Sequel: We All Roll Along

Holding Our Breath While We Touch

This Is The End

I woke up with a jolt in the middle of the night. It was probably about four thirty in the morning. Everyone had gone home from Tim's and everything was dead silent. I sat up and looked to the person lying beside me. It was not Pat. I had a splitting headache, so I got out of bed and put on a shirt that I was pretty sure belonged to Kennedy. I headed down the stairs. Wow, I though, Tim has a hell of a clean up coming for him. The room was strewn with bottles, cups, and a few passed out people, who I assumed had driven over and planned to stay the night.

I spotted Juli, fast asleep, curled up beside Jared. I rushed over to wake her up.

"Juli! Juli!" I whispered into her ear.

"What is it Dei? Are you okay?"

"Yea, I think so, but I'm going to find some Advil."

"Count me in."

I helped her get up and we walked into the kitchen to get some medicine.

"So, you have fun with Pat?" teased Juli after we had popped a couple of the pills.

"I had fun, alright, but not with Pat." I cringed. Hopefully Juliette would be able to help me sort out this situation.

"What?" Her mouth dropped and her eyes popped. "With who?"

"Kennedy."

"Damn. I saw that coming."

"Me too. I did my best to avoid him, but I was just too wasted last night to try."

"How far?" asked Juli.

"What?"

"What exactly did you do?"

"Honestly? I can't even remember. But I do know one thing. I do not like Kennedy in that way. At all."

Juli came over to where I stood, leaning on the counter. She hugged me and I started to sob into her shoulder. We slid down to the floor, our knees tucked against our chests, backs against the cupboards, and me weeping like a baby into her hair.

"At least," I managed to say, "I hope I don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end
Of you and me
And everything I used to be
Back then it meant something
But you're living a lie, you just can't hide from me