“Can I trust you?” she asked, running her hand through her dark red hair.

“Of course mom,” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are always good.
and subscriptions :D