Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Piano in the Attic

"G'night." Anna sighed, I could tell she was pretty sleepy. Everyone should get their sleep, for tomorrow is the Last Masquerade.
And as a treat, everyone got to sleep in the sleeping area in the Harlequin Theatre. Sure there was confusion and fear on sleeping in the weird theatre, but no one actually knew if the stories about Brendon and Harlequin were really real.

"Good night Clair." Brendon said to me right before I went inside my room. I nodded in his direction. The second I got inside my room I undressed from my red sparkly dress and changed into my white nightgown. I fell asleep... and I dreamed:

It was dark, but I knew it was morning. Early in the morning. I decided that I had slept enough for the day and headed downstairs to the kitchen, for my throat was parched. To my relief, there was no one to ask me the stupid question on why I was up so early. I was thirsty.
Lame.

The water immediately soothed my sore throat as it slid down my throat.
Then there it was.
Music.

The piano.

It was softly playing, almost as if it wasn't there at all. Dark, gloomy, macabre.
It made me wonder.
It made me curious.

I set down my glass on the table.
Run. someone whispered. It was airy, aggravated.
Flee. another something whispered. But it was cautious, concerned even.

I took a step toward the kitchen door. Toward the piano. Toward the music.

No! the first voice said. I stopped. Fear ran through my spine and all over my body.
The music grew more intense, more enticing, calling me to it...
I had no other choice but to follow it.
Run! Before- the voice started but got cut off by a loud chord by the piano. More enticing. I took five paces toward the door. A hysterical hiss came from somewhere in the air.
I fingered the pendent around my pale neck.
A breath exhaled.
It wasn't mine.

And I ran. I ran away from the voices. I ran away from the music, the piano. I ran away from everything that made me curious. The piano was growing frantic, egging me to come closer, but ever-so-slowly it softened.
The piano at it's usual haunting lullaby. If it even was a lullaby.
I ended up at a door.
It had a large white circle on it.
What was I supposed to do?

Curiosity killed the cat, but Satisfaction brought it back.

And I did the unthinkable.
I opened the door.

There I was, there it was.
The attic, the piano.

It was black, old, cracked. The walls were black, the floor was black. It made me insecure.
There was no windows,
and now no doors.

It as at that moment I knew I wasn't dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I couldn't update yesterday.
I was at Disneyland, hahaha! I was tired.
comments=love