1000 Stars Are Passing By

A Dark Congregation

Kayden’s POV

It was Saturday morning. I crawled out of bed, smelling bacon being cooked in the kitchen. Yum.

“Yeah Christian I’ll be there. Tuesday? That should be fine. I’m just not sure if I can trust Kayden here alone for a day or two,” I heard my mom say, talking to someone on the phone.

I chuckled. “How could you not trust me?” I asked, grabbing a piece of bacon.

She rolled her eyes. “Can I? That would be great. I bet he’d like that. You got my drawings in, right? Good.”

She hung up the phone and turned to me. “You want a little time off of school.”

“You know it,” I sighed, mouth stuffed with bacon.

“Christian wants me to do a show in Kansas City,” she frowned, running her hands through her hair and leaning over the counter. “God knows why.”

We lived in Kentucky. “We’re going on a plane?” I asked.

“No Kayden we’re walking there,” she rolled her eyes. “Christian is booking us a flight. We’ll leave after you come home from school Monday.”

I nodded. “How long are we gonna be there?”

“The show is Tuesday night. We’ll probably leave some time Wednesday.”

“You know where I want to go?”

“Where?”

“New York.”

She frowned.

“Mom, everyone I know has been there. Everyone says it’s so amazing. We’ve been to like every city but that. And that’s where Sophie and Will live!” I smiled.

“Millions of people live in New York.”

“You’re weird.”

“You’re weird!” she smirked and ruffled my hair. “You’re lucky I’m taking you to Kansas City.”

“Fine, I guess I am.”

Two days later I was sitting on a plane, blasting Reverse Gravity as loud as my iPod would go.

“The whole plane can hear that Kayden,” mom yelled.

I smiled. “Maybe I want the world to hear them.”

“Maybe the world doesn’t want to hear them,” she replied, giving me that mom glare.

I took my headphones out. “What is your problem with them?

“They’re not a good influence to you,” she looked away.

I laughed. “Will is like the most straightedge person I know. And I mean Sophie is a sex addict and probably a druggie but well she’s in a rock band. Besides, you don’t see me doing shit like that, do you?”

It looked like there were tears in her eyes. “No, and I’m glad you don’t.”

We got to Kansas City around five o’clock and checked into our hotel.

“You wanna shop?” mom asked.

“I wanna eat!”

She laughed. “When do you not?”

After we went to eat mom still wanted to shop. I didn’t. I took a cab back to the hotel while she went to shop. She told me not to get into any mischief. Haha, how could I? I didn’t even know anyone here.

I got to the hotel and ran down the hall to our room. But then out of no where a door hit me in the face and I was going so fast I couldn’t stop.

“Shit,” I declared and fell on the floor.

“Ohmigod I’m so sorry!” a girl cried.

My vision was blurry. I looked up at her. She held a hand out to me and helped me up.

She had dirty blonde hair and beautiful, big eyes, and she was carrying a pile of expensive-looking clothes in her hands.

“I’m so sorry,” she repeated.

“Its alright,” I ran a hand through my hair and looked her up and down.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah I get hit with doors a lot,” I replied, smirking.

She smirked too. “I’m sure.”

“I’m Kayden,” I said.

“I’m Adelaide,” she said, holding out a hand for me to shake from behind all the clothes. “I was just getting settled in my room, sorry.”

“I see you’re the room next to mine.”

She smiled. “I guess.”

I pulled out the room key and opened the door.

“Where are you from?” she asked. She was following me. Kinda creepy.

“Just outside of Louisville, Kentucky.”

“You don’t have an accent.”

“Am I supposed to have one?”

“Well no...but Kentucky is in the south.”

“I lived in Maryland for awhile when I was little.”

“Ah. Well I’m going to put this stuff in my room,” she said as we stood in the doorway.

“When you’re done, come over.”

“O-okay,” she blushed. She was really pretty, and had the cutest dimples. And she was tan, but it seemed natural. Her hair was longer than I had first seen, and she had the classic scene cut, and dark lowlights as her bottom layer of hair.

I walked into the room. Just me and mom’s suitcases on our beds. Wasn’t too special in here. There was a big TV though, and a nice fridge filled with tons of stuff. I loved going on trips with mom because then I could eat whatever I wanted. Her company paid for it.

Adelaide walked into the room a minute later.

“So where are you from?” I asked, plopping down on a bed and opening a Red Bull.

“New York City,” she said.

I sat up straight. “Really?! I’ve always wanted to go there.”

“Yeah, its nice. I’m around everything I really ever could want...”

Her phone started to ring. “Hang on I have to get this.”

“Will? Yeah?” she paused. “Oh I’m sorry hun,” she frowned. “I promise I’ll be home Wednesday. Then I’ll give her a piece of my mind.” “Yeah yeah I know that never works.” “Talk to my dad.” “Or your dad for that matter. Jesus Christ.” “Yes, yes.” “It’s fine here, but I miss you.” “I’ll see you Wednesday.” “Love you too.”

She hung up and put her phone at her side, sighing.

“That your boyfriend?”

She chuckled. “Nah. My cousin.”

“You close with him?” I asked.

“He’s my best friend. I grew up with my cousins. Rather...my cousins grew up with me.”

“Oh. That’s cool. So...where’s your parents, they out?”

“Nah they didn’t come with me.”

“Really? They’d let you go thousands of miles alone.”

“It’s for work. And they trust me.”

She reached up to scratch her neck and that’s when I noticed it. A little Tokio Hotel symbol tattooed on her wrist. Just like Sophie and Will had. I’d drawn that on my wrist countless times, though I barely listened to Tokio Hotel.

“You like Tokio Hotel?” I asked.

“Well of course. They’re the best band from the turn of the century,” she smiled. “I guess I couldn’t not like them, even if they tried.”

“Their music is good. But I like Reverse Gravity.”

She just smiled.

“They’re my favorite band,” I said confidently. “I know everything about Sophie and Will Kaulitz,” I said, thinking this would impress her.

“As do I. I just prefer Tokio Hotel. I can relate more with their music.”

“I suppose but I mean Reverse Gravity can do any genre, Sophie can sing or scream out any emotion enough to make you laugh or cry or anything!”

She smiled and laughed again. “Where do you think they got it? I doubt they’d be famous if their father wasn’t Bill Kaulitz.”

“I know they still would be.”

She burst out laughing.

I frowned and she laughed more.

“Sorry. You just make me laugh.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Promise not to freak out?”

“Uhm...sure?”

“Will and Sophie Kaulitz are my cousins. My name is Adelaide Kaulitz. Tom Kaulitz is my dad.”

My jaw dropped. I screamed.

“You promised you wouldn’t freak out!” she cried and got up.

“But but oh my god how could I have not freaked out oh my god.”

“No I can’t get you to meet them,” she smiled and started to leave.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Back to my room. I’m tired. Big day tomorrow.”

I was left sitting stunned on my bed till mom got back.

“Are you stoned?” she declared.

I shook my head. “No, not at all.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, nothing’s wrong at all.”

“Okayyy...well you should get to bed. Big day tomorrow.”

I nodded and crawled into bed. “Big day, big day.”

I fell asleep soon after, and all I could dream about was Adelaide. Sure, maybe if we got close, then she would let me meet her cousins. Maybe.

Maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment.
subscribe.
please.