Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Birthdays and Wizard

It has been 5 days since Jon, Spencer, and Anna found out about Ryan and my affair. Although I'd hate to call it that, it's a nasty name and Brendon and I aren't technicaly together.
But he loves me. I know this.
And no ones really supposed to have relationships in the Dark Masquerade.
But then there's Anna and Jon...

Plus, yesterday was my birthday.
Ryan had given me a necklace with his grandmother's pendent on it. He said that it was something really important to him. It was a silver tear drop with swirls in the middle. There were aqua blue gems and crystal clear diamonds in it also. But other than that I didn't get anything. But I didn't want anything, everyone was just so kind to me that gifts didn't seem like an important thing. And Danny was behing...well Danny. He hadn't exactly given me a reasonable explanation to his behavior the other day. Spencer guessed that he was just jealous.
Jon had this wierd dream of becoming a ninja.

"Clair, may I talk to you for a second?" Brendon called from backstage. I snapped up from my origianal position and ran over to him, "Nerves getting to you?" he chuckled.

"Well, it's kind of a gigantic show we're preforming in 2 days." I breathed. Half-lie. we were putting a big show on tomorrow, and I still hadn't gotten my dance right. And then there's my little Ryan secret. I hated my consience, making me feel guilty. But when Ryan would kiss me... I couldn't really think.

"Do you remember the shows name?" he asked kindly. I wondered how people still thought he was cruel. He was so nice to me! My mind went blank, I couldn't answer his question. The only thing that popped into my head was Serenia. A group of frisky clowns and their dogs passed through the space that was between Brendon and me, "The show's name is The Last Masquerade."

"I knew that." I said dumbly. The mental picture of Harlequin kept it's place in my mind, "Where are we preforming?" I asked.

"Harlequin Theatre. You've never been there before. It's simply marvelous!" Brendon exclaimed. The sick feeling came back in my stomach. I had forgotten Brendon didn't know I knew so much about Harlequin, nonetheless Serenia Dowes or his complete history, "Would you like to see the gift I got you?" Brendon raised an eyebrow, "Your birthday was yesterday, don't think I've forgotten about it."

"You shouldn't have." I smiled touching the diamond pendent around my neck. It was so beautiful.

"Is that..." Brendon trailed off. I knew he was looking at the necklace, "That's Ryan's grandmother's..."

"Brendon?" I asked. He looked somewhat out of it.

"Why do you have that?" he asked me.

"Ryan gave it to me for my birthday. Isn't it gorgeous?" I tried to look like I was oblivious to his inquisitive facial expresion.

"Hm..." Brendon sighed, his face brightened a little, "You have the honor of receiving The Dark Masquerade's first white tiger!" he smiled. He reached into a box next to him and pulled out a baby white tiger.

"Oh Brendon! He's adorable!" I rejoiced, "It's a he right?"

"Yes." Brendon stifled a laugh.

"I love him! What's his name?" I asked.

"You my dear have the privilage to name him!" Brendon announced happily.

"How about Wizard?"

"Genius." he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter! This chapter is dedicated to ninjas_are_awesome. She's awesome, like ninjas.
Comments=love