Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Beckett Said she Isn't

I tried to scream, but the air seemed too thick to even be breathable.
"Clair!" someone whispered. My heart started beating faster. Surely the Phantom had seen me now, "Clair, don't move!"
Mission already accomplished. I was frozen in place.

Then I saw a boy- it, to describe him more truely. He was illuminated, transparent, and had an exquisite face. No one should be that gorgeous.

"Get away!" I automaticly said. I regretted the words immediately after I said them. I didn't want the beautiful being to go away.

"I'm not going to hurt you." he said, it was airy, like he wasn't exactly on this world. Thank God he wasn't leaving, "Wait-" he seemed alarmed by something. I waited patiently. He took a few steps closer to me. The light shining from his, well, whole body shone even brighter. He was about 2 feet away from me, "You can see me?"
Most dumb question ever.

"Uhm, yes." he was almost as bright as the sun itself! Well, maybe not that bright, but still, he praticaly illuminated half of the theatre. And Isabella's hanging figure.
I cringed away from that thought.
The boy looked amazed. He wasn't a boy though, more 20 or 21 years of age, around there. Goregeous...

"How..." he trailed off. He took a few more steps toward me. I sat down on the floor not knowing what to do. He was right up against my face.

"What are you doing?" I asked, his eyes were a dark black. A stand out from his mostly lighted figure. I got lost in them.

"You can see me." this time it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Yes." I said anyway. He made me feel secure somehow. Like when Brendon or Ryan was around.
Brendon and Ryan.
Dear Lord.

"You do look like her. Exactly." he mumbled. He absentmindedly touched my face. His hands were cold and did not feel solid. Like water, maybe some sort of gas?

"Juliet?" I asked. He pulled his hand back sharply.

"How do you...he told you didn't he?" I frowned. My mind went to Isabella, still hanging above me, "I knew he would let the secret out. God, I hate that stupid ringmaster!"

"What?" I looked at him oddly, "The Phantom is a ringmaster?"
He went even more pale, like he wasn't enough already.

"Huh? I meant Brendon..."

"Brendon didn't tell me. The Phantom did. And why are you so amazed I can see you? You're as bright as daylight! Why are you glow- what in the world are you?" I spewed out questions.

"You-you met the Phantom?" he stuttered.

"Yes! He tried to make me help him murder Brendon!" I started to get angry. I took a deal breath.
Oh the horrible smell of blood.

"You are in danger Miss Clair." he said. Like I didn't know that already, "Follow me if you want to live." Haven't heard that before.

"Why should I?" I refused, "I don't even know your name."
He sighed.

"William, William Beckett." he said. I still wasn't convinced.
I wanted to go to Ryan.
Brendon.
Oh what did it matter.

"No." I said flatly.

"You'll die." he protested.

"You can't kill what was never alive." I quoted, from the Phantom himself.

"Then explain how Isabella is dead." he glared at me.

"She's human!"

"She's a doll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = love
And I really need some love right now.

Thanks to:
pinkshoez
ninjas_are_awesome
MTV Generation
Fueled. by. Love.
And many more...