Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Only the Children Know

Two Weeks Later:

"And now introducing the Great Brendon Urie and his wild cats!" Clair announced on a microphone. She was wearing a white silk mini dress; frills, sparkles, and lace covered the top and bottom. Brendon came out from backstage followed by 5 lions and 3 Bengal tigers. Brendon had on his classic red ringmaster's coat. The buttons were a shiny, solid gold and his shoes were a dark, jet black. Only Brendon could get close to the ferocious lions, as well as Clair. Brendon cracked his deafening whip and the cats lined up in a stick straight line. Two cabaret performers dressed in metallic leotards rolled in a silver ring.
Brendon grabbed his wand from inside his hat and flicked it towards the ring. The ring immediately caught on fire. The children gasped, the parents stared, confused. They did not see anything unusual about the ring catching on fire, it was all just an illusion to them. But the children, oh the children knew that it wasn't an illusion. Brendon only let the children see, he let them see the true fire. The kids from the audience gaped at the brilliance of light from the fire.

"Humph, it's all just a trick you see?" said one adult to his awed child. John Greenborrow was his name. He was a professor of logic, "There's bound to be another person behind that ring that lit it on fire when the ringmaster fellow flicked his stick."

"But it's real papa!" his son insisted, "It's real! The Great Brendon Urie is a magician!" John Greenborrow frowned upon his child who was gleefully watching Brendon direct his cats through the flames.

'Someday...' John thought to himself, 'Someday I'll show my son I am right, and he's not.' But this time, the child knew better. Brendon was a magician. A magician that could give you all that you ever wanted or take away all that you had. The Great Brendon Urie was part of a dissolving group. It was a group of the few magicians that had survived though out the years. A group that The Phantom still preys upon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha! I like this chapter! Rate/message/subscribe/comment yay! Oh yeah! And PLEASE read my super awesome best friend's story "Playhouse". It's pretty awesome and is kinda based on the Phantom of the Opera. So yeah! It will make me happy if you read it and comment or whatever on her page. Her username is [url=http:member.mibba.com/93142/]pinkshoez[/url]. You can go on my profile and go under my "friends" tab and she's there.