Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

The Phantom

And there he was.
I knew I had never seen him before.
But I knew it was him.
Smirking behind the shadow of his black hood. His fingers played one final note before chuckling menacingly at me.

"Hello dear." the man as I knew as the Phantom laughed, but it wasn't a lighthearted laugh. It wasn't one of those laughs that would come out after a funny joke, or just for the sake of it. It was one of those laughs that every living thing on earth fears to hear. A laugh that confirmed that you were going to die soon.

"Hel-hello." I struggled to get one word out. He got off the piano stool and took a stride toward me. A sickly, grotesque walk...snake-like in a way.

"I'm not going to harm you." he breathed. He cupped my porcelain face in his cold, clammy hands. I shivered at his touch, "Shh, shh. Don't fret doll." he cooed in my ear. I resisted the urge to shiver again. A hiss came from the air. The Phantom smirked in the direction of no where in particular. I shut my eyes, waiting for my death to come.

"Just do it." I whimpered. The Phantom gave out a sharp intake of breath, "Just kill me now." he laughed hysterically.

"Kill you?" he said amazed I'd think about such a thing, "You can never kill what was never alive." the smile was evident in his voice. Another hiss emitted through the air.

"What are you going to do with me." I felt my jaws tighten.

"Have you heard about our past? The Illusionists and the Magicians?" his red eyes stared into mine. I nodded my head once. He smiled, "You know about my daughter."
It wasn't a question.

"Yes." the answer came out weakly.

"Then you know about their relationship. Her and that Brendon." he cocked his head to the side.

"Yes." I answered softly again.

"I always hated him. Him and Danny Gibson... that traitor. He is an Illusionist! He should not be associating himself with these... they're not even magicians! They're vermin that took the fame, the power away from us. And I especially hate that Ryan too. I should have that rat killed." he ranted. My heart skipped a beat when he said Ryan's name, although not in a good way, "He said he'd do it. He said he'd convince my daughter that Brendon wasn't good for her. But he didn't. And I had to do it all myself!" he kicked one of the piano legs.

"Ryan?" I tried to sound confident. The Phantom looked at me for a minute. A smile cracked onto his lips.

"You love him. Clair Capulet loves Ryan." he sang, it was enchanting. It was lovely.

"Cap-Capulet?" I stuttered.

"Don't you know where you originated from? Don't you know who you are modeled after? Don't you know?"

"Do I know what?" my voice was barely audible.

"You are the envy of all the Illusionists, all the Magicians, all the Witches. You were modeled after Juliet Capulet."

"No." I denied.

"Yes, why do you think you look so perfect? Why do you think everyone loves you? You are an exact replica of Juliet before she committed suicide because she couldn't live through the death of her Romeo."

"Why am I the envy? Why does everyone want me?"

"Have you been paying attention? All of these circus cults are literally battling. We all hate each other. You are like the trophy, something everyone wants. Something we are all willing to commit murder to attain."

"How-"

"A long time ago you were lost. One of those foolish witches tried a spell on you to try to awake you. But they should have known better, only Illusionists and Magicians can really awake a doll.
You were transported to somewhere on this world. Fortunately, you ended up at a local shoppe keeper who had hobby of collecting dolls. He kept you in your prime state.
All of the cults set out to look for you.
But no one could find you.
We all grew aggravated and waged war. The Illusionists and Magicians,strongest out of all the cults teamed up together and every single cult fell. They were made into dust.
Then, the leader of the Magicians, Alexandria was it, double crossed us. She broke the alliance.
That's when the massacre started. I, with five other Illusionists led a surprise attack against the Magicians and killed almost all of them.
But Brendon and Ryan still were left. Of course I didn't know.
They started their circus, and Brendon fell for my daughter.
I hate to say it, but I wasn't really close to her. I knew she hated me, and what I was. But she went against my rule! My one and only rule!
She was not to fall in love with a Magician...ever!"

"You really hate Brendon don't you?" I was on the verge of tears.

"Yes, and that's why you are going to help me kill him."
♠ ♠ ♠
This took a really long time to write! I love you all!
comments = love