Sequel: We All Roll Along

Holding Our Breath While We Touch

Everything I Ask For

ONE YEAR LATER
Ring ring ring sounded my telephone beside my bed in my dorm room, waking me. I was now attending FIDM and so far things were going well. A lot had happened since going on tour with The Maine. Pat and I had called it quits about six months ago. It was just too hard for both of us. It wasn't worth all the work to make a relationship work with so many bumps along the way. Luckily it was a mutual thing, so there were no hard feelings, but I haven't heard from him since.
I lifted my head off of my pillow and picked up the phone.

"Mmm?" I grumbled into the phone while glancing at the clock. It read 10:45.

"Yo, Dei," said a voice on the other line. The voice was my boss, Felix. Oh, no I thought, late for work again!

"Oh! Felix, I'm sorry. I'll just throw some clothes on and be right over" I said into the phone and I hastily pulled on a pair of purple jeans. Clicking off the phone, I tossed it on the ground and picked up a white V neck off the floor and put it on. I dragged a comb through my long hair and put some curl-activation mousse in it. Pulling on a '60's-hippie style headband, I slipped my feet into my Vans and ran out the door in the direction of my car.
I jumped into my car and cranked up the stereo.

"I want a love, love that won't hit back
Want sex, sex without a catch
Want a face, to trust, to feel, to lust
In the heat of Los Angeles
Want to FUCK, FUCK, FUCK this up
Gonna feel, feel, feel you up
Had enough, enough, enough's enough
In the heat of Los Angeles"

Awesome, I smiled, my day starts off with Sugarcult, how bad can it be? Even though, like I said, me and Pat's breakup was mutual, there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think about him. I knew the I still loved him, but it wasn't fair of me to be with him. I knew that he was happier this way, and that is what I wanted. For him to be happy.

Since it was a Friday, after work that day I decided to go home for the weekend.

"Hey, mom!" I said over my phone while diving over to my house. "I'm coming home for the weekend!"

"Oh, that's wonderful sweetie. I'll set an extra place for dinner! See you soon."

I took a glace at my time. It was only 4:30, so dinner wouldn't be ready for about two hours. I smiled to myself at the thought of it: going down to the pier. It was pretty warm, about 25 deg. C, so it wasn't an insane idea.

I parked my car at the empty pier. I got out, not running right away. I took a deep breath in as I looked around me. Not too much had changed. Then I took right off. I had to stop to take off my jeans, but then I kept going until I was down to my underwear and jumped head first into the water.

I loved that feeling; the initial shock you get from jumping into ice cold water. Then it sort of levels out and you can just hang out, letting the cool water push you around.

I emerged from the water, taking a deep breath of much needed air. And I took another one when I saw who was lying on the pier, stomach on the ground, their head propped up with their hands, looking at me smiling. I smiled back, vibrantly.

I swam over to where we was lying, and held onto the dock with my hands, and pushed myself up so that we were eye to eye.

"Hey," I whispered.

"Hey," he replied, leaning in to kiss me. "I still love you."

"Yea, I know what you mean."
♠ ♠ ♠
And if it takes all night,
I swear I'll wait,
For you,
Forever.